Center Console Very Cold

TakeDuo

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Referral Code
YLV3CK0N
Ok so need some sounding boards here. Our center console gets freezing cold when the rear AC is on. There is obvious air blowing into/around the arm rest and in the storage space with the sliding top. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is it likely that a rear vent tube is leaking in there and I need to contact customer care?

Like the arm rest ends up getting freezing cold as well?

Well, not the top of it. But yes, the handle to open it and underneath it is very cold. We don’t remember it being that way but just don’t know if we hadn’t noticed it before. Can def feel air in both storage spaces under arm rest and behind cup holders with rear A/C on.

Well, not the top of it. But yes, the handle to open it and underneath it is very cold. We don’t remember it being that way but just don’t know if we hadn’t noticed it before. Can def feel air in both storage spaces under arm rest and behind cup holders with rear A/C on.
Interesting. I'll check mine tomorrow and report back!

Negative. Just blasted both rear vents at maximum force and minimum temp for 10 min and zero effect on armrest interior, cupholder, or center console 🤔

But it did have a somewhat gently pleasant cooling effect on the entire car lol

”Where did the experimental cooled center console go? I don’t know. It was here near the assembly line yesterday!”
That would actually make the console useful!

Negative. Just blasted both rear vents at maximum force and minimum temp for 10 min and zero effect on armrest interior, cupholder, or center console 🤔

But it did have a somewhat gently pleasant cooling effect on the entire car lol
Thanks! Can’t quite ask my neighbor yet to check theirs haha. Good to have this forum!

Yeah didn’t seem correct. Guess I’ll give the service center a call then today.

Thanks! Can’t quite ask my neighbor yet to check theirs haha. Good to have this forum!

Yeah didn’t seem correct. Guess I’ll give the service center a call then today.
Or not...and use it as a cool box 🥶

Or not...and use it as a cool box 🥶
Ha yes! I should throw a little thermometer in there and report back. For reference, my phone was cold even being on the fast charger which cooks my phone.

Wonder how much air I’m losing to the back? Now I think about it, the kids had it on 59° in the back and were complaining of being a little warm. I just ignored them and said “would you just relax and enjoy this damn car!” 😂

I have noticed that when I take stuff out of the console that it does seem cool. The is especially true if I just put my cell phone in there without putting it on the charger.

Put my AC at 59, fan speed 10 and ran it for 20 min. Center console didn't become a mini-fridge 😢

Put my AC at 59, fan speed 10 and ran it for 20 min. Center console didn't become a mini-fridge 😢
Did you also have the rear on? Maybe that is causing their problem?? I never use the rear.

Confirmed it’s an issue for me this afternoon. Rear AC blows air into the box. Front AC only no issue with air coming in. Service call it is! Thanks all!

67A326C7-F7FF-4BDD-95C0-ABEA2793CFB3.jpeg

Back