CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Me too. It’s been promised for way too long. I hope Lucid comes through on its promise but we’re running out of days in 2022.

My last service technician prefaced by saying that he doesn’t have any specific knowledge, but doesn’t think we are getting it this year due to delays on Apple’s side. Hope he is wrong.

My last service technician prefaced by saying that he doesn’t have any specific knowledge, but doesn’t think we are getting it this year due to delays on Apple’s side. Hope he is wrong.
and Santa Claus 🎅🏻 is not real.

Well then get Android Auto out now! 😇

Has anyone heard whether they're releasing Android Auto at the same time? It's strange to me that all of the messaging focus is on Apple CarPlay with Android being ~1/2 the market

Rumor is it will have both. If it doesn’t, at least you have an excuse to buy that iPhone you always wanted!
You mean the iPhone that I "never" wanted?

...at least you have an excuse to buy that iPhone you always wanted!
I'll be back in a sec... have to cough up a hairball.

Has anyone heard whether they're releasing Android Auto at the same time? It's strange to me that all of the messaging focus is on Apple CarPlay with Android being ~1/2 the market
Apple primarily dominates user engagement markets in the US, so this shouldn’t be surprising. There also multiple analytics to back up brand associations with OSs and phones that would point to the majority in the market Lucid is in to be iPhone bias. So although I understand your comment, this should explain why the majority of conversations are around CarPlay.

Even at Ford, Android Auto users are a fraction of our CarPlay users and the usual app divide in the US is 70/30 with 70% being iPhone users.

I'll be back in a sec... have to cough up a hairball.
I like Android devices better but my Apple stock has done very well!

More like 72% Android global but us is only 42% Android and 58% IOS.

More like 72% Android global but us is only 42% Android and 58% IOS.
I’m guessing Lucid customers, which is the number that matters, is close to what @thecodingart suggests: 70% iPhone.

Either way, Lucid is definitely going to do both. And likely will release simultaneously.

I’m guessing Lucid customers, which is the number that matters, is close to what @thecodingart suggests: 70% iPhone.

Either way, Lucid is definitely going to do both. And likely will release simultaneously.
I wonder how many iPhone users use Google maps vs other maps. I am still waiting for a lot of improvements to come to Google maps. ETA based on car pool lane and navigation to use car pool lane. It is tricky to know when to exit the car pool lane. Also, the features of ABRP must come to EV mode of Google maps. We should be able to plan a trip to include visiting people, places, restaurants, charging all in 1 place and suggest an optimal route.

I'm hoping for Android Auto, but at the holiday party, a managing staff member vaguely mentioned that carplay is coming soon, and that it would be before android auto (much to my disappointment)... But provided details over what was implied be "soon" !!
Can't wait for these updates especially with the new iteration of full screen Android auto...

I'm hoping for Android Auto, but at the holiday party, a managing staff member vaguely mentioned that carplay is coming soon, and that it would be before android auto (much to my disappointment)... But provided details over what was implied be "soon" !!
Can't wait for these updates especially with the new iteration of full screen Android auto...
FYI I was told over a month ago that it was coming “soon”.

Back