• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay is here! - Megathread

So, navigating with the Lucid nav system to the Getty in LA. Takes me down a dead end street. I am always having to use Google Maps or Apple Maps to be able to reliably get to a destination. I believe Lucid uses Here Navigation. I'm frustrated having to hold my phone to navigate - downright dangerous.

We would enjoy our car much more if it came with Google maps instead of HERE. I'd really rather not use Android Auto just to get Google - a warty kludge on an otherwise very nice car.

“CarPlay Friday!”
“Gravity November!”

We can keep chanting!

It's kinda sad that this thread has become a joke!
There have been a few.

Grey Delay
Silver Slide
Now, CarPlay Friday

All brought to you by the Lucid Communications Department. Do they have an actual "Communications" department? That might explain a few things if they don't.

Tesla had a few of their own too.

Model 2 under 30k is coming!
Roadster next year!
CyberTruck sometimes this year!
FSD is definitely by end of this year!

🤣

Tesla had a few of their own too.

Model 2 under 30k is coming!
Roadster next year!
CyberTruck sometimes this year!
FSD is definitely by end of this year!

🤣
Don't care about Tesla.

I purchased a Lucid.

Tesla was not a consideration for me. BMW/Mercedes, and not necessarily an EV, were on my list, as was Genesis.

Don't care about Tesla.

I purchased a Lucid.

Tesla was not a consideration for me. BMW/Mercedes, and not necessarily an EV, were on my list, as was Genesis.
I think a light hearted joke is just being made. My Tesla joke was always, customer service will eventually get back to me one year.

There have been a few.

Grey Delay
Silver Slide
Now, CarPlay Friday

All brought to you by the Lucid Communications Department. Do they have an actual "Communications" department? That might explain a few things if they don't.
Just a hypothetical: suppose it really is being held up by Apple being slow, just for the sake of argument. Lucid can't exactly issue a press release saying "Apple is holding us up, go talk to them" without risking their entire relationship with Apple, can they?

I think a light hearted joke is just being made. My Tesla joke was always, customer service will eventually get back to me one year.
Sounds like the support side of their solar business. I had a roof leak for 3 months before putting in a BBB complaint and suddenly the local support manager called me up to come out and fix things.

Just a hypothetical: suppose it really is being held up by Apple being slow, just for the sake of argument. Lucid can't exactly issue a press release saying "Apple is holding us up, go talk to them" without risking their entire relationship with Apple, can they?
In addition to the business risk that @borski points out, there may be an NDA between Apple and Lucid that forbids Lucid from disclosing this type of information.

So, in your hypothetical, was Lucid violating the NDA when they announced CarPlay by the end of 2022? Do you think it would really be that difficult for Lucid to get Apple’s approval to make an announcement about the amended delivery timeframe? Probably not, unless there was a serious problem.

Try that at home. “Honey, I would love to tell you what time I’ll be home and where I am tonight, but I’m under an NDA and it’s in all of our best interest if I don’t tell you”. If we don’t accept that kind of communication with the ones we love, why would we blindly accept it of a corporation who promised something, hasn’t delivered and hasn’t provided an update or reason why.

So, in your hypothetical, was Lucid violating the NDA when they announced CarPlay by the end of 2022? Do you think it would really be that difficult for Lucid to get Apple’s approval to make an announcement about the amended delivery timeframe? Probably not, unless there was a serious problem.

Try that at home. “Honey, I would love to tell you what time I’ll be home and where I am tonight, but I’m under an NDA and it’s in all of our best interest if I don’t tell you”. If we don’t accept that kind of communication with the ones we love, why would we blindly accept it of a corporation who promised something, hasn’t delivered and hasn’t provided an update or reason why.
Your comparison is off.

It would be more like posting to Twitter “Sorry, I’m going to be late to this media event because my wife has massive diarrhea and has locked herself in the bathroom.”

See how well the two of you get along after that public statement.

Back