Debut of the Midnight Dream Edition

I appreciate your response. It's nice on this cesspool we call the interwebs to have a genuine and mature disagreement that is respectful! So thank you!

As for the question you posed above, in order to be fully honest, my answer is "I don't know."

That said, I can tell you what my UNDERSTANDING was at the time I added my name to the list and put down my deposit, all the way through making full payment and receiving the car, and even up until this announcement about the Midnight.

I never saw, heard, or read anything indicating that the 520 "limited" Dream Editions were somehow limited to a geographic area, continent, country, or otherwise. By "saw, heard, or read" I mean everything from the prospectus of the SPAC that purchased what became Lucid (that's actually how I heard of the car; I was an early investor in CCIV or whatever it was called, the SPAC that brought Lucid public), to press releases, to statements by the company, to articles where the company, company execs, or others were interviewed, marketing materials, investor calls, quarterly earnings calls, and maybe I am missing something.

But throughout all of that, I never saw, heard, or read anything indicating that the "limitation" only applied to the US or otherwise.

So, @Lucid how about that proposal I keep making about Midnight-ing or Stealth-ing my Dream Edition in order for me to actually regain the intrinsic value of my car being limited as originally promised? 😇 🤷‍♂️
Maybe you just need to get over it. You own 1 of 520 cars for the US. There are other DEs overseas, but they'll never come to the US because they won't be road legal. You're still in forever limited company...

Maybe you just need to get over it. You own 1 of 520 cars for the US. There are other DEs overseas, but they'll never come to the US because they won't be road legal. You're still in forever limited company...
Well, we know for sure 4 have been totaled so it's 1 of 516 now

The irony in your statement quoting me, only to have the visible part of my statement being where I say: "I appreciate your response. It's nice on this cesspool we call the interwebs to have a genuine and mature disagreement that is respectful! So thank you!"

Only to then read your response: "Maybe you just need to get over it."

It's a car forum man. Go to "X" or something if you are having a bad day.

I'm going to pretend your comment was not laden with whatever ill-will you hold towards a stranger on the internet who is (I think) very calmly and respectfully raising an issue he has about the car which is the subject matter of this forum, and answer your question as if posed like "Hi fellow Lucid owner! Perhaps you shouldn't be bothered. Even though people buy cars in Europe all the time and can get permits and other licensure to allow them to be driven in the United States, that is not likely to happen in this case, so, even though the "limited" part of "limited" edition you thought you were getting is global, for all intents and purposes you still do have a "limited edition."

That may be correct. I don't know whether people will ever be able to get the Midnight over here. I DO know from Lucid's own statements at the beginning of the roll out of the ACTUAL limited edition Dream Editions, that the 520 manufactured were sold and delivered world-wide, not just in the US:

so.... your thoughtful and respectful comment is duly noted, but my opinion remains the same. I don't own "1 of 520 cars in the US" (or 516, thanks @hydbob !!!). I thought I had a limited edition of 520. In the world. I signed up and paid for a limited edition of 520. In the world.

I won't go back and repeat my analogies, you can scroll up after you drink your morning coffee, or tweet about politics, or whatever is needed.

But while I was not intending to post on this thread again, since your gracious and respectful post brought me back, I WILL take advantage of trying again!

Hi @Lucid ! How 'bout making it up with the Midnight or the Stealth application to my now not-so limited DE?!?!?

The irony in your statement quoting me, only to have the visible part of my statement being where I say: "I appreciate your response. It's nice on this cesspool we call the interwebs to have a genuine and mature disagreement that is respectful! So thank you!"

I'm going to pretend your comment was not laden with whatever ill-will you hold towards a stranger on the internet who is (I think) very calmly and respectfully raising an issue he has about the car which is the subject matter of this forum, and answer your question as if posed like "Hi fellow Lucid owner! Perhaps you shouldn't be bothered. Even though people buy cars in Europe all the time and can get permits and other licensure to allow them to be driven in the United States, that is not likely to happen in this case, so, even though the "limited" part of "limited" edition you thought you were getting is global, for all intents and purposes you still do have a "limited edition."

