CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I will try that but did you note the above post from Maractwin as he has the same issue and seems to have identified the issue.

"I have that happening as well, and figured it out. Siri uses the Meros app on my phone to control our garage door through our home WiFi. When CarPlay is running, the car and phone are on an ad hoc network and not the house WiFi, so cannot talk to the Meros controller on the garage door. It helps that Siri says "communications error" or something like that when this happens."
"I should have said a little more. Arriving home, I open the garage when I'm about a block away, and this always works, with the phone using cellular data to talk to our Meros garage door controller. It also works when the phone is on the house WiFi, somehow figuring out that it can talk directly to the controller which is also on the house WiFi rather than going across the internet. But if I am home, but CarPlay is connected, then it can't talk to the controller. For some reason it thinks it can talk to it directly, but fails. should have said a little more.
I have a myQ garage system and it works fine whether CarPlay is running or not.

Well, I had an issue today where CP stopped working after working well since I got the FW. After a frustrating 1/2 hour at EA and only getting Plug and Charge to work at an EA station (where P-n-C had worked previously) after letting my vehicle sleep/reboot (per Lucid CS), I found that CP stopped working after I was done charging. CP screen was black, and when I tapped the CP icon in the Pilot Panel device list "Starting CarPlay" spinner appeared and just stayed there. I tried everything (so I thought): disabled/enabled BT in car, on phone, locked and walked away from vehicle for >5 min, rebooted the phone, removed the phone from the car and the car from the phone ... which I didn't really want to do as I knew that would wipe out my 4 pages of app ordering! After repairing, CP option wouldn't even show up in the vehicle, even though the car was authorized for CP after repairing on the phone.

In frustration, I called tech support, his first statement was that they wanted to get someone out to fix it, I said WAIT, CP was JUST working before charging at EA. Then it dawned on ... I should try switching profiles (aka @Bobby Reset) which I have only ever had to do once, so it didn't dawn on me to try this. But I discovered that with an active call, the vehicle will not let you switch profiles, Lucid CSS didn't know this. Diabling BT so the call would disconnect from the vehicle, switching to Guest, and back to my profile worked ... CP started right up!

So today's lesson for me, and for those having CP issues .. Always @Bobby Reset first!! Who knows, that may have also resolved by P-n-C issue as well if I had thought of trying it. I now need a drink after wasting about an hour on these two issues and reorder all of my CP apps, fortunately I took screen shots of the order to make the rearranging go a little easier!! LOL!!!

Well, I had an issue today where CP stopped working after working well since I got the FW. After a frustrating 1/2 hour at EA and only getting Plug and Charge to work at an EA station (where P-n-C had worked previously) after letting my vehicle sleep/reboot (per Lucid CS), I found that CP stopped working after I was done charging. CP screen was black, and when I tapped the CP icon in the Pilot Panel device list "Starting CarPlay" spinner appeared and just stayed there. I tried everything (so I thought): disabled/enabled BT in car, on phone, locked and walked away from vehicle for >5 min, rebooted the phone, removed the phone from the car and the car from the phone ... which I didn't really want to do as I knew that would wipe out my 4 pages of app ordering! After repairing, CP option wouldn't even show up in the vehicle, even though the car was authorized for CP after repairing on the phone.

In frustration, I called tech support, his first statement was that they wanted to get someone out to fix it, I said WAIT, CP was JUST working before charging at EA. Then it dawned on ... I should try switching profiles (aka @Bobby Reset) which I have only ever had to do once, so it didn't dawn on me to try this. But I discovered that with an active call, the vehicle will not let you switch profiles, Lucid CSS didn't know this. Diabling BT so the call would disconnect from the vehicle, switching to Guest, and back to my profile worked ... CP started right up!

So today's lesson for me, and for those having CP issues .. Always @Bobby Reset first!! Who knows, that may have also resolved by P-n-C issue as well if I had thought of trying it. I now need a drink after wasting about an hour on these two issues and reorder all of my CP apps, fortunately I took screen shots of the order to make the rearranging go a little easier!! LOL!!!
Of course!

I have a myQ garage system and it works fine whether CarPlay is running or
Also to mention: I have 3 garage doors with older Chamberlin openers. A few years ago, I added the Meross Smart Garage Door Opener Remote, which supports Alexa and HomeKit (I use both).

The Meross openers continue to work flawlessly with CarPlay running. Because I have had these integrated with Alexa, so I typically just tell Alexa to open or close one of the doors when I'm down the street. I also have HomeKit routines that lock/unlock my entry door(s) along with opening or closing the garage door when either I leave/arrive or my wife leaves/arrives. I also have a routine that locks all the door in the house and makes sure all the garage doors are down at 11pm. Along these lines, I can use Siri in CarPlay to run any of these routines (and others).

