Charging Timer

Thanks. Hope I don’t run into that situation. Do you keep the Lucid plugged in every night?
I only charge 1-2 times per week. If I start charging before bedtime, then I leave it connected until the next time I go out.

This is a known issue. I was told today by upper management that an update with programmable charging times should be coming out in the next few months. It will allow it to be set from either the car or the app. As always, have patience.

I have a Wallbox, and am on .35. Now getting the charging error and have to manually unplug and replug. It really feels like they have a “happy path” regression testing system that is not diverse at all to testing real life systems, and if true, we will continue to take steps back with every release until they change their organizational approach.

Our Chargepoint Home Flex's charge scheduling has always worked flawlessly with our Volvo - we happen to use the charger's scheduling rather than the car's, as the car's scheduling capability came out later. And we only want to limit charging hours while at home anyway. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Air's L2 and L3 charging protocols aren't quite the same as that on other EVs. Hoping that L2 & L3 protocol refinements are included in an upcoming OTA that includes scheduled charging.

Last edited:
Same issues with Autel MaxiCharger. You can set a schedule on Autel but if car is asleep, charging won't occur. You also get that error message asking you to unplug and plug in charging cable.

Same issues with Autel MaxiCharger. You can set a schedule on Autel but if car is asleep, charging won't occur. You also get that error message asking you to unplug and plug in charging cable.
I just noticed also that when the car is asleep, no charging happens... Didn't have to plug in, but did have to wake up the car. I guess I must have been plugging in during the low electricity times of 9pm to 4pm and never noticed. Hopefully this gets addressed.

Does anyone have ‘end of charge’ issues where when finishing the charge but leaving the car connected to the charger, the charger fires up again after the car loses just 1 mile of charge. (I’m using the Lucid wall mounted charger.). The charger will cycle on, give it 1 mile of charge, then cycle off over and over and over.

Does anyone have ‘end of charge’ issues where when finishing the charge but leaving the car connected to the charger, the charger fires up again after the car loses just 1 mile of charge. (I’m using the Lucid wall mounted charger.). The charger will cycle on, give it 1 mile of charge, then cycle off over and over and over.
It does that when something wakes the car up. Using the app, walking by with a mobile key or fob will wake the car up. If the car remains sleeping it will not turn on to charge.

It does that when something wakes the car up. Using the app, walking by with a mobile key or fob will wake the car up. If the car remains sleeping it will not turn on to charge.
Great. Thanks. Just started turning off Bluetooth and taking the FOB out of my pocket when not driving. I’ll give it a test. Appreciate the feedback

Back