That may be correct. I don't know whether people will ever be able to get the Midnight over here. I DO know from Lucid's own statements at the beginning of the roll out of the ACTUAL limited edition Dream Editions, that the 520 manufactured were sold and delivered world-wide, not just in the US:

so.... your thoughtful and respectful comment is duly noted, but my opinion remains the same. I don't own "1 of 520 cars in the US" (or 516, thanks @hydbob !!!). I thought I had a limited edition of 520. In the world. I signed up and paid for a limited edition of 520. In the world.

I won't go back and repeat my analogies, you can scroll up after you drink your morning coffee, or tweet about politics, or whatever is needed.

But while I was not intending to post on this thread again, since your gracious and respectful post brought me back, I WILL take advantage of trying again!

Hi @Lucid ! How 'bout making it up with the Midnight or the Stealth application to my now not-so limited DE?!?!?
I just wanted to note, that lucid account is an actual person, not an employee or anything.
Rumors are that stealth parts will be made available separately, but this may come later. I certainly do understand where you are coming from.

Speaking of which, when were the European dreams announced? I want to see if there was prior knowledge..

I just wanted to note, that lucid account is an actual person, not an employee or anything.
Rumors are that stealth parts will be made available separately, but this may come later. I certainly do understand where you are coming from.

Speaking of which, when were the European dreams announced? I want to see if there was prior knowledge..

Ahh! Thank you @xponents and sorry @Lucid - rookie mistake. Is there an account that is owned by any Lucid emplyee or am I begging into the wind?

As for your question, @xponents, are you asking about the Dreams I mentioned in my prior post? Or the Midnights? I assume the ones to which I spoke---

The OFFICIAL press release was December 21, 2022, but I had seen, and heard on investor calls, it discussed well in advance of that. I just don't have anything where it was published I can find easily. I'm sure if someone were to walk through ther SEC reports/financials, it's spelled out in detail when the decision was made, etc.

Two things of note in the 12/21/22 press release which demonstrate that Lucid knew and planned Europe deliveries of the OG and real limited edition DEs to Europe:

• Lucid Air arrives in Europe with first deliveries to customers in Germany and the Netherlands.

• The limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition receives official Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) driving range of 883 km.1 This makes the Lucid Air the longest-range electric vehicle in the European market
Neither of these things could happen- especially the WLTP- without WAY advanced knowledge and intent. On 12/21/22 Lucid announced that they had already received the WHLT (btw, the irony just keeps on going... note how they call it the "limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition" even in the press release about Europe!!!!!).

I don't know much about the exact process, but if you just walk through the steps backwards, keeping in mind how governments are known for their speed and efficiency (...), it means at some point prior to 12/21/22 Lucid actually received the WLTP (as Lucid could not have made the "first deliveries in Europe" revealed in Point 1 until AFTER the WLTP was received); sometime prior to THAT Lucid had to have been through the testing process; at some point prior to THAT, Lucid had to apply for the permitting, etc., in order to get the permitting, at some point prior to THAT Lucid had to decide to apply for the... etc etc etc...

Based on some other car sites and reading of C&D and MT, I hazard a guess of at least a year, if not longer, prior to the receipt of the WLTP, a decision was made to put Dreams into the Euro market. Ehem. To quote Lucid itself "The limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition" that is... (see, Lucid Press Release, 12/21/22).

This hasn't come up previously, but it's not even like anyone is pretending the 520 Des are for the US only, either. Back on October 15, 2021 they were announcing Canadian pricing and opening of the stuido in Vancouver.

Long winded (once again) way of saying- Lucid knew. When Lucid announced 520, they knew "the limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition" was going global.

We bought them.

Now they're making more.

Ahh! Thank you @xponents and sorry @Lucid - rookie mistake. Is there an account that is owned by any Lucid emplyee or am I begging into the wind?

As for your question, @xponents, are you asking about the Dreams I mentioned in my prior post? Or the Midnights? I assume the ones to which I spoke---

The OFFICIAL press release was December 21, 2022, but I had seen, and heard on investor calls, it discussed well in advance of that. I just don't have anything where it was published I can find easily. I'm sure if someone were to walk through ther SEC reports/financials, it's spelled out in detail when the decision was made, etc.

Two things of note in the 12/21/22 press release which demonstrate that Lucid knew and planned Europe deliveries of the OG and real limited edition DEs to Europe:

• Lucid Air arrives in Europe with first deliveries to customers in Germany and the Netherlands.

