Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Has anyone put one in or are we all waiting for Lucid to implement this feature?

This is a missing feature from Tesla that I hope Lucid will add at some point. I've driven a Tesla for the last 8 years and I rarely thought about this feature, but it has been handy when I needed it. A driver ran a red light and hit our Tesla one time and said we were the ones who ran the red light. Their insurance company changed tunes when I showed them the dash cam video from the Tesla. Saved a great deal of arguing.

Also, the Air is a real head turner and at a minimum it would be nice to have a sentry mode-like feature for when people gawk at the car. Most people are curious and just want to see something new, but there was a time where people were keying new Teslas. That was in the early days of EVs and I think that phase of adoption has passed, but it would still be nice to have the sentry mode just for peace of mind.

Do we know if Lucid had any intention of adding it?

I plan to use a pair of low profile dash cams until Lucid activates the dash cam feature on the car. The main challenge is wiring them without removing a bunch of body panels.

I plan to use a pair of low profile dash cams until Lucid activates the dash cam feature on the car. The main challenge is wiring them without removing a bunch of body panels.
Which ones if I may ask?

Also I was told they are working on it, but have given no inkling of when it will be coming so...yea. I've had my car for almost 5 months now and I'd like to have one installed sooner rather than later. It would be very easy to run the wire to the back so now I'm thinking about it again.

Which ones if I may ask?

Also I was told they are working on it, but have given no inkling of when it will be coming so...yea. I've had my car for almost 5 months now and I'd like to have one installed sooner rather than later. It would be very easy to run the wire to the back so now I'm thinking about it again.
I picked up two of the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0931YZ82P/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_M267QT3D9B67K3WJEHBK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Very small, no screen, easy to keep out of sight so it doesn’t ruin visibility. The attachment point also pivots nicely.

Got this reply back regarding the power port

Thank you for reaching out. My name is Breno with the Customer Care team.

Once the vehicle is in sleep mode or locked the rear power port will not be operational this will prevent the 12V battery from draining.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you trying to accomplish by using the 12V battery port while the vehicle is in sleep mode.

Got this reply back regarding the power port

Thank you for reaching out. My name is Breno with the Customer Care team.

Once the vehicle is in sleep mode or locked the rear power port will not be operational this will prevent the 12V battery from draining.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you trying to accomplish by using the 12V battery port while the vehicle is in sleep mode.

I can confirm this - that port is meant for accessory use, and it’s what my radar system uses as well. It turns off about 5-10 minutes after the car is asleep (basically, in deep sleep).

Gonna hook up to this first to test the cam and then swap it to a battery if I like the setup.

Why swap it to a battery?
Parking mode. The cam that @copper suggested has a parking mode that triggers off motion and/or jarring. Needs to have access to power all the time. Hook it into the fuse box, will tackle that bridge when I get to it

Parking mode. The cam that @copper suggested has a parking mode that triggers off motion and/or jarring. Needs to have access to power all the time. Hook it into the fuse box, will tackle that bridge when I get to it

Ah, I see. Basically a poor man’s sentry mode. Neat!

Ah, I see. Basically a poor man’s sentry mode. Neat!
Yea, gotta do what we gotta do until Lucid can give us an actually Sentry mode

To run the extra cable, I have an inquiry out to customer care right now if the port is powered when the car is in sleep mode, if not I'll get the battery accessory kit
@hydbob I think the Garmin dashcam is meant for installation behind the rearview mirror? If that's true, how do you plan on running the USB cable (for power) and do so in a clean way? I must be missing something.

@hydbob I think the Garmin dashcam is meant for installation behind the rearview mirror? If that's true, how do you plan on running the USB cable (for power) and do so in a clean way? I must be missing something.
I'll take some pics after I put it in, maybe Wed after my car comes back from service.

But there is a small gap between the middle upper trim and the glass that the cable can fit in. So I'll run it around behind the passenger along that gap and then down the passenger side window and then behind the rubber trim.

I'll take some pics after I put it in, maybe Wed after my car comes back from service.

But there is a small gap between the middle upper trim and the glass that the cable can fit in. So I'll run it around behind the passenger along that gap and then down the passenger side window and then behind the rubber trim.
Can't wait to see those pics and you do make it sound very simple. Btw, why is your car in service?

Can't wait to see those pics and you do make it sound very simple. Btw, why is your car in service?
One of the side bolsters on the driver seat was making this weird popping sound. Best guess is that one of the gears controlling the in/out motion is getting stuck. They are replacing the entire seat and will tear the seat apart after to figure out what's wrong with it. According to the service team, this is the first one they've seen so they are keen to tear it down which is why they are opting to replace the whole seat.

Back