Charging Timer

JoeL

I just drove my Touring home and realized that the charging software does not have capability to schedule the start of a charge, like Tesla. Is there a way to get a timer to schedule the charge at about 1:00 AM when electric rates are lowest? My outlet is 240 Volts 60 Amps.

I just drove my Touring home and realized that the charging software does not have capability to schedule the start of a charge, like Tesla. Is there a way to get a timer to schedule the charge at about 1:00 AM when electric rates are lowest? My outlet is 240 Volts 60 Amps.
You need to have an EVSE capable of scheduled charging Ala Juicebox, Chargepoint, Grizzled, etc.

You need to have an EVSE capable of scheduled charging Ala Juicebox, Chargepoint, Grizzled, etc.
That Used to work. However, with the 2.0 update, those don‘t work either, at least the ChargePoint. You can schedule the EVSE to charge at super off-peak, which is midnight for me. But the car goes to sleep and will not charge unless you wake it up after midnight to start charging. That makes the scheduled charging on the EVSE useless. They REALLY need to fix this.

That Used to work. However, with the 2.0 update, those don‘t work either, at least the ChargePoint. You can schedule the EVSE to charge at super off-peak, which is midnight for me. But the car goes to sleep and will not charge unless you wake it up after midnight to start charging. That makes the scheduled charging on the EVSE useless. They REALLY need to fix this.
Yea, from what I can gather reading here it's only chargepoint which is lacking.

Is this still the case with 2.0.33/2.0.35? Mine got fixed (as in, doesn't throw a charging error when I plug it in) with that update.

Is this still the case with 2.0.33/2.0.35? Mine got fixed (as in, doesn't throw a charging error when I plug it in) with that update.
Yup. Threw an error yesterday and I had to Wake the car after midnight for it to charge

Yup. Threw an error yesterday and I had to Wake the car after midnight for it to charge
OK, that's weird; it seems to be happening only with Chargepoint now. Make sure you let Lucid CS know!

Are you now able to schedule charge with the Lucid charger?

My Chargepoint threw the triangle of death last night as it has done every time I’ve used it. I think the interaction between the car and the charger gets confused with the timed charge. My charger is V3. Frustrating to have to cycle circuit breaker each time. Has anyone found the cure for the chargepoint issue.

My Chargepoint threw the triangle of death last night as it has done every time I’ve used it. I think the interaction between the car and the charger gets confused with the timed charge. My charger is V3. Frustrating to have to cycle circuit breaker each time. Has anyone found the cure for the chargepoint issue.
Nope. Not yet. But I can always charge with it. It’s not throwing the breaker. It is just not working as scheduled unless I get up and wake the car. When I plug in the Lucid, the car throws errors, but it will charge eventually ChargePoint turns on and ca4 is awake.

Nope. Not yet. But I can always charge with it. It’s not throwing the breaker. It is just not working as scheduled unless I get up and wake the car. When I plug in the Lucid, the car throws errors, but it will charge eventually ChargePoint turns on and ca4 is awake.
Has waking the car via automation been unsuccessful?

What version of Chargepoint do you have. The number inside the charger

What version of Chargepoint do you have. The number inside the charger
I’ll have to look when I get a chance. It is 2-1/2 years old so is not new.

It's interesting that we never have errors charging the EQS, only the Lucid with our ChargePoint home charger.

So what do you need to do to rectify that situation? I have ChargePoint, too.
I have not had any errors charging the Lucid lately so I haven't talked to ChargePoint. When we first installed the charger and I noticed that the EQS worked, I just assumed it was a Lucid software error that would be fixed at some point.

I have not had any errors charging the Lucid lately so I haven't talked to ChargePoint. When we first installed the charger and I noticed that the EQS worked, I just assumed it was a Lucid software error that would be fixed at some point.
Thanks. Hope I don’t run into that situation. Do you keep the Lucid plugged in every night?

Back