RESOLVED Charging with Tesla Wall Charger

SBD1500

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure
DE Number
Referral Code
91B5SVKZ
I'm expecting delivery of my Pure in the next few weeks and want to make sure I'll be ready to charge from home. I currently have the Tesla Wall charger installed. Which adapter will allow me to charge safely? I would prefer a proper fit that won't break off like some adapters that have been mentioned. I'm ok with sacrificing some charging speed for safety. Thanks

Yup. Very happy with my TeslaTap Mini.

Worth noting that you can't (yet) adjust the charging current down from either the car or the app, so the car will always pull the maximum available from your Tesla wall connector. You can of course adjust internally in the wall connector if needed.

Are the issues fixed with the Tesla mini tap having a bad fit and breaking off?

Just make sure it handles your max current 48a

Lectron [Only for J1772 EVs] Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter, Max 48 Amp & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connectors, Destination Chargers, and Mobile Connectors (Black) https://a.co/d/h2m07GM

Or 80A if you have the Gen2.

I have had no issues with fit on the TeslaTap. I gather from their website that they redesigned it to address the earlier issues.

There is a Ford Lightning version that costs slightly more. From the Lightning forums, its supposedly overbuilt for continuous 80A and there is a discount code that you can use .....I don't know if this is all true or not but I bought this adapter for my car since the coupon made it cheaper.

Use purchase code "Lightning"

Interesting that:
1) The 80 amp version is also rated for 80 amps continuous. What's special about the 'Lightning'?

2) Why didn't they call it the "Air"? Lucid shipped cars first.

How many miles/hour did it charge at?
240V 60A 14..4 kW. So in L2 charge it is fixed. 30 min would be 28.8kWh in this case. Miles pee kWh depends on your driving parttern. in mu case 3.7 which means in this case I would get 3.7 *7.2 in 30 min which is about 26miles in 30 min. The slowest L2 charger can by 6kW. Very rare to see 80A L2 charger.

I was told by my sales rep that this will invalidate your warranty?? he went out of his way (I guess knowing I owned a Tesla) to tell me this information. Not sure how they would know for sure.

I was told by my sales rep that this will invalidate your warranty?? he went out of his way (I guess knowing I owned a Tesla) to tell me this information. Not sure how they would know for sure.

My sales rep also knew that I've got a Tesla even though I didn't disclose that fact to anyone in Lucid.

lol if this invalidates warranty I am returning my car. I would say that’s a load of stories, it’s perfectly fine it’s just electricity

None of these chargers are live when you plug them in, they all have communications protocols that need to be gone through where the car tells the charger to start, how much to send, to stop, etc.... Invalidating a warranty from this would be nonsensical, it would indicate a much larger systemic problem with the charging standard or Lucid.

This has been discussed on this forum countless times; they likely say that as a liability issue in case something goes wrong.

If the adapter melts or catches fire, or breaks off in your car, that is unlikely to result in a successful Lucid warranty claim; that is the point.

This has been discussed on this forum countless times; they likely say that as a liability issue in case something goes wrong.

If the adapter melts or catches fire, or breaks off in your car, that is unlikely to result in a successful Lucid warranty claim; that is the point.
Aww okay CYA liabilities that makes sense

There is a Ford Lightning version that costs slightly more. From the Lightning forums, its supposedly overbuilt for continuous 80A and there is a discount code that you can use .....I don't know if this is all true or not but I bought this adapter for my car since the coupon made it cheaper.

Use purchase code "Lightning"
Any issues with it? I'm about to buy one for mine and am considering the Lightning one...

Not yet, so far pretty flawless. There is a requirement to plug in the connector for 30s first which doesn't seem like much but is a fairly long enough time that it gets a little awkward.

Back