NHTSA Recall Number NCR-22-02-0

zkhan2

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Via email:

The attached notification letter is being shared in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. We’ve determined that a defect relating to safety exists in certain 2022 Lucid Air vehicles.

Lucid has determined that on certain model year 2022 Lucid Air vehicles with subframes manufactured by a supplier, the tow eye attachment bracket at the vehicle subframe may have been manufactured with inadequate adhesive properties, which could result in the unexpected detachment of the tow eye during recovery operations. Such an unexpected detachment could occur without warning and risks causing property damage or injury.

When Lucid is ready to perform recall repairs, Lucid will permanently secure the vehicle’s tow eye attachment to the subframe at NO COST to the customer.

The tow eye should not be used until the recall repair is completed on your vehicle by a Lucid Service Center. Lucid also advises that the tow eye be physically removed from the vehicle trunk until after the recall repair is completed to ensure that it is not used in the event recovery services are required. The tow eye is in the trunk of your vehicle, located on the underside of the right-hand floor panel.

Lucid expects that it will be ready to begin scheduling repair appointments on or about November 14, 2022. At that time, Lucid will provide official notice of the recall to you via email and U.S. mail.

In the meantime, you can safely drive your vehicle as usual. If it is necessary to load the vehicle onto a flat bed or other tow truck, the recovery service should employ wheel dollies.

If you no longer own this vehicle or would like to update vehicle ownership or contact information, please contact Lucid Customer Care at [email protected] or 1-888-99-LUCID (1-888-995-8243).

Sincerely,

Lucid USA, Inc.

Attachments

• IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL, 2022 Lucid Air Owner Notification, NCR-22-01-0 forAsaduz Khan .pdf
    155 KB · Views: 192
Ditto, Oct 21 build!

So it seems when Lucid actually identifies a specific cause to a problem that is significantly widespread, it actually does issue recalls. Who would have thought?

From notice: " ... the tow eye attachment bracket at the vehicle subframe may have been manufactured with inadequate adhesive properties."

My highlighting -- adhesive properties sounds like double-faced tape or velcro! As opposed to inadequately "attached or bolted." I wonder how it is actually "adhered" now?

From notice: " ... the tow eye attachment bracket at the vehicle subframe may have been manufactured with inadequate adhesive properties."

My highlighting -- adhesive properties sounds like double-faced tape or velcro! As opposed to inadequately "attached or bolted." I wonder how it is actually "adhered" now?
May be using “adhere”’in a very broad sense.

Structural adhesives are used frequently in modern cars, but do not perform very well in tension. On the other hand I can see it being possible to configure a bracket-to-subframe attachment that wouldn’t result in tensile force on the “bond” under towing…so who knows.

May be using “adhere”’in a very broad sense.

Structural adhesives are used frequently in modern cars, but do not perform very well in tension. On the other hand I can see it being possible to configure a bracket-to-subframe attachment that wouldn’t result in tensile force on the “bond” under towing…so who knows.
Hmmm, needing to pull a 5K+ lbs vehicle (even just rolling) would seem to need an old-fashion bolt, IMHO. Polident is fine, but implants are better. 😂😂

LOL.... does it really matter? When mine got towed the tow truck driver didn't even know it had a tow hook and was just pushing the car around everywhere. He was literally telling me the both of us were going to have to push it up onto the bed and was complaining how easier it would be if they just installed a tow hook 😂

He managed to get the car to go into drive long enough to drive it on the bed but yes, my thoughts were...... this is a 5000lbs car I don't think it's that easy to just push it up onto a flat bed. LOL

Via email:

The attached notification letter is being shared in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. We’ve determined that a defect relating to safety exists in certain 2022 Lucid Air vehicles.

Lucid has determined that on certain model year 2022 Lucid Air vehicles with subframes manufactured by a supplier, the tow eye attachment bracket at the vehicle subframe may have been manufactured with inadequate adhesive properties, which could result in the unexpected detachment of the tow eye during recovery operations. Such an unexpected detachment could occur without warning and risks causing property damage or injury.

When Lucid is ready to perform recall repairs, Lucid will permanently secure the vehicle’s tow eye attachment to the subframe at NO COST to the customer.

The tow eye should not be used until the recall repair is completed on your vehicle by a Lucid Service Center. Lucid also advises that the tow eye be physically removed from the vehicle trunk until after the recall repair is completed to ensure that it is not used in the event recovery services are required. The tow eye is in the trunk of your vehicle, located on the underside of the right-hand floor panel.

Lucid expects that it will be ready to begin scheduling repair appointments on or about November 14, 2022. At that time, Lucid will provide official notice of the recall to you via email and U.S. mail.

In the meantime, you can safely drive your vehicle as usual. If it is necessary to load the vehicle onto a flat bed or other tow truck, the recovery service should employ wheel dollies.

If you no longer own this vehicle or would like to update vehicle ownership or contact information, please contact Lucid Customer Care at [email protected] or 1-888-99-LUCID (1-888-995-8243).

Sincerely,

Lucid USA, Inc.
Thanks

How does one find the build date?
On my order agreement (when car was nearly ready for delivery) the purchase price section, final preparation, has a date on it (4/26/2022). That should be close.

How does one find the build date?
It is imprinted on a plate on the car.

Open the front door. You will see a metal plate on the outer wheel well. On the top line it tell you date of manufacture. Mine says 03/2022

It is imprinted on a plate on the car.

Open the front door. You will see a metal plate on the outer wheel well. On the top line it tell you date of manufacture. Mine says 03/2022
Thank you. I don’t have my car back yet but will check next week.

Back