Babyrocko1908

Referral Code - 2BFU7LV3
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
2BFU7LV3
Lucid Motors Debuts the Lucid Air Midnight Dream Edition during the International Motor Show 2023 in Munich.

I love it and It looks sick! Too bad the Dream Edition is sold out in the US/North America markets. The company should reconsider.

Nice 😎

Lucid Motors Debuts the Lucid Air Midnight Dream Edition during the International Motor Show 2023 in Munich.

I love it and It looks sick! Too bad the Dream Edition is sold out in the US/North America markets. The company should reconsider.

Not sold out in the US, it won’t be available in the US:

“This exclusive, limited-production luxury electric sedan was created with the European market in mind and will not be available in the U.S.”

Not sold out in the US, it won’t be available in the US:

“This exclusive, limited-production luxury electric sedan was created with the European market in mind and will not be available in the U.S.”
What's your point? I said this in my initial post.

my point is that you said “sold out in the US” then again, it’s not even available here in the 🇺🇸… see the reply from @borski
Actually, she said “too bad the Dream Edition is sold out in the US/North American markets” which is factually correct.

Actually, she said “too bad the Dream Edition is sold out in the US/North American markets” which is factually correct.
Lol! Thanks Bobby!

I wonder if the wheels are powder-coated? If so, they could charge a premium! 🙃

I wish they had provided more (and better) images. I can’t really get a sense of the color at all.

There is just something so slick about it being called the Dream Edition. I loved it when it launched here in the US, and I love it again now. I guess it’s the inherent subliminal correlation my mind has with the wording “lucid dreams” that just really makes it pop. Kudos to the marketers lol.

I cannot find anything that discloses the power figures for this Midnight Dream Edition. Will it have the 118-kWh battery pack, the exotic metallurgy in the rear motor, and the additional horsepower and torque of the original Dream Edition? Or is it just all about the cosmetics?

The WLTP range is given as 496 miles, so it's hard to use range to deduce whether it has the GT, the GT-P, or the original DE powertrain.

I continue to read all the press coverage I can find on this Midnight Dream Edition, and there is still no information about the car's powertrain or performance other than range and efficiency.

I'm interested in this because I'm now driving a Grand Touring loaner while our Dream Edition Performance is in the shop. For the great majority of my driving, I can detect no real difference in the two cars. By any reasonable standard, the Grand Touring has all the power anyone would need, and then some. However, when really wanting to push car, the presence of the additional 292 hp in the Dream P steps forward in a noticeable way. It's a bit hard to describe. The rush of acceleration in both cars under hard acceleration concentrates the mind so intensely that I can't really say the difference comes through in that situation. It's more that the Dream P feels more lively under your foot when you're working into and out of the mid-throttle range.

With the Grand Touring Performance having disappeared from and then returned to the order configurator, I hope Lucid remains committed to offering a powertrain in the middle of that wide gap between the Grand Touring and the Sapphire -- and without the track-oriented trappings of the Sapphire. I think there are a lot of potential buyers in that space, particularly when the Gravity launches . . . and I'm a little worried that no mention of such a power offering is made in any of the press coverage about the Midnight Dream.

That coverage is less about performance and more about this kind of marketing claptrap from "Motor Illustrated", which I suspect comes from Lucid's marketing department:

"Drawing inspiration from the Mojave desert’s stargazing experience, Lucid Motors has created a theme that encapsulates the allure of the desert’s celestial wonders. The theme evokes the mesmerizing beauty of the Milky Way, countless stars, meteor showers, and other celestial events."

Really?

Ugh, and double ugh . . . .

I continue to read all the press coverage I can find on this Midnight Dream Edition, and there is still no information about the car's powertrain or performance other than range and efficiency.

I'm interested in this because I'm now driving a Grand Touring loaner while our Dream Edition Performance is in the shop. For the great majority of my driving, I can detect no real difference in the two cars. By any reasonable standard, the Grand Touring has all the power anyone would need, and then some. However, when really wanting to push car, the presence of the additional 292 hp in the Dream P steps forward in a noticeable way. It's a bit hard to describe. The rush of acceleration in both cars under hard acceleration concentrates the mind so intensely that I can't really say the difference comes through in that situation. It's more that the Dream P feels more lively under your foot when you're working into and out of the mid-throttle range.

With the Grand Touring Performance having disappeared from and then returned to the order configurator, I hope Lucid remains committed to offering a powertrain in the middle of that wide gap between the Grand Touring and the Sapphire -- and without the track-oriented trappings of the Sapphire. I think there are a lot of potential buyers in that space, particularly when the Gravity launches . . . and I'm a little worried that no mention of such a power offering is made in any of the press coverage about the Midnight Dream.

That coverage is less about performance and more about this kind of marketing claptrap from "Motor Illustrated", which I suspect comes from Lucid's marketing department:

"Drawing inspiration from the Mojave desert’s stargazing experience, Lucid Motors has created a theme that encapsulates the allure of the desert’s celestial wonders. The theme evokes the mesmerizing beauty of the Milky Way, countless stars, meteor showers, and other celestial events."

Really?

Ugh, and double ugh . . . .
Haha. That’s definitely Lucid Marketing speak.

It is a good reminder they are a California company.

I'm not one to complain on internet forums (I guess other than the fact that I'm on my 8th tire...) but as one of the original Dream Edition pre-order folks, am I wrong to be a bit ticked that there are more Dream Editions in production?

In all markets, whether car, art, baseball cards, books, coins, or otherwise, there is a premium paid for "limited editions"- the reason being right there in the verbiage. They are limited, and, therefore, have an intangible value greater than an asset that is not limited in number. "X" (that is my Econ 101 supply and demand emoji).
And I am ego-aware enough to fully admit there is a certain cachet in owning a limited edition of something.

So, going back to my question- when an asset is sold with the understanding that it is a limited edition, and that the limited editions are capped at 520, and a purchase is made at a certain value taking into account that the asset being purchased is limited to only 520, am I wrong to be torqued off that there are suddenly an unknown number MORE "limited" editions suddenly appearing on the market?

I will caveat to say that it obviously does not diminish the pure joy I feel when driving my Lucid, limited edition or otherwise, and I do not regret, and I would not change anything going back. I love my Lucid.

I DO think there is a chilling effect for future purchasers.

And I DO think that it's a bit of a slap in the face of those of us who put out a large amount of cash on a gamble of a product with the (supposed) understanding that those of us that did would own one of only 520 Lucid Dream Editions.

And I WOULD be mollified if Lucid came and applied the Midnight Package to my current Midnight Black Dream Edition as a show of apology and support to the original 520... 😇

Back