Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

I thought you guys might like to see this. A new EV hypercar direction from Porsche.

They always trickle their technologies down. Interestingly KG weight wise I'm hearing 1500KG. That's three quarters of a tonne less than the current champion.

Until next time.🙂
It is a FANTASTIC 918 spyder replacement. I think I have a new dream car. It looks much different than other porsches... in an amazing way.
Also, porsche did say that their future concepts would use new battery technology, maybe thats why the weight is so low?

Lucid.. please make a hypercar for the love of speed! We all know over 2000+ hp is easily possible for you!

It is a FANTASTIC 918 spyder replacement. I think I have a new dream car. It looks much different than other porsches... in an amazing way.
Also, porsche did say that their future concepts would use new battery technology, maybe thats why the weight is so low?

Lucid.. please make a hypercar for the love of speed! We all know over 2000+ hp is easily possible for you!
The Sapphire is essentially a hypercar already.

But it's just a sedan that goes fast. I want something that looks like a hyper-car.

You could say that, but imagine a lighter, 2 door hypercar with quad motors! The theoratic hp from that could be well over 2000, and also all wheel vectoring. In addition, aerodynamics wouldnt need to also look good, and since lucid has a red bull f1 aero engineer, it could have massive downforce.

Attachments

• koenigsegg-megacar.jpg
    koenigsegg-megacar.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 66
  • _DSC3503-2.jpg
    _DSC3503-2.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 69
Hyper car combined with a sedan. You likey? :)
You read my mind. The gemera is a work of art. 600 hp from a three cylinder, more power from electric motors, and legroom in the back is... actually really well sized!

Triple cylinder 600 hp, and it still has electric motors for 1800 total!

500hp regular gas
600hp on E85
1700hp combined on E85
1988KG kerb weight! That's with carbon fibre everything.

Also full power is only available for a certain amount of time and it's in some modes from memory front wheel drive too- I think.

Anyway it's nice but the Sapphire is individually and to most in my circle far superior.

But you like what you like right? Good on you.🙂

500hp regular gas
600hp on E85
1700hp combined on E85
1988KG kerb weight! That's with carbon fibre everything.

Also full power is only available for a certain amount of time and it's in some modes from memory front wheel drive too- I think.

Anyway it's nice but the Sapphire is individually and to most in my circle far superior.

But you like what you like right? Good on you.🙂
Hmm.. I will say though, that engine is a work of art.

As much as a few members here are calling the Sapphire "almost" a hypercar, sorry guys, the Sapphire it is NOT. Maybe in the sheer power delivered, but this is it.
Exterior wise it's just a sedan. Very beautiful sedan, but just a sedan, nothing hyper about it.
Very similar to the rest of the Lucid Air family.
Koenigsegg on the other hand, most beautiful car in production IMHO, holds so many innovations, patents and forward thinking that isn't matched by any other car makers (IMHO of course again).

Google is your friend here, as it is mine also (copy/paste thingie), but let me extrapolate just few:

- Carbon fiber chassis.
Carbon fiber tub chassis is built with an aluminum honeycomb core structure for increased crash protection. This chassis has 65,000 Nm per degree of torsional rigidity, more than any other vehicle in the world.

- Koenigsegg engines.
Koenigsegg manufactures its own engines. Their most powerful? A Koenigsegg V8 engine that’s lightweight and capable of over 1,300 hp.

- ‘Rocket’ catalytic converter.
This converter works in such a way that when the pre-cat creates too much back pressure at high rpm, the overpressure is dynamically bypassed directly to the main cat. The main cat is at full temperature meaning an efficient operation when the Rocket Cat is required.

- Dihedral synchro-helix doors.
Typically, the doors on sports cars are larger and need more space to open, and scissor doors open high, making it difficult to reach when seated. This is why Koenigsegg has created the dihedral synchro-helix doors which sweep outwards and upwards to open high enough to avoid curbs, as well as other vehicles to the sides.

- Triplex suspension system.
The third damper, hovering from side to side over the engine in the rear. This ‘Triplex’ third damper helps provide an anti-squat element to the suspension setup. Squat is what happens when taking off under hard acceleration. The rear squats down and the rear wheels want to rise. This damper acts against this to provide resistance and counteracting the anti-roll bar when driving straight.

- Z-shape anti-roll bar.
This Z-shaped anti-roll bar on the Agera RS only has one pivot point instead of two in order to reduce friction and increase accuracy and response. The central parts are steel and the outer parts are carbon fiber rods.

- 'Aircore' hollow carbon fiber wheels.
Lighter wheels means quicker acceleration, more agile changes in direction, and more efficient braking. Newly released three-spoke carbon fiber wheels have been house-made and designed for the Koenigsegg Regera.

- HydraCoup.
HydraCoup is basically a very advanced torque converter with lock-up functionality; the all-important linchpin that allows smooth and progressive power transfer from the combustion engine to the Regera’s single-speed driveline. HydraCoup will then gradually feed power from the internal combustion engine into the drivetrain until the HydraCoup locks up and the full power and torque of the ICE are applied.

- Koenigsegg direct drive transmission.
The patent-pending KDD replaces the combustion engine’s traditional transmission — the gearbox as you know it is removed from the car. In its place, the KDD provides direct drive to the rear axle from the combustion engine without the need for a multitude of gears or a variable transmission, all of which have inherently high energy losses. The three components of the KDD system are three engines, HydraCoup, and one Formula 1 grade, super-dense, super-compact battery pack.

- And few other I'm not gonna mention.

Sorry if I derailed the thread a bit, but we are all car enthusiasts here, so I'm hoping my rant will not bore you too much.
It's so, I apologize.

