• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

Hmm.. is it the same for the Gemera?

Actually never mind, Koenigsegg has their own epic motor called the "Quark." This motor is insane and I consider it to be better than Lucid's, atleast for track use.
28.5 kg(!), 600 nm of torque, and 250 kw of power.(335 hp) Power is a bit low, but torque and weight are exceptional. These are the ones that are used for the Gemera.
Lucid will still be able to compete with Koenigsegg and Rimac however, atleast with motors.

As above nice little article. I've never heard this "20" second thing for Tesla or Lucid. But please update if it is.🙂

As above nice little article. I've never heard this "20" second thing for Tesla or Lucid. But please update if it is.🙂
Basically, its a boost function. Tesla and Lucid technically have it with Sprint mode, but that keep sit on. I think BMW is a great example of the "20 second thing," although for them its 10.

Basically, its a boost function. Tesla and Lucid technically have it with Sprint mode, but that keep sit on. I think BMW is a great example of the "20 second thing," although for them its 10.

I believe the Mclaren Artura plus the new Mercedes Benz AMG C63 may have similar systems now you mention it. That latter car is getting slaughtered by seeking everyone. Too heavy. Smh.

The z06 is also a beauty though..
I actually feel sorry for people trying to pick between an American sports car, there are so many good choices!
Shelby GT500, Camaro ZL1 1LE, Z06, CT-5 Blackwing... its ridiculous!

110% correct. But if pushed the Shelby would be a firm preference. My first car was also a Ford. But a Fiesta.🙂

110% correct. But if pushed the Shelby would be a firm preference. My first car was also a Ford. But a Fiesta.🙂
Say, they are discontinuing the Fiesta for that fake explorer ev, which is really sad.
For me, the Shelby/ZL1 are in one category, the Blackwing and the Z06 in the other category. And even then, I have literally no idea what to pick for the 2nd one.(1st is the shelby for me, the soul is still there)

Say, they are discontinuing the Fiesta for that fake explorer ev, which is really sad.
For me, the Shelby/ZL1 are in one category, the Blackwing and the Z06 in the other category. And even then, I have literally no idea what to pick for the 2nd one.(1st is the shelby for me, the soul is still there)

mk1-ford-fiesta.jpg

This UK Ford Fiesta! LOL!

It did the job and you never forget your first car. It took us hundreds of miles to see the McLaren F1 when literally nobody knew what it was forwards and backwards. It was a little rough and she has four on the floor manual transmission plus clutch.🙂

I know absolutely the Z06 is incredibly impressive but I usually wait until the cars had a year or so under it's belt.

My favourite Shelby are those uprated Hertz ones!

Hmm.. is it the same for the Gemera?

Actually never mind, Koenigsegg has their own epic motor called the "Quark." This motor is insane and I consider it to be better than Lucid's, atleast for track use.
28.5 kg(!), 600 nm of torque, and 250 kw of power.(335 hp) Power is a bit low, but torque and weight are exceptional. These are the ones that are used for the Gemera.
Lucid will still be able to compete with Koenigsegg and Rimac however, atleast with motors.
That absolutely did not age well.

Now it has 2300 hp from a V8 and the same electric motors. Personally, I thought the three cylinder had character... but 2300 hp isnt a bad substitute!

That absolutely did not age well.

Now it has 2300 hp from a V8 and the same electric motors. Personally, I thought the three cylinder had character... but 2300 hp isnt a bad substitute!

It's going to be around 2100KG too though. The V8 is a £400K optional extra which includes the transmission. It's going to require alot of re engineering. Hence 2025 stated deliveries.

Koenigsegg's Tiny Electric Motor Makes 335 HP and 443 LB-FT of Torque​

"Dubbed the Quark, the motor weighs just 63 pounds.

Those peak power and torque figures are only available for 20 seconds, which is common among EV motors, the figures drop to 134 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque."
🙂
They just made a new Emotor called "Dark Matter." Its absolutely stupid.
800 hp.. 40 kg... Lucid has some competition now!

They just made a new Emotor called "Dark Matter." Its absolutely stupid.
800 hp.. 40 kg... Lucid has some competition now!

Oh yeah I know a little about the Dark Matter. Just been busy with things like the Aston Martin DB12 and more latterly the Festival of Speed.

It certainly packs the numbers. My only not problem but shall we say question mark is, that an old contact of mine someone who's not used to flights of fancy or mistruths is saying that in actuality it's EXTERNAL OEM?

I don't know about but I'll investigate it at some point.🙂

Oh yeah I know a little about the Dark Matter. Just been busy with things like the Aston Martin DB12 and more latterly the Festival of Speed.

It certainly packs the numbers. My only not problem but shall we say question mark is, that an old contact of mine someone who's not used to flights of fancy or mistruths is saying that in actuality it's EXTERNAL OEM?

I don't know about but I'll investigate it at some point.🙂
Well that would be illegimate, considering that they claim it to be theirs.
If it is external.. then I have a new motor for my project car!
Imagine how funny it would be if the external oem was lucid.. lol

The z06 is also a beauty though..
I actually feel sorry for people trying to pick between an American sports car, there are so many good choices!
Shelby GT500, Camaro ZL1 1LE, Z06, CT-5 Blackwing... its ridiculous!
Agree…
The Z06 has the super car looks….. not so much for the GT. The Z is so quick from a dig.
Both sweet cars

Rimac Automobili are unvieling apparently a Nevera Spyder or Roadster POSSIBLY a "GT3RS" type vehicle in a couple of hours time.

Definitely the former *coughs*.🙂

Rimac Automobili are unvieling apparently a Nevera Spyder or Roadster POSSIBLY a "GT3RS" type vehicle in a couple of hours time.

Definitely the former *coughs*.🙂
Ill be taking the GT3 RS please! The current Nevera doesnt have enough cornering IMO..

Back