CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I wish Lucid would just tell us when we can expect it. I still can't make a voice activated call as the list from my i-phone is downloaded but Alexa won't recognize it. The service rep can't get it to work and hasn't been able to find anyone who can. My car works perfectly other than this but it is something I use a lot.
Sorry that you are having this issue. Alexa works well for me to make calls from my iPhone list. You have provably already tried this, but you may want to try deleting your iPhone entirely from the Air and then re-pairing it.

Sorry that you are having this issue. Alexa works well for me to make calls from my iPhone list. You have provably already tried this, but you may want to try deleting your iPhone entirely from the Air and then re-pairing it.
The phone integration just goes onto the list of other unstable bugs. Some owners have them and some owners don't but they eventually show up with no explained reasoning as to why. It's disappointing to see some very common responses now for Lucid's lingering software issues

"valet reset the car"
"do the Bobby reset"
"delete the mobile key and set up again"
"unpair your phone and set it back up"

This is becoming the norm and this shouldn't be accepted as the norm. The last 2 times i've contacted Lucid's customer service to provide information on a bug both times they've responded with "reset the car". This is creeping into very dangerous territory where its just expected you continually have to reset the car to accommodate for Lucid's inability to squash consistent bugs quickly. I use the word consistent because there is a difference between consistent and new. new bugs are a given but if you can't fix the consistent bugs quickly then any new bug is just adding to the list because they probably can't fix those quickly either.

I don't bother with the phone in the car. Why?

• Text message alerts have a mind of their own and seems the car picks and chooses when it wants to display you've got a message (40% success rate is being generous)
  • The fist time I answered a call in the car with hands free, the audio was a garbled mess

So now, I just accept the phone portion also isn't ready for prime time and don't use any of the features related to it. Putting my IT hat on seeing such inconsistencies and the success rate of these issues \ bugs disappearing when you reset the car it points to a memory management/memory leak issue. Resetting is the cheats way to quickly flush the memory and start again. It doesn't solve the problem it just buys you time until the memory fills up again and needs to be flushed.

The phone integration just goes onto the list of other unstable bugs. Some owners have them and some owners don't but they eventually show up with no explained reasoning as to why. It's disappointing to see some very common responses now for Lucid's lingering software issues

"valet reset the car"
"do the Bobby reset"
"delete the mobile key and set up again"
"unpair your phone and set it back up"

This is becoming the norm and this shouldn't be accepted as the norm. The last 2 times i've contacted Lucid's customer service to provide information on a bug both times they've responded with "reset the car". This is creeping into very dangerous territory where its just expected you continually have to reset the car to accommodate for Lucid's inability to squash consistent bugs quickly. I use the word consistent because there is a difference between consistent and new. new bugs are a given but if you can't fix the consistent bugs quickly then any new bug is just adding to the list because they probably can't fix those quickly either.

I don't bother with the phone in the car. Why?

• Text message alerts have a mind of their own and seems the car picks and chooses when it wants to display you've got a message (40% success rate is being generous)
  • The fist time I answered a call in the car with hands free, the audio was a garbled mess

So now, I just accept the phone portion also isn't ready for prime time and don't use any of the features related to it. Putting my IT hat on seeing such inconsistencies and the success rate of these issues \ bugs disappearing when you reset the car it points to a memory management/memory leak issue. Resetting is the cheats way to quickly flush the memory and start again. It doesn't solve the problem it just buys you time until the memory fills up again and needs to be flushed.
Is this becoming Lucid Support’s answer to everything?

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I was told by a insider that there's big updates coming next month

Putting my IT hat on seeing such inconsistencies and the success rate of these issues \ bugs isappearing when you reset the car it points to a memory management/memory leak issue. Resetting is the cheats way to quickly flush the memory and start again. It doesn't solve the problem it just buys you time until the memory fills up again and needs to be flushed.
Lucid...the Windows 98 of car infotainment. :p
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I was told by a insider that there's big updates coming next month
Windows Me?

Martha Stewart went to jail for stuff like that!!!

I think that Lucid is the new Lucy!!

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 11.36.49 AM.png

I hear we may be getting some CarPlay love tomorrow - though tbh I’m basically cool with the native nav. I recognize that may not be consensus.
I have to admit, you got me! I’ll never trust again.

What's the punishment for spreading misinformation? Keyed car, slashed tires..... 😂

And you can post it on your fridge. Major update next month😊

Don't worry, I'll be referring back to this post next month on a large update next month!
Hey, it you say it enough times you have to get it right once right?

Rumor has it that it’s going to rain at least one day this year. Heard it from a reliable source……. 😂

Back