Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

Not sure Gravity needs it. Torque Vectoring here is almost like gimmick.

Not to be 'that' guy, but this thread has really deviated from the original topic lol

Well yeah... but who cares! Now its just general track cars, and i'm loving the conversation.

Yeah it's irrelevant in the greater schemes. Trust me if I wanted to I could fill 50 pages of this thread with stuff! LOL!😂

Also if anyone has any "requests' for tests for certain cars please feel free to leave them here. Over the years I've got to know very many communities and I can always find something as long as it's not pre war Bugatti's!🙂

Also if anyone has any "requests' for tests for certain cars please feel free to leave them here. Over the years I've got to know very many communities and I can always find something as long as it's not pre war Bugatti's!🙂
Well, I would but im not really that sure that somebody would loan a 675lt to a teenager..

Verified figures independently tested by Magazines for cars? Car and Driver Magazine Autocar Motortrend AMuS. Magazine tests, surely you know?
Oh yeah, right. But wait cant you find most of those online? MT and CD are my trusted sources for info.

ssc-north-america-tuatara-hypercar-2021-full-options-list-1-638 (1).jpg

Another story for another day. But I will say getting something like above ever again is seemingly very highly unlikely.

Enjoy because that's a piece of US History irrespective of any opinions.

Ciao.🙂

The new Z06 is a beast for sure 😎 a bit stupid that they had the GT on all season 19" tires on an unprepared track.

That explains the lack lustre 3.5 seconds 0-60 time, but nonetheless it managed a 11.0 sec 1/4 at 127 mph! Meaning with a sticky tire and a prepped surface it’s nicely into the 10’s for sure.

View attachment 12297

Another story for another day. But I will say getting something like above ever again is seemingly very highly unlikely.

Enjoy because that's a piece of US History irrespective of any opinions.

Ciao.🙂
My buddy Larry Caplin has the first one of these off the line. He was able to get it up to 295 mph I believe on the space shuttle runway down in Florida but ran out of braking room. He said it had more to go and will definitely hit over 300mph. He also said that part of the underside aero ripped off at that speed and he ran over it but the car remained surprisingly stable. They were going to set up for another run after several weeks but the car rolled off the trailer and damaged a lot of the carbon fiber. It’s been a real challenge so far
He also has the older Shelby SSC that set the speed record at 240 mph as well as a host of other exotics

My buddy Larry Caplin has the first one of these off the line. He was able to get it up to 295 mph I believe on the space shuttle runway down in Florida but ran out of braking room. He said it had more to go and will definitely hit over 300mph. He also said that part of the underside aero ripped off at that speed and he ran over it but the car remained surprisingly stable. They were going to set up for another run after several weeks but the car rolled off the trailer and damaged a lot of the carbon fiber. It’s been a real challenge so far
He also has the older Shelby SSC that set the speed record at 240 mph as well as a host of other exotics

Man I could talk to you for hours on end about the adventures I've had with the SSC Tuatara and SSC North America too!

Thank You for telling me that. Jason Castriota has killed the game!

And finally I spoke very briefly to Eric Bach with regards the Lucid Air Sapphire production. He wasn't specific but it's Q3/Q4 from what I could glean. And that's really it until the next round up.🙂

I thought you guys might like to see this. A new EV hypercar direction from Porsche.

They always trickle their technologies down. Interestingly KG weight wise I'm hearing 1500KG. That's three quarters of a tonne less than the current champion.

Until next time.🙂

Back