Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

The corvette zora will frankly be stupid. Engine from zr1 (twin turbo z06) and erays hybrid motor, expected over 1000 hp. That car will give lucid a run for its money.(expected under 2 second 0 60)
I find it interesting how none of these brands had cars before even close to hitting these ridiculous benchmarks.
Now all of the sudden you have the Hellcat, the Corvette, and many others becoming close competitors over exotics like Bugatti and Koenigsegg

Kind of wild because the more exotic companies were the ones really stressing about hitting records and having fastest specs, but now there's more household name brand companies hitting these records.

Kind of cool to see

It's like comparing Peter Luger Steakhouse to a Sizzler. Well, both of them will fulfill your stomach, but one of them is memorable.

I understand, to each his own. But, to me, the latest Vette is a plastic mess. It's almost vulgar in it's appearance. The Lucid is NOT.
I mean, I dont understand one thing. When you have a huracan, why buy the c8? What variant huracan is it?

I mean, I dont understand one thing. When you have a huracan, why buy the c8? What variant huracan is it?
I think you misunderstood.
It was/is never my intention to to buy C8, or the newer ones.
But, I'd purchase Corvette L72 in a jiffy. Most beautiful Vette ever made.

I think you misunderstood.
It was/is never my intention to to buy C8, or the newer ones.
But, I'd purchase Corvette L72 in a jiffy. Most beautiful Vette ever made.
Now you have good taste. Sexy, silver machine. I'd take one over a sl gullwing in a instant

Has ANYONE been "secretly" updated on the power or torque levels for the Lucid Air Sapphire yet? SURELY one of you guys knows the official figures, no?

I mean "1200hp plus" is nice but "1475hp" would be better! LOL!

Has ANYONE been "secretly" updated on the power or torque levels for the Lucid Air Sapphire yet? SURELY one of you guys knows the official figures, no?

I mean "1200hp plus" is nice but "1475hp" would be better! LOL!
Oh, by now its almost a known fact that 1200 hp is a dramatic understatement. Im GUESSING around 1400-1500 however torque figures are unknown.

The actual website says 1200 hp now, the plus was removed. So I think it's just 1200

IMG_20230417_125906_253.jpg

GMT 13.00

"1200hp+"*

Might be a typo perhaps they've missed the "+". But definitely interesting! But it won't affect my Hot Wheels order! LOL!🙂
I mean, you're probably right because it doesn't make sense for it to have such a low horsepower increment from the performance editions and be as fast as it is unless it's lost considerable weight.

But I lost an argument with a Plaid S Tesla owner who pointed that out to me and so I just told him it probably needs to be updated, or they missed it. But I would think the promo would be before the design page addition so it's surprising to see a typo like that.

The limiting factor is the batteries for power and tires for grip. Just having a second motor controlling traction in the rear could be enough without the need for a big HP bump. But we shall see, soon, hopefully.

I mean, you're probably right because it doesn't make sense for it to have such a low horsepower increment from the performance editions and be as fast as it is unless it's lost considerable weight.

But I lost an argument with a Plaid S Tesla owner who pointed that out to me and so I just told him it probably needs to be updated, or they missed it. But I would think the promo would be before the design page addition so it's surprising to see a typo like that.

Well the Tesla Plaid already got trashed by the Sapphire so he's still hurting!😂

Let them have there little win!

The limiting factor is the batteries for power and tires for grip. Just having a second motor controlling traction in the rear could be enough without the need for a big HP bump. But we shall see, soon, hopefully.

I can't speak for Lucid. But I know that the production hypercars have breached 500hp per corner. And Mr Erich Bach I remember openly stated "we will lose no horsepower war!".

But you're right how much power is needed? I've been saying it ever since I joined and prior in ICE places, much to their annoyance that this is no ordinary car.

But we await news!

Ever so slightly off topic, but not too, what the Sapphire did too the shorter geared 1500hp multi million dollar limited edition Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport sent absolute chills down my spine.

No fuss no drama no apparent troubles BANG she was gone! I believe she can hold them to the 1/2 mile too!

But it's what she's doing on the racetracks that will shock people! Am I biased? YES!

Who isn't by cutting edge technologies and sophistication? I'm so glad to be here and finally see them delivered later this year I believe! And watching all your adventures!🙂

I thought I would pass this on~ there's a French Motoring Magazine "Motorsport" conducted a test day like Car and Driver Magazine does one. Except they put the cars around a French racing circuit! Somehow, the Z06 lapped just 0.3 seconds behind a McLaren! Not just any McLaren but the Senna that's incredible!

The text and scans are in French, and I don't know the policy here is, but if anyone wants them I be happy to oblige and put them here!

I thought I would pass this on~ there's a French Motoring Magazine "Motorsport" conducted a test day like Car and Driver Magazine does one. Except they put the cars around a French racing circuit! Somehow, the Z06 lapped just 0.3 seconds behind a McLaren! Not just any McLaren but the Senna that's incredible!

The text and scans are in French, and I don't know the policy here is, but if anyone wants them I be happy to oblige and put them here!
Post it and let's see what happens :). It's usually better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Back