Dash cam

Got a pic of the rear fuse box...

20220411_095047.jpg

Also, the Air is a real head turner and at a minimum it would be nice to have a sentry mode-like feature for when people gawk at the car. Most people are curious and just want to see something new, but there was a time where people were keying new Teslas. That was in the early days of EVs and I think that phase of adoption has passed, but it would still be nice to have the sentry mode just for peace of mind.

Do we know if Lucid had any intention of adding it?
Looks like this is still a thing, a Lucid sentry-mode equivalent could be a valuable function:

Okay finished my install. Just waiting for service to get me a fuse diagram to wire for parking mode.

20220413_124232.jpg
20220413_123357.jpg
20220413_123401.jpg
20220413_123838.jpg
20220413_123909.jpg
20220413_123934.jpg
20220413_123938.jpg
20220413_123957.jpg
20220413_124003.jpg
20220413_124009.jpg

Whoa!... thanks for all those pictures. How long was that USB cable?

Whoa!... thanks for all those pictures. How long was that USB cable?
I think the original was 12 feet and the supplemental one I attached it to was 20, but you could get away with a 15, I just wanted to be safe in case I had to route it differently

I think the original was 12 feet and the supplemental one I attached it to was 20, but you could get away with a 15, I just wanted to be safe in case I had to route it differently
Another question - I hope that Garmin dashcam is not blocking any front-facing camera/sensor?

Another question - I hope that Garmin dashcam is not blocking any front-facing camera/senso
Nope I placed it entirely below the sensor suite

Just ordered usb extensions as well so I can install once the car arrives (only days away hopefully)

Thanks for the pics. You’re running to the 12v for now and then going to use the fuse once you hear from lucid, correct?

Edit: never mind, the trunk image just loaded finally.

Just ordered usb extensions as well so I can install once the car arrives (only days away hopefully)

Thanks for the pics. You’re running to the 12v for now and then going to use the fuse once you hear from lucid, correct?

Edit: never mind, the trunk image just loaded finally.
Yea...now figuring out where to put it on the rear...the shade gets in the way quite a bit....

Yea...now figuring out where to put it on the rear...the shade gets in the way quite a bit....
...I completely forgot that little tidbit.

Maybe mount it much further down close to the bottom? Would impede visibility, but also wouldn't foul the shade. Better than no camera and/or a busted shade motor.

...I completely forgot that little tidbit.

Maybe mount it much further down close to the bottom? Would impede visibility, but also wouldn't foul the shade. Better than no camera and/or a busted shade motor.
Maybe...was originally thinking the top left corner but we will see! Project #2 for later!

Got this reply back regarding the power port

Thank you for reaching out. My name is Breno with the Customer Care team.

Once the vehicle is in sleep mode or locked the rear power port will not be operational this will prevent the 12V battery from draining.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you trying to accomplish by using the 12V battery port while the vehicle is in sleep mode.

“Dear Breno with the customer care team: your cars are too sleepy. Please add a feature where we can CHOOSE whether our cars go into sleep mode, or after how long.”

Oh yea, paging @copper there is a space where the rear shade does not roll up but it's off to the far side. I have another cam on order and will install it when I get my car back. It should be a much easier run for the cable since it's in the rear, but we will see!

Oh yea, paging @copper there is a space where the rear shade does not roll up but it's off to the far side. I have another cam on order and will install it when I get my car back. It should be a much easier run for the cable since it's in the rear, but we will see!
Good to know. I’ve got two of them and I’ll try installing the rear one there this weekend.

@hydbob did you ever get the wiring diagram to set up parking mode?

Back