FPL Evolution Home

RangePerformance

Sharing information for those that live in Florida. I am in the Fort Myers/Naples area and using the EA charger at the Naples Walmart is absolute torture. It is the only EA until you cross the Ally or travel north to Port Charlotte. It is extremely busy and always has issues. A typical charging session requires waiting for a charger to open and then getting 60kw speed, if you are lucky. I recently discovered the FPL Evolution high speed chargers and love them. There is an FPL Evolution charger at the Immokalee exit off I-75 in the City Mattress parking lot. I was using this in lieu of the free charging at the EA in Naples simply because its always available, charges fast, and never had any issues. Yes, it is .30 cents a kw and this is not bad considering EA would be .48 cents without the free charging. Anyway, I used it a few times and received an email from FPL with an offer to install the FPL Evolution at home for $31 unlimited charging. I completed the enrollment form and about a week later they called to schedule the installation. A very nice gentleman installed the home setup this past Monday, which took about 1.5 hours and so far it has been great. If you do not have a 240-volt circuit the cost is $38 a month unlimited. If you already have the 240-volt circuit the cost is $31 unlimited. They install everything and I believe the equipment stays after so many years in contract.
Just sharing my positive experience with FPL. I have attached pics.

Attachments

• FPL Email.png
    FPL Email.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 130
  • FPL Off-Peak Schedule.png
    FPL Off-Peak Schedule.png
    154 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
Wait, so they just pay for all electricity costs that are incurred at your home? Sounds like a great deal!

Also, is that an aftermarket stealth car?

I selected the $31 per month unlimited during non-peak option. So, any EV car that is charged via the wall mounted Level 2 charger during the non-peak times fall under the $31 unlimited. That is the only electricity covered under this plan. There is an FPL Evolution app that you install on your phone and can track the history, change settings, etc. I attached screenshots. My daughter is getting a Tesla Model Y and we can both charge unlimited for the one price of $31 per month. Hopefully getting Tesla Y before end of year to get the $7,500 tax credit, but that's a separate issue. The charging speed is 9kw, it was 6kw connecting directly to the 240-v circuit.
"FPL EVolution Home will permit, install and maintain a level 2 charger and the required 240-volt circuit in your garage for a faster and convenient charging experience. There is no upfront cost for equipment or installation. Just plug in and forget it – chargers will be programmed to automatically start charging so you can enjoy the benefits of unlimited weeknights and weekend off-peak charging, all for one low monthly cost." from FPL enrollment form.

Regarding the stealth, yes after market stealth. I did the full XPEL wrap, XPEL window tint, and chrome delete wrap. The wrap did help when I accidentally backed into an 'EV Parking Only' post while trying to get close to an EA charger. I only scratched the wrap and not the paint. However, it did cost $500 to get it rewrapped because it was a large piece of wrap. Probably would have been cheaper to fix the scratch on the car :).

Attachments

• Charging Screenshot.png
    Charging Screenshot.png
    24 KB · Views: 51
  • FPL App 1.png
    FPL App 1.png
    313 KB · Views: 48
  • FPL App 2.png
    FPL App 2.png
    313 KB · Views: 46
  • FPL Email.png
    FPL Email.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 48
If I may ask. Where did you get that xpel work done? I am looking to get the same n my AGT. I live in the Orlando and get to Sarasota area not in frequently.

Sharing information for those that live in Florida. I am in the Fort Myers/Naples area and using the EA charger at the Naples Walmart is absolute torture. It is the only EA until you cross the Ally or travel north to Port Charlotte. It is extremely busy and always has issues. A typical charging session requires waiting for a charger to open and then getting 60kw speed, if you are lucky. I recently discovered the FPL Evolution high speed chargers and love them. There is an FPL Evolution charger at the Immokalee exit off I-75 in the City Mattress parking lot. I was using this in lieu of the free charging at the EA in Naples simply because its always available, charges fast, and never had any issues. Yes, it is .30 cents a kw and this is not bad considering EA would be .48 cents without the free charging. Anyway, I used it a few times and received an email from FPL with an offer to install the FPL Evolution at home for $31 unlimited charging. I completed the enrollment form and about a week later they called to schedule the installation. A very nice gentleman installed the home setup this past Monday, which took about 1.5 hours and so far it has been great. If you do not have a 240-volt circuit the cost is $38 a month unlimited. If you already have the 240-volt circuit the cost is $31 unlimited. They install everything and I believe the equipment stays after so many years in contract.
Just sharing my positive experience with FPL. I have attached pics.
That is an outstanding program. At my usage of 1000kwh/month, that yields 3.1 cents/Kwh.

Back