Dash cam

The Blackvue battery connects to their app for charge status and has circuits to not run the 12V car battery down.

I am sure that there are other options available but using this configuration is easy.
Important features. Worth the price.
Do you have this set up sort of semi-permanently while waiting for Lucid to activate dashcam? Any handy pics?

Important features. Worth the price.
Do you have this set up sort of semi-permanently while waiting for Lucid to activate dashcam? Any handy pics?
In my Navigator and wife's SL. I have been waiting to see if Lucid plans to implement recording like the EQS.

I will take some pictures.

The Blackvue battery connects to their app for charge status and has circuits to not run the 12V car battery down.

I am sure that there are other options available but using this configuration is easy.
Thank you for the recommendation! I went to the BlackVue website - looks ideal, placed my order.

Is anybody aware of this fuse box location?
It takes torx 8, or 10 don't remember.

Attachments

• 20221218_130900.jpg
    20221218_130900.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 246
  • 20221218_130132.jpg
    20221218_130132.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 244
  • 20221218_130826.jpg
    20221218_130826.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 258
Please make a video of it going back on. I don't recommend anyone take it off if you don't have a hour or two to re-seat it.

I think Lucid calls this the frunk front cover. borski please don't make up names for things: it confuses people. ; )
Hey, when I named this, it had no public name :)

Also: you can pop it back in but it’s finicky. Mine was already a bit popped at delivery (the tabs didn’t quite fit) so I had service replace the cover under warranty and since then it’s been fine.

Yea, gotta do what we gotta do until Lucid can give us an actually Sentry mode
Please document this so I can do the same if it works well!

I've been asking Lucid for a sentry mode and dash cam since it's announcement lol
Still anxiously waiting

I also highly recommend blackvue with their external battery pack. It’s wired in a way where the battery will only charge when the car is on. Also there are settings to make sure it’ll cut off if the car’s battery is under a certain level.

Where is this? Hard to tell. A footwell?
Andy, my technician made me aware of this easy access, so no running extended cable from the 12v trunk is necessary.
Bit too cold in PA to tinker with it now.

Attachments

• 20221218_131304.jpg
    20221218_131304.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 270
Could someone please share their dashcam setup with pictures? I am trying to figure how to to install it... Thanks!

Ring is now offering a dash car cam (available for preorder). As far as I can tell it only works through an ODB II port. However, in the section where "Can you use Car Cam with your vehicle?," it shows the following:

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 11.18.13 AM.png

However, as far as I know the Lucid Air GT that I have does not have an ODC II port.

Please document this so I can do the same if it works well!

I've been asking Lucid for a sentry mode and dash cam since it's announcement lol
Still anxiously waiting
Did you end up installing a dash cam? I'm still debating whether to go through the hassle or just wait forever for Lucid to allow recording.

Did you end up installing a dash cam? I'm still debating whether to go through the hassle or just wait forever for Lucid to allow recording.
I didn't, I'm too chicken to take out or remove anything from the Lucid for the installation to get a clean install lol

I bought the VIOFO A229 dual channel dash cam with the hardwire kit for parking mode. Has anyone done this before? I am trying to figure out which fuse I can use for the red and yellow wire. Is it safe to do it? will I damage the car by messing with the fuse box?

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

I ended up installing 70mai m500 for both front and rear, it doesn't have a screen and doesn't get in the way of the rear shade. But I didn't install the hardwire kit.

Cool, just ordered one and all the necessary stuff to run it it to the trunk.
On my 2016 Model S which didn’t include sentry mode I ran the BlackVue 2 channel 4k cameras I loved them recorded so much all the time.

Back