Dash cam

With Rivian later OTA update to let driver put a USB drive inside arm rest to save all cameras footage as drive cam, I’m hoping and waiting for Lucid to provide similar solution down the road.

With Rivian later OTA update to let driver put a USB drive inside arm rest to save all cameras footage as drive cam, I’m hoping and waiting for Lucid to provide similar solution down the road.
Until then, a dash cam will do the job. To me, they are essential for anything from parking damage, police stops to road rage or hit a runs.

We had several incidents where those helped/could have helped. One of those scenarios was a hit/run on a brand new Mercedes in a Trader Joe’s parking lot, a day before the scheduled dash cam install :(

Any recommendations on dash cams that same and record for hours after parking? Rear and front? I'm also interested but wasn't sure if it was possible for it to record when the car is off.

Any recommendations on dash cams that same and record for hours after parking? Rear and front? I'm also interested but wasn't sure if it was possible for it to record when the car is off.
I had a Viofo A229 Pro Duo professionally installed in my Air Touring. I used the same installer who had worked on my Accord and my wife's Odyssey 6 years ago with a similar Viofo A129. Viofo probably is missing some bells and whistles compared to Thinkware and Blackvue but I've been pretty happy with them, their recording quality and customization. The new A229 has significantly clearer camera quality, which makes it much easier to pick up license plates even in low light scenarios. They also work in parked mode and you can customize how you want it to run (low bit rate, certain # of frames per second, etc) and for how long (I have it set for 3 hours, just in case I forget to turn it off when I park at home. I never park anywhere outside the house for more than 3 hours, but I'd probably change this if I were still using the park and ride).

I don't know if we're allowed to post amazon links, but the A229 pro duo is available for $210 at the moment on Amazon with coupon, which seems like the lowest price I'd ever seen. It goes on sale regularly but generally just for $280 or so (which is what I got it for), so I think this is a great deal. It's a "lightning deal" so it probably won't last long - usually the $70 coupon is only available when Amazon lists it at full price, so discount price + coupon is pretty great. Wish I got this deal lol.

I had a Viofo A229 Pro Duo professionally installed in my Air Touring. I used the same installer who had worked on my Accord and my wife's Odyssey 6 years ago with a similar Viofo A129. Viofo probably is missing some bells and whistles compared to Thinkware and Blackvue but I've been pretty happy with them, their recording quality and customization. The new A229 has significantly clearer camera quality, which makes it much easier to pick up license plates even in low light scenarios. They also work in parked mode and you can customize how you want it to run (low bit rate, certain # of frames per second, etc) and for how long (I have it set for 3 hours, just in case I forget to turn it off when I park at home. I never park anywhere outside the house for more than 3 hours, but I'd probably change this if I were still using the park and ride).

I don't know if we're allowed to post amazon links, but the A229 pro duo is available for $210 at the moment on Amazon with coupon, which seems like the lowest price I'd ever seen. It goes on sale regularly but generally just for $280 or so (which is what I got it for), so I think this is a great deal. It's a "lightning deal" so it probably won't last long - usually the $70 coupon is only available when Amazon lists it at full price, so discount price + coupon is pretty great. Wish I got this deal lol.
It's saying there's additional hardware requirements for park mode. Does it not do park mode out of the box? Also I have a radar mounted in my Air already. I wonder if I lack the space for an additlnal wiring setup of the cameras

It's saying there's additional hardware requirements for park mode. Does it not do park mode out of the box? Also I have a radar mounted in my Air already. I wonder if I lack the space for an additlnal wiring setup of the cameras
Following. I also have a radar detector and interested in figuring out how to do both.

Back