As much as a few members here are calling the Sapphire "almost" a hypercar, sorry guys, the Sapphire it is NOT. Maybe in the sheer power delivered, but this is it.
Exterior wise it's just a sedan. Very beautiful sedan, but just a sedan, nothing hyper about it.
Koenigsegg on the other hand, most beautiful car in production IMHO, holds so many innovations, patents and forward thinking that isn't matched by any other car makers (IMHO of course again).

Google is your friend here, as it is mine also (copy/paste thingie), but let me extrapolate just few:

- Carbon fiber chassis.
Carbon fiber tub chassis is built with an aluminum honeycomb core structure for increased crash protection. This chassis has 65,000 Nm per degree of torsional rigidity, more than any other vehicle in the world.

- Koenigsegg engines.
Koenigsegg manufactures its own engines. Their most powerful? A Koenigsegg V8 engine that’s lightweight and capable of over 1,300 hp.

This converter works in such a way that when the pre-cat creates too much back pressure at high rpm, the overpressure is dynamically bypassed directly to the main cat. The main cat is at full temperature meaning an efficient operation when the Rocket Cat is required.

Typically, the doors on sports cars are larger and need more space to open, and scissor doors open high, making it difficult to reach when seated. This is why Koenigsegg has created the dihedral synchro-helix doors which sweep outwards and upwards to open high enough to avoid curbs, as well as other vehicles to the sides.

The third damper, hovering from side to side over the engine in the rear. This ‘Triplex’ third damper helps provide an anti-squat element to the suspension setup. Squat is what happens when taking off under hard acceleration. The rear squats down and the rear wheels want to rise. This damper acts against this to provide resistance and counteracting the anti-roll bar when driving straight.

- Z-shape anti-roll bar.
This Z-shaped anti-roll bar on the Agera RS only has one pivot point instead of two in order to reduce friction and increase accuracy and response. The central parts are steel and the outer parts are carbon fiber rods.

Lighter wheels means quicker acceleration, more agile changes in direction, and more efficient braking. Newly released three-spoke carbon fiber wheels have been house-made and designed for the Koenigsegg Regera.

- HydraCoup.
HydraCoup is basically a very advanced torque converter with lock-up functionality; the all-important linchpin that allows smooth and progressive power transfer from the combustion engine to the Regera’s single-speed driveline. HydraCoup will then gradually feed power from the internal combustion engine into the drivetrain until the HydraCoup locks up and the full power and torque of the ICE are applied.

The patent-pending KDD replaces the combustion engine’s traditional transmission — the gearbox as you know it is removed from the car. In its place, the KDD provides direct drive to the rear axle from the combustion engine without the need for a multitude of gears or a variable transmission, all of which have inherently high energy losses. The three components of the KDD system are three engines, HydraCoup, and one Formula 1 grade, super-dense, super-compact battery pack.

Sorry if I derailed the thread a bit, but we are all car enthusiasts here, so I'm hoping my rant will not bore you too much.
It's so, I apologize.
Oh believe me, to car nerds debate is my favorite part.
Also, for specifically the regera, it has 1 gear on a GASOLINE car. Somehow, its acceleration is still good. Koenigsegg and rimac are my most admired companies in the world of super/hypercars.

- Carbon fiber chassis.

- Koenigsegg engines.

- Z-shape anti-roll bar.

- HydraCoup.

It's so, I apologize.

To some the Lucid Air Sapphire IS "near" a hypercar. And that's it. No list is changing that, and that's that.

To some the Lucid Air Sapphire IS "near" a hypercar. And that's it. No list is changing that, and that's that.
It would depend on its track capabilities. If it sets a low 7(preferably breaking into the 6s) on the ring, then it is definitely a hypercar.

I actually agree with you on this. Not about Koenigsegg. (Not my favorite hypercar.)

But Sapphire is a sedan. It may perform better than most hypercars, but a hypercar it is not. At least not to me.

A hypercar has to be bonkers. Not just in performance, but in appearance. It has to make a Lamborghini look like a minivan. That's the whole point. To have a car only a handful of people would even want, let alone be able to afford. It's as much about flamboyance as it is about speed. It's about being impractical on purpose.

The Sapphire is all about looking like a normal human driving a normal car, while being able to smoke the crap out of anything you see. It's understated, in a very good way. And it's as useful for carting the kids around town as it is for doing laps at Nürburgring.

I would never buy a hypercar, at any price. I'm too boring for that. I probably wouldn't buy a Sapphire, either, because I don't see myself going to the track. And the track is the only place a Sapphire would make sense over a GT-P.

(I would take a Lambo, though.)

I actually agree with you on this. Not about Koenigsegg. (Not my favorite hypercar.)

But Sapphire is a sedan. It may perform better than most hypercars, but a hypercar it is not. At least not to me.

A hypercar has to be bonkers. Not just in performance, but in appearance. It has to make a Lamborghini look like a minivan. That's the whole point. To have a car only a handful of people would even want, let alone be able to afford. It's as much about flamboyance as it is about speed. It's about being impractical on purpose.

The Sapphire is all about looking like a normal human driving a normal car, while being able to smoke the crap out of anything you see. It's understated, in a very good way. And it's as useful for carting the kids around town as it is for doing laps at Nürburgring.

I would never buy a hypercar, at any price. I'm too boring for that. I probably wouldn't buy a Sapphire, either, because I don't see myself going to the track. And the track is the only place a Sapphire would make sense over a GT-P.

Well yeah, I mean V12 naturally aspirated?🙂

Will that fit the image? :)

The electric Batmobile promises a top speed of 65 mph.

I know, it's Sunday, so everybody relax and enjoy 😁

Attachments

• Electric_Batmobile6.jpg
    Electric_Batmobile6.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 44

Dont forget, to date there has been no 4 door hypercar.
I am curious though, what is your favorite hypercar?

Back