Cosmos Silver Thoughts?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
This is the first picture I have seen on cosmos silver. The silver is a little disappointing to me coming from a silver model S. I am curious what you all think about it. I had a lot of hopes for it and initial look is it’s more Greyisj bluish like my Honda odyssey it’s like lunar silver maybe shooting more for a moon grey than silver. Is it actually silver??

62174B5B-EEB1-41AA-B61A-C17D9C3DA7E8.jpeg

This is the first picture I have seen on cosmos silver. The silver is a little disappointing to me coming from a silver model S. I am curious what you all think about it. I had a lot of hopes for it and initial look is it’s more Greyisj bluish like my Honda odyssey it’s like lunar silver maybe shooting more for a moon grey than silver. Is it actually silver??

View attachment 5008
Quantum grey
88D4F7CC-2165-46E1-A305-0D79CF088CA7.jpeg

All the Lucid paint looks much better in person than in pictures.

As a prior Cosmos silver reservation holder, after seeing that initial photo, I too was disappointed by its hue and less that brilliant color. I really would like to see one in person though cause I don't think the picture is doing it justice.

What I had in my head:
View attachment 5009

While the majority of those are beautiful, they're also prototypes.

Look at the headlights and taillights and see how far into the sides of the car they extend. The headlights also have way more lenses.

The reason I say this is because it's likely the shade of paint you see on that prototype is not the same shade that the final car ended up going with.

The picture likely doesn’t do it justice. My understanding is that the color should basically match the cantrails and bow, so it’s all one seamless silver.

The picture likely doesn’t do it justice. My understanding is that the color should basically match the cantrails and bow, so it’s all one seamless silver.
This is the main reason silver was my first choice. I prefer the contrast to be a bit more subtle and understated. If I'm able to get the Stealth option on my order I'll go with the gray for the same reason.

View attachment 5008
Looks flat doesn’t pop like a good silver metallic.

Lighting makes a world of difference, in my opinion, for all of these Lucid colors.. Really need to see it in person, but somewhat difficult to do so at present.

Lighting makes a world of difference, in my opinion, for all of these Lucid colors.. Really need to see it in person, but somewhat difficult to do so at present.
I agree. I’ve seen so many pics of the red at this point, and no two are alike. We need a larger sample size before we can judge.

Also, no substitute for seeing it person.

If we see More silver can we post more pics it’s my car color and would love to learn more :)

I've seen the preproduction silver in person. None of the silver irl pictures I've seen in the forum captures the glittery silver I've seen in person. Unless Lucid made it flatter for production...

Here's the preproduction silver. They said the production will match the platinum top closer in color but Im not sure if it's the body paint going closer to that platinum trim or vice versa

Attachments

• 20220625_183633.jpg
    20220625_183633.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 258
  • 20220625_183701.jpg
    20220625_183701.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 258
  • 20220625_183745.jpg
    20220625_183745.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 232
  • 20220625_183750.jpg
    20220625_183750.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 277
Even the photos posted by members aren't all that great RE: what the paint looks like in person. The red is amazing...the white and black look as we'd expect, the gray is awesome in matte wrap (really nice)... but the silver is impossible to 'see' in every photo I've seen. The lighting is key for this...anything indoor or partly cloudy / shade tells me nothing. The best silver paint I ever saw was the silver bright paint on the 2002 R129 SL500 Sliver Arrow edition. Drop dead gorgeous.
and yet is doesn't look nearly as nice in this photo as it does in "real life".
1664375388974.png

Here's a better picture

View attachment 5037
Now this, I like. There's a bit of contrast between the roof and the main body, and it's not so subtle that it looks like a mistake. If they aren't going to match those 100%, better to distinguish between them a bit more.

Back