Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

To some the Lucid Air Sapphire IS "near" a hypercar. And that's it. No list is changing that, and that's that.
Don't get me wrong, I'd purchase the Sapphire in a jiffy if it was offered in a street drivable tires. Love everything about the Sapphire except the tires.

Right now, I'm GT-P enforcer:)

Don't get me wrong, I'd purchase the Sapphire in a jiffy if it was offered in a street drivable tires. Love everything about the Sapphire except the tires.

Right now, I'm GT-P enforcer:)
I mean, you could just swap the tires, but it would be aftermarket.

Dont forget, to date there has been no 4 door hypercar.
I am curious though, what is your favorite hypercar?
Porsche 918 Spyder, maybe?

I mean, you could just swap the tires, but it would be aftermarket.
Sorry for misunderstanding, i meant downsizing to wheels/tire sizes. 20" to 19" (front) and 21" to 20" (rear). Roads here are very shitty where I drive.

But isnt that just a rebadged Nevera? I love Rimac more than I do pininfarina, and both cars are beautiful.

No there are structural differences. The hard points are completely different. For instance it's a more cab forwards design. 4" further forwards. The Electronics and Electrics are bespoke and unique to Pininfarina. Etc.

The Koenigsegg is just hands down gorgeous. A real Hyper car.

The Sapphire would beat them all, I bet.

The Koenigsegg is just hands down gorgeous. A real Hyper car.

The Sapphire would beat them all, I bet.
And it was designed 10 years ago!
In fact, the 10 year old regera just beat the NEVERA(yes, the 1800 hp one) in a 0-300-0 race. Love to see it!

New C8 Z06 arrived a few months ago. Great car overall but it’s amazing they are selling 50-75K over sticker. I was thinking about moving mine, but it would be a four year wait to get another. Still may just take the $ and move on.
So many great cars in the market.

New C8 Z06 arrived a few months ago. Great car overall but it’s amazing they are selling 50-75K over sticker. I was thinking about moving mine, but it would be a four year wait to get another. Still may just take the $ and move on.
So many great cars in the market.
Now is a great time for the car industry. Congrats on your new ownership of flat-plane crank v8 brilliance!

And it was designed 10 years ago!
In fact, the 10 year old regera just beat the NEVERA(yes, the 1800 hp one) in a 0-300-0 race. Love to see it!

It was 0-400-0km/h but by around 1 second. The Rimac Nevera destroyed to 360 maybe 370km/h regions. And from 0-200MPH is consistently 1.5- 1.8 seconds ahead.

But still they have the record. Congratulations. But Rimac Automobili set 23 separate individual and unique records in one day. That's a Galaxy far far away.🙂

It was 0-400-0km/h but by around 1 second. The Rimac Nevera destroyed to 360 maybe 370km/h regions. And from 0-200MPH is consistently 1.5- 1.8 seconds ahead.

But still they have the record. Congratulations. But Rimac Automobili set 23 separate individual and unique records in one day. That's a Galaxy far far away.🙂
And I also would think that the Regera has far better braking, thanks to its obvious weight advantage.
Rimac's motors are amazing, they are probably on the same level as Lucid. Now that Rimac supplies motors to Koenigsegg, I think that the competition will get far more heated with Gemera-like vehicles.(in terms of powertrain)

And I also would think that the Regera has far better braking, thanks to its obvious weight advantage.
Rimac's motors are amazing, they are probably on the same level as Lucid. Now that Rimac supplies motors to Koenigsegg, I think that the competition will get far more heated with Gemera-like vehicles.(in terms of powertrain)

The electric motors for the Koenigsegg Regera were actually supplied by YASA in England but Dailmer parent company of Mercedes Benz bought them out. Rimac supplied only the battery packs to Koenigsegg.

The competition will always get fierce but Lucids are quick enough.🙂

The electric motors for the Koenigsegg Regera were actually supplied by YASA in England but Dailmer parent company of Mercedes Benz bought them out. Rimac supplied only the battery packs to Koenigsegg.

The competition will always get fierce but Lucids are quick enough.🙂
Hmm.. is it the same for the Gemera?

Actually never mind, Koenigsegg has their own epic motor called the "Quark." This motor is insane and I consider it to be better than Lucid's, atleast for track use.
28.5 kg(!), 600 nm of torque, and 250 kw of power.(335 hp) Power is a bit low, but torque and weight are exceptional. These are the ones that are used for the Gemera.
Lucid will still be able to compete with Koenigsegg and Rimac however, atleast with motors.

Hmm.. is it the same for the Gemera?

Actually never mind, Koenigsegg has their own epic motor called the "Quark." This motor is insane and I consider it to be better than Lucid's, atleast for track use.
28.5 kg(!), 600 nm of torque, and 250 kw of power.(335 hp) Power is a bit low, but torque and weight are exceptional. These are the ones that are used for the Gemera.
Lucid will still be able to compete with Koenigsegg and Rimac however, atleast with motors.
If Lucid went for the super expensive million dollar hyper cars, I really think it COULD compete with Koenigsegg and these other exclusive track/sporty cars because their motors are more efficient and more powerful when competing kg/hp and torque.

It's just that Lucid doesn't have any desire for making a Roadster type car.
IMHO that is

Koenigsegg's Tiny Electric Motor Makes 335 HP and 443 LB-FT of Torque​

"Dubbed the Quark, the motor weighs just 63 pounds.

Those peak power and torque figures are only available for 20 seconds, which is common among EV motors, the figures drop to 134 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque."
🙂
1687197942360.png

Back