Clicking Noise when car about to move

dnpr8055

Hi all,

Just picked up the Touring today.

One thing I noticed is to hear a clicking noise when I press my foot on the accelerator pedal and the car is about to roll from a hard stop. I hear that on the forward gear and the backward gear.

The intensity of noise is not consistent all the time. And I don’t hear it when I press the pedal while the car is moving.

Does anyone have any insights on this?

Do you have Hold turned on? The brakes sometimes make a slight sound as they release to allow the car to move.

How do you turn off the “Hold”? i’ve grown accustomed to the thunk, I’d like to see if I miss it.
Gear icon -> vehicle -> drive settings -> roll

Keep in mind that when coming to a stop, regen brakes will not hold you in place. So at a signal light/stop sign/ stop and go traffic, you must apply the brake!

Gear icon -> vehicle -> drive settings -> roll

Keep in mind that when coming to a stop, regen brakes will not hold you in place. So at a signal light/stop sign/ stop and go traffic, you must apply the brake!
Gosh, I think i’ll keep the clunk, my left foot will get tired from all the braking! 😜

i encourage you to try HOLD, high regen, and one pedal driving. Awesome once you get used to it.
I love Hold & High Regen .. though I notice when the car slows to a stop, there is a jerky motion just before the complete stop; ie, it's not a smooth stop and brake. My former Model 3 and current Ioniq 5 both come to a smooth nearly perfect stop. Do you experience the jerky stop? I figure (and hope) it's a software fix we can look forward to in the future.

Last edited:
I love Hold & High Regen .. though I notice when the car slows to a stop, there is a jerky motion just before the complete stop; ie, it's not a smooth stop and brake. My former Model 3 and current Ioniq 5 both come to a smooth nearly perfect stop. Do you experience the jerky stop? I figure (and hope) it's a software fix we can look forward to in the future.
Our stop is smooth, no jerk.

My Air GT stops reasonably smoothly, but not as smooth as out Volvo EV or our prior Model 3 performance.

On the subject of the infamous “thunk” sound: I definitely hear the brake release. But it’s mid-range in pitch. Doesn’t bother me at all.

I’ve figured out the lower frequency quiet bass tone I hear sometimes when first getting going is actually the doors locking. The car plays a low-pitched bong when the auto-locks engage, I’ve noticed. Not sure if that’s what people are hearing as part of the “thunk” or not.

On the subject of the infamous “thunk” sound: I definitely hear the brake release. But it’s mid-range in pitch. Doesn’t bother me at all.

I’ve figured out the lower frequency quiet bass tone I hear sometimes when first getting going is actually the doors locking. The car plays a low-pitched bong when the auto-locks engage, I’ve noticed. Not sure if that’s what people are hearing as part of the “thunk” or not.
I love that bong

I'll revise my term "jerky" with "sudden". The Model 3 and Ionic 5, the stop is so smooth its nearly unnoticeable (if that makes any sense).

I'll be going to West Palm Beach service at some point and will check with them, maybe drive another car and see

Thanks /keith

Back