CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I was assuming that CarPlay and Android Auto would run on the upper righthand drivers display but I've never seen either run on a screen that is not a standard rectanglular shape. Would this need to be a custom implementation just for Lucid? I'm hoping it won't only run on the pilot panel due to it being the only standard shaped display.
The Polestar 2 has CarPlay on a vertical screen similar to the lower lucid display.

Polestar 2’s style of implementation. (Android system)

Polestar2 has 4 app folders for 4 apps concurrency. (You can drag and drop app icon to move in between folder, only 6 apps can be shown at a time in a folder, you click “. . .” Can expand folder to show more apps)
9CF09AB5-DD47-4154-8755-14A8D6904C7A.jpeg

Up to 4 apps can be running…
65F4A805-803C-41F3-B7DD-25BB645631F5.jpeg

Apple CarPlay in portrait screen
024DC961-2D49-44BA-B98C-598C1965024B.jpeg
6543C213-236A-4786-AB51-70A4DCC7F7D7.jpeg

Looks like a solid implementation of the current CarPlay and Android Auto. I still worry if Lucid does that on the Pilot Panel, it will be too far down to be safe to manipulate while driving.

Looks like a solid implementation of the current CarPlay and Android Auto. I still worry if Lucid does that on the Pilot Panel, it will be too far down to be safe to manipulate while driving.
Agree. I hope it’s like the image leaked/photoshopped a few months back.

I’m sure Lucid has no problem implementing CarPlay. It is just matter of aesthetic. Lucid as we know is perfectionist in efficiency, design and engineering.

I just took delivery of a 23 Escalade and the CarPlay implementation is on a screen very similar in shape to the upper Lucid screen. The CarPlay window is rectangular and does not conform to the screen. This seems to be the most straightforward method and the way we have seen ”leaked” screenshots from lucid in the past.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had the Escalade a week, all of the native apps like phone and navigation work great. The CarPlay and Sirius XM work very well also. I haven’t gone to a single Cadillac Escalade forum to look for information on anything - no need. I know, comparing legacy ICE automaker to startup EV company is not fair, but software can be good regardless of how long you‘ve been in business. The Cadillac user experience is at least what I expect from a new tech company like Lucid.

Rest well peeps, for tonight is CarPlay Eve. I’m sure this post will age well.
Well, let's give it another try this week! Any predictions?

Well, let's give it another try this week!n. Any predictions?
Did I say last week? I gotta guy who promises it starts rolling out by Wednesday. It’s a rock solid source. 😎

I'll bet you a round of beer 😂. I bet we'll see an update this week. Not Carplay though.
You’re on. Knotty Barrel, I’ll have the Russian River Pilsner please.

Well, 1/22 is the Lunar New Year according to my calendar and someone high up at Lucid did mention, “hopefully by year end”.

I think the software team wanted to enjoy the lack of bugs for a few weeks. Either that or they’ve all been put on delivery logistics. 😉

I hear we may be getting some CarPlay love tomorrow - though tbh I’m basically cool with the native nav. I recognize that may not be consensus.

Back