Dash cam

I ended up installing 70mai m500 for both front and rear, it doesn't have a screen and doesn't get in the way of the rear shade. But I didn't install the hardwire kit.
could you share some pictures of your install? I am trying to figure out how to hide all these wires inside the trim...

could you share some pictures of your install? I am trying to figure out how to hide all these wires inside the trim...
For most part I followed @hydbob 's wiring routs. I can take some pictures this week when the light is a bit better.

5A441299-9444-46F7-A549-1B27ACF0DC7A.jpeg

Attachments

• BB5D760B-E720-47CE-A123-DBD16638BD74.jpeg
    BB5D760B-E720-47CE-A123-DBD16638BD74.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 206
  • FFE0149B-C49D-40BE-AE11-1A6CB5B732BF.jpeg
    FFE0149B-C49D-40BE-AE11-1A6CB5B732BF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 212
  • EC7E3FDC-64E6-4238-A168-81C97E8A01B7.jpeg
    EC7E3FDC-64E6-4238-A168-81C97E8A01B7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 211
I bought the VIOFO A229 dual channel dash cam with the hardwire kit for parking mode. Has anyone done this before? I am trying to figure out which fuse I can use for the red and yellow wire. Is it safe to do it? will I damage the car by messing with the fuse box?

View attachment 8857

View attachment 8858
With ICE cars, it is not that difficult. There are plenty of videos on Youtube showing how to wire dashcam to use the same fuse as the accessories port the car. If Lucid would provide the fusebox detail, I am sure hardwiring dashcam to the accessories fuse could be done as well.

With ICE cars, it is not that difficult. There are plenty of videos on Youtube showing how to wire dashcam to use the same fuse as the accessories port the car. If Lucid would provide the fusebox detail, I am sure hardwiring dashcam to the accessories fuse could be done as well.
I’m hoping that Lucid would just issue an OTA update that enables something like the sentry mode. That’s why I didn’t go with something like blackvue with a better cloud solution.

Fuse box diagram is in the owners manual.

Based on very recent experience the introduction of some kind of onboard dashcam should become a higher priority.

Here I am a few days ago, playing Wicked Witch of The West, when a house literally fell on me. The whole incident was recorded clearly and graphically by the Tesla Dashcam system. Unfortunately for me, by the time I’d recovered from my initial shock, and stepped out of our Model X uninjured, someone had already made off with my ruby red high heels.

The videos are from the front, left side and rear cameras respectively. Following those are a few pictures of the event.

Attachments

• 9356DA65-CD7A-4608-9EB2-2397C74A1167.MOV
    16.9 MB
  • IMG_1491.MOV
    14.6 MB
  • IMG_1488.MOV
    15.6 MB
  • 56CF5BD4-5D78-4288-BABD-44BF0629B10F.jpeg
    56CF5BD4-5D78-4288-BABD-44BF0629B10F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 157
  • 1E2F0FEF-7CC0-4C06-BA0B-10C57292337C.jpeg
    1E2F0FEF-7CC0-4C06-BA0B-10C57292337C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 159
  • F67FA494-4C6C-43F4-A325-C9C7FF429E95.jpeg
    F67FA494-4C6C-43F4-A325-C9C7FF429E95.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 158
Now that we know the USB ports in the front can do data, I have no doubt dash cam recording will come eventually.

I'm curious why only 1 port is data-enabled.
There must be good reasons for Lucid to do this.

I'm curious why only 1 port is data-enabled.
There must be good reasons for Lucid to do this.
Both front ones are data enabled. The USB-C and A in the center console. It’s the ones in the back that aren’t. Probably because they are not reachable from the driver. Truly meant for passenger charging only.

Based on very recent experience the introduction of some kind of onboard dashcam should become a higher priority.

Here I am a few days ago, playing Wicked Witch of The West, when a house literally fell on me. The whole incident was recorded clearly and graphically by the Tesla Dashcam system. Unfortunately for me, by the time I’d recovered from my initial shock, and stepped out of our Model X uninjured, someone had already made off with my ruby red high heels.

The videos are from the front, left side and rear cameras respectively. Following those are a few pictures of the event.
What the....eff...glad you are okay 👍

What the....eff...glad you are okay 👍

Thank you, @hydbob. After recovering from my initial astonishment and shock, I managed to crawl out completely unscathed - from the passenger side door.

Another thing I want to mention in regards to bumping Lucid’s dashcam up closer to the top of their priority list - my insurance company had initially wanted to take verbal statememt from me over the phone. Instead, when I sent in the dashcam videos I showed here, within 2 hours of my submission, the OTHER party was declared 100% AT FAULT.

Thank you, @hydbob. After recovering from my initial astonishment and shock, I managed to crawl out completely unscathed - from the passenger side door.

Another thing I want to mention in regards to bumping Lucid’s dashcam up closer to the top of their priority list - my insurance company had initially wanted to take verbal statememt from me over the phone. Instead, when I sent in the dashcam videos I showed here, within 2 hours of my submission, the OTHER party was declared 100% AT FAULT.
100% Agree ..

There's NO excuse for car companies to NOT enable camera recording/review functionality (for those cars that have cameras).

Say what you will about Tesla, but their charging infrastructure and camera [security/record/review] systems are unparalleled.

Glad to hear that u r ok.

Everyone should just take the 2 hours to run your own dashcam until it's enabled. It's super easy to do and will be worth it if anything happens.

I have been putting BlackVue dashcams in my cars for a long time. They have a lot of nice features like sending an alert if someone hits the car in a parking lot. My wife's EQS records the front camera so I didn't put one in it but still may. I am hoping that Lucid will offer a dashcam option for both front and rear cameras and parking lot "bumps".

Back