Bottom line - the MeRoss Openers worked before CarPlay and continue to work with CarPlay, giving me additional ways to access these doors when in the car.

I have a myQ garage system and it works fine whether CarPlay is running or not.
Mine does as well. However I don’t let Lucid on my home network since music channels don’t switch from Wifi to Cell very well.

Siri closes garage door via voice every time.

Mine does as well. However I don’t let Lucid on my home network since music channels don’t switch from Wifi to Cell very well.

Same. Exactly.

Just made a 90 min drive using Waze on CP and had a somewhat similar experience. No issues for about an hour and then CP just dropped from the screen. Attempts reconnect had a similar spinning modal. I was hardwired the entire time. 10 ish minutes later it came back without me doing anything. I did update to the latest IOS today.

I'm striking this up as an alignment of heavenly bodies. I passed TWO Air GTs at different times on my way from San Jose to Novato.

Emailed CS and an hour later it was downloading!
I don't know how fast I actually got the update because it was ~6 hours after emailing that I checked the car and I never got a push notification on the app, but they responded to my email 6 minutes after I sent it. Impressive!

CarPlay arrived for me Saturday. Works as well as expected.

I did discover something wild with the Amazon app. I was listening to Music through CarPlay and accidentally switched to the Amazon app on my phone. The audio cut out briefly, then returned at a lower fidelity while the internal phone mic turned on for the app…

- T

Did not know Siri could do that. I have the myQ as well. I will need to add that to the HomeKit, correct? Thanks.

I use MyQ Homebridge to get MyQ to work with Apple Home app (homekit); you can also use HOOBS. I have both but MyQ Homebridge works better. Setup is non-intuitive but MyQ customer support is fantastic.

Emailed CS and an hour later it was downloading!

Science Experiment status: Still no update!

I'm assuming anyone who doesn't have it by now fell through the cracks.

I use MyQ Homebridge to get MyQ to work with Apple Home app (homekit); you can also use HOOBS. I have both but MyQ Homebridge works better. Setup is non-intuitive but MyQ customer support is fantastic.

I could NOT get my Lucid's HomeLink working. I have MyQ as well.

PITA that MyQ has no native Siri/Alexa support. I went through a bunch of hoops and finally got both Alexa & Siri working. Now it will open & close the two garage doors as well as the Frunk & Trunk.

Experiment's over!

As of about 30 minutes ago, I got the push notification that 2.0.58 was downloaded & ready to install!

It may have taken a long time to download since the car is not connected to Wi-Fi.

Now that it’s here I appreciate the Lucid native apps and display a lot more. The music quality in the tidal native UI app is superior (I have converted wholesale to tidal) and i’ve now grown fond of the native map too (haven’t had any issues so far), even the phone interface and alexa work fine now on the Air (alexa on the lucid seems to behave better than on the R1t).

Now that it’s here I appreciate the Lucid native apps and display a lot more. The music quality in the tidal native UI app is superior (I have converted wholesale to tidal) and i’ve now grown fond of the native map too (haven’t had any issues so far), even the phone interface and alexa work fine now on the Air (alexa on the lucid seems to behave better than on the R1t).
I too like native Lucid Interface a lot more. The big plus of CarPlay for me personally is reading messages by Siri from different messenger apps and have assorted phone apps can be accessed on screen without holding phone driving.

I too like native Lucid Interface a lot more. The big plus of CarPlay for me personally is reading messages by Siri from different messenger apps and have assorted phone apps can be accessed on screen without holding phone driving.
My only gripe is not being able to use Tidal for full potential. Not able to like, favorite songs etc...

And Tidal has a con too that it's not integrated as well as Spotify. You know when you're listening to music on Spotify and it opens the app but shows you "listening to music on 'other' device"
You can still view that song as it's playing on other device and control it, like it, add to album etc...
So you can use both simultaneously.

Not on Tidal. I just want to be able to favorite and add to album to build my Playlist. That's my only gripe.

My biggest issue with Lucid’s native UX is that it won’t show the full navigation info (map and directions) and the current music info at the same time. The closest is to have limited driving directions on the right side of speedometer while the music info is on the cockpit panel.

With CarPlay, the one key advantage is that I can use Waze (which I trust way way more than Lucid’s GPS) and then I can see the music info and navigation at the same time. The downside is that bottom screen is now wasted, plus the right side of the speedometer is now back to showing the benign “Air” logo.

Back