Dash cam

I did not

Have you tried hooking up Garmin dashcams using Garmin’s obdii adapter? This allows for parking mode. Not sure where it’s located in the Air but I assume it’s the same place where it would be in all cars? Also has 2 usb outputs to allow for both camera installations. My other suggestion is the blackvue dashcam with external battery and hook it up using the cig adapter for parking mode.

I wonder how long a battery pack would last running a dashcam? Anyone have a rough estimate?

I wonder how long a battery pack would last running a dashcam? Anyone have a rough estimate?
On a normal ICE car it can last up to 12 hours of recording or battery level setting of 11.4 or 12.9 (I think those are the numbers) whichever comes first. There is a setting to for parking mode for the amount of hours as well.

@hydbob thanks for sharing the pics. do you have a link to the USB extension cable you bought? I ended up purchasing this dual channel camera.

Have you tried hooking up Garmin dashcams using Garmin’s obdii adapter? This allows for parking mode. Not sure where it’s located in the Air but I assume it’s the same place where it would be in all cars? Also has 2 usb outputs to allow for both camera installations. My other suggestion is the blackvue dashcam with external battery and hook it up using the cig adapter for parking mode.
I have used the BlackVue external battery and it works well.

Too bad Lucid does not just enable a dashcam feature with the included cameras to save all that extra work to get a dashcam in the vehicle.
Absolutely! Tesla, Mercedes and GM do it. Maybe once the software group gets caught up, they can add it to their list.

Absolutely! Tesla, Mercedes and GM do it. Maybe once the software group gets caught up, they can add it to their list.
How much storage is available in the car for video, I wonder? Failing that they’d have to activate a USB port for data…

How much storage is available in the car for video, I wonder? Failing that they’d have to activate a USB port for data…
Both GM and Mercedes let you use a storage device.

Can't wait to see those pics and you do make it sound very simple. Btw, why is your car in service?
I have the same concern about no “sentry mode” availability, and have been looking at dash cams, Did you complete this installation? Do you have photos? How did you solve the power issue for parking mode? Would greatly appreciate hearing how it turned out!

I have the same concern about no “sentry mode” availability, and have been looking at dash cams, Did you complete this installation? Do you have photos? How did you solve the power issue for parking mode? Would greatly appreciate hearing how it turned out!
I have used Blackvue cameras and their Li Ion backup battery.

I was online last night looking at portable batteries. If I go that way, I want to make certain that it is a battery that I can simultaneously have charging from the rear 12-v outlet, while concurrently powering the cameras. The Jackery 300 seemed to fit that bill, and would also be valuable for hurricanes (at least until the Lucid bidirectional feed to our home is available). Any experience or recommendations from others would be greatly appreciated.

I have discovered there is another fuse box in the hood! Under the “engine cover” -
Did you ever get the frunk front cover back on? After about an hour of fussing I gave up with one corner stil not seated. I watched my mobile service tech try to put it back on too ... no bueno. Someone make a yin's-tube video of how to do it.

No but it’s easy to pop off. I’ll do it at some point and get a pic
Please make a video of it going back on. I don't recommend anyone take it off if you don't have a hour or two to re-seat it.

I have discovered there is another fuse box in the hood! Under the “engine cover” -

I think Lucid calls this the frunk front cover. borski please don't make up names for things: it confuses people. ; )

Last edited:
Could you use generic portable batteries for cell phones such as Anker, etc?
The Blackvue battery connects to their app for charge status and has circuits to not run the 12V car battery down.

I am sure that there are other options available but using this configuration is easy.

Back