Dash cam

I have the same DR590x-2CH. If I run the power cord along the A pillar and down a long the side of the car to the trunk, the power cord is about 6 inches short. How did you run the power cord and rear camera cable?
I ran the power cord and the rear camera cord along the middle bar on the roof.

You don't see the smaller rear camera cord at all and you only see the bigger power cord for a few inches. That's because there isn't room to tuck both cords along that strip of plastic molding. Once you get to the fabric upholstery part, you can tuck both in nicely.

So from the middle, I continue right above the back of the passenger head, then under the top of the B pillar, then along the top of the rear passenger roof, down the C pillar. You see a little bit of the cord here at the bottom of the C pillar as it goes into the trunk.

If you find a way to hide that part of the C pillar to the trunk, let me know.

I ran the power cord and the rear camera cord along the middle bar on the roof.

You don't see the smaller rear camera cord at all and you only see the bigger power cord for a few inches. That's because there isn't room to tuck both cords along that strip of plastic molding. Once you get to the fabric upholstery part, you can tuck both in nicely.

So from the middle, I continue right above the back of the passenger head, then under the top of the B pillar, then along the top of the rear passenger roof, down the C pillar. You see a little bit of the cord here at the bottom of the C pillar as it goes into the trunk.

If you find a way to hide that part of the C pillar to the trunk, let me know.
If you run it along the floor you can hide it completely

That post was forever ago, and I've been running with my dashcam for over a year, jo regrets!
lol
I'm still waiting 💤

Good thing rewards to people can wait. I just received surround dash cams OTA update on Rivian. I’m sure Lucid will have it too along with motion sensor video. You just have to buy a SSD drive plug into data port for recording. Lucid now activated that data port for music playing.

Tesla, Rivian and Lucid are a lot more software oriented EV than most legacy auto brands now with constant OTA updates.

Thank you. I was completely unhurt but very startled as you might imagine.

The car is driveable, and several days after the house falling on it, no mechanical problems have surfaced. There is some bent metal on the bonnet, left front fender and left A pillar. Several deep scratches at various spots along the left side. No word yet on whether the car will be repaired or totalled. Will probably find out early next week.
Bummer. Glad you’re OK! You weren’t transporting a wicked witch where are you?

Good thing rewards to people can wait. I just received surround dash cams OTA update on Rivian. I’m sure Lucid will have it too along with motion sensor video. You just have to buy a SSD drive plug into data port for recording. Lucid now activated that data port for music playing.

Tesla, Rivian and Lucid are a lot more software oriented EV than most legacy auto brands now with constant OTA updates.

The EQS has a dash-cam option for $200. It's free with the C8 Corvette. But both only use the front camera.

I had a professional installer mount a Garmin 57 and a Thinkware battery extender today for when it's parked. Installer spliced the wire underneath the plug so I can still use the 12 volt power for something else. Nice and neat. Barely any wire showing near the camera.
Installer is in Los Angeles.
Here are the pics. I'll report back if I have any issues.
PXL_20230622_214721570.jpg
PXL_20230622_214715257.jpg
PXL_20230622_214819921.jpg

I had a professional installer mount a Garmin 57 and a Thinkware battery extender today for when it's parked. Installer spliced the wire underneath the plug so I can still use the 12 volt power for something else. Nice and neat. Barely any wire showing near the camera.
Installer is in Los Angeles.
Here are the pics. I'll report back if I have any issues. View attachment 13098View attachment 13099View attachment 13100
While I am glad you installed a camera for your safety this is still something we should not have to do. It makes zero sense having so many good cameras on the vehicle that Lucid cant give us simple camera recording on the vehicle itself.

While I am glad you installed a camera for your safety this is still something we should not have to do. It makes zero sense having so many good cameras on the vehicle that Lucid cant give us simple camera recording on the vehicle itself.
Very true, but for the time being we have to have something. In my case, I installed Cobra SC400 (so far, at night, best resolution ever).

So to close this loop, YES! the dashcam is powered on with remote climate on.
Great! So that's one way to turn on dash cam while parked.

On a side note, I'm getting a USB C to 12v female lighter converter so I wont have to run wires all the way to the back of the car.

Update: opening the app, which wakes up the car, turns on the center console USB which effectively turns on the dash cam. I dont know how long the car stays on this way

Back