• The limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition receives official Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) driving range of 883 km.1 This makes the Lucid Air the longest-range electric vehicle in the European market
Neither of these things could happen- especially the WLTP- without WAY advanced knowledge and intent. On 12/21/22 Lucid announced that they had already received the WHLT (btw, the irony just keeps on going... note how they call it the "limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition" even in the press release about Europe!!!!!).

I don't know much about the exact process, but if you just walk through the steps backwards, keeping in mind how governments are known for their speed and efficiency (...), it means at some point prior to 12/21/22 Lucid actually received the WLTP (as Lucid could not have made the "first deliveries in Europe" revealed in Point 1 until AFTER the WLTP was received); sometime prior to THAT Lucid had to have been through the testing process; at some point prior to THAT, Lucid had to apply for the permitting, etc., in order to get the permitting, at some point prior to THAT Lucid had to decide to apply for the... etc etc etc...

Based on some other car sites and reading of C&D and MT, I hazard a guess of at least a year, if not longer, prior to the receipt of the WLTP, a decision was made to put Dreams into the Euro market. Ehem. To quote Lucid itself "The limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition" that is... (see, Lucid Press Release, 12/21/22).

This hasn't come up previously, but it's not even like anyone is pretending the 520 Des are for the US only, either. Back on October 15, 2021 they were announcing Canadian pricing and opening of the stuido in Vancouver.

Long winded (once again) way of saying- Lucid knew. When Lucid announced 520, they knew "the limited-run Lucid Air Dream Edition" was going global.

We bought them.

Now they're making more.
You've made your point.

You've made your point.
Thank you. I know you are a moderator, but I was not just making a point over and over. I was responding to criticism of my point, showing other information in suppot of that, was never argumentative or rude, and then I was asked a question about it.
If you don't like my point, I can understand. But I don't think your "You made your point." post was necessary in that manner. My apologies if I violated a forum rule, but I don't see any that justify your post. I do see some stuff about being civil.

Thank you. I know you are a moderator, but I was not just making a point over and over. I was responding to criticism of my point, showing other information in suppot of that, was never argumentative or rude, and then I was asked a question about it.
If you don't like my point, I can understand. But I don't think your "You made your point." post was necessary in that manner. My apologies if I violated a forum rule, but I don't see any that justify your post. I do see some stuff about being civil.
There are Lucid employees who monitor the forum, and your thoughts will probably be read and heard at some point.

Your last few posts did not provide any significant new information; that's fine, but I think it's true that you made your point. Nobody here has anything to do for you; there are a few Lucid members following this forum, and they will likely see this, but are certainly not compelled to act on it unless they think it's worthwhile.

So, yeah, you've made your point. That's not intended as an attack; just that it is unnecessary to beat that particular topic any longer. :)

I guess the Dream Edition limited production numbers are not reflected in current secondary market values… Exclusivity notwithstanding.

I wanted Dream Edition Eureka Gold. I didn’t quite made the 520 list. I was told I am standby but on GT list. But I was happy and agreed to take the first batch of GT out of factory on March 2022. 819 HP is enough. I don’t think I’ll miss 1,111 HP.

I wanted Dream Edition Eureka Gold. I didn’t quite made the 520 list. I was told I am standby but on GT list. But I was happy and agreed to take the first batch of GT out of factory on March 2022. 819 HP is enough. I don’t think I’ll miss 1,111 HP.
You do 😈

Having driven a GT loaner, you really do.

I guess the Dream Edition limited production numbers are not reflected in current secondary market values… Exclusivity notwithstanding.

I think carsandbids is just the wrong place to sell it; it's consistently gotten lower prices there and on BAT than selling locally.

I think carsandbids is just the wrong place to sell it; it's consistently gotten lower prices there and on BAT than selling locally.

I think it would get better price if it is coveted limited Eureka Gold.

Having driven a GT loaner, you really do.
Totally agree. I just returned GT loaner to a Plainview service center (frunk latch replacement).
Having my GT-P back I can attest that the difference is noticeable.

True collectors do not attribute value in dollar amounts; only amateurs do. But I thought this topic was closed...

Back