Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

Haven't watched it yet, but why is the Lucid on 19s? Seems like a disadvantage...

Well, at least they mentioned all season tires on the Air vs Pilot Sport Cup tires on the Z06 being a huge disadvantage. And the sound of that flat plane V8!!

Moral of story: Tires and brakes matter!
Absolutely. And there is no perfect tire that will give you long range, smooth riding, great cornering, etc. It comes down to making a decision as to what is important to you and to what degree. I do mostly local driving and I have a garage with a 50 amp circuit. So to me, performance is more important than range.

Absolutely. And there is no perfect tire that will give you long range, smooth riding, great cornering, etc. It comes down to making a decision as to what is important to you and to what degree. I do mostly local driving and I have a garage with a 50 amp circuit. So to me, performance is more important than range.

I don’t do road tripping much, and I often like to go 100+ mph on open field view hwy; therefore 21” is more practical to me for braking than 516 miles range. Even at reduced 469 miles, it still outlast my bladders.

So finally watched it, it was an interesting comparison. Seeing the Air under braking was cool! Anyway look forwards to the Sapphire rematch!

D437C93A-3103-4195-A030-FBDB050BE4E6.jpeg

Fair fight? 😆

I think most of these comparisons are pretty silly and irrelevant. Here, they’re comparing a luxury 4-door sedan to a sports car optimized for road courses. Neither car is designed with drag racing as its primary purpose. I personally don’t have a dog in this fight, as I own an AGT and I’m on waiting lists at four Chevrolet dealers for a Z06 Corvette (probably getting one late in calendar year 2024). So, just buy one of each!

Kind of silly, at least put the lucid on 21 sport tires and use a GT-P

I think most of these comparisons are pretty silly and irrelevant. Here, they’re comparing a luxury 4-door sedan to a sports car optimized for road courses. Neither car is designed with drag racing as its primary purpose. I personally don’t have a dog in this fight, as I own an AGT and I’m on waiting lists at four Chevrolet dealers for a Z06 Corvette (probably getting one late in calendar year 2024). So, just buy one of each!
That's what I did and am on the list for an E-Ray. Totally different driving experiences and both fun to drive!

I bet if they raced that z06 with another exact z06 with non-R compound tires it would be almost 1sec difference. When I watch this video, the lucid lost the race almost entirely during the loop and 19" all season tires vs R-compound isn't fair especially when considering the lucid's weight. I'd love to see this race with the same tires on both cars and 21" with the lucid. I bet the lucid would be less than 1 sec behind, which is remarkable.

I'd love to get a z06 but wait lists are crazy!

Back