CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Is this heresy? It seems right to me. If you use a navigation app via CarPlay, it’s a single tiny screen. The Lucid navigation app gives you a large Pilot Panel overview plus the turn-by-turn directions right where you need them, in the middle-right Cockpit display. No comparison.

All the more reason the right-hand Cockpit display should remain free for music or whatever other CarPlay apps you need. Since CarPlay lives only in that right-hand cockpit display, I see no reason it should interfere with my preference for leaving the navigation map in the Pilot Panel.
+1 for me. I always had the minority opinion that CarPlay is not a big feature, even though I am fully committed to the Apple ecosystem with all my other devices.

I would, however, like to see Apple Music integrated into the Lucid UX

Still waiting for download! 😭

Me too. Car still at detailer's.

If I were you, I'd ping CS. Unless there is some reward for being last?

I gave in to temptation and have emailed customer care asking for the update to be pushed.

Update: the black font problem in Calendar (mentioned in my video) is now solved! I updated my phone to 16.4 last night and all is well. They also made some significant updates to the podcast app on CarPlay as well.

I emailed customer care last night and the OTA was waiting for me when I got up this morning.

Since I don't have the car, I'm going to see how long it takes. FOR SCIENCE!

But if I still don't have it when I get the car back (by Friday, I hope) I will ask for it to be pushed.

On a slightly different subject, has anyone noticed how hot the back side of the upper curved display panel gets or is this something more specific to my car, my upper curve display panel gets almost burning hot to the touch?
Normal.
Google maps is available an CarPlay and works fine. The original post was asking if he could have Google maps be the default when tapping a calendar item. That will always go to Apple Maps.
@steveairgt @Bobby You can say “Give me driving directions to [wherever] using Google Maps” and it will launch Google Maps directly. Siri is hooked into your calendar and contacts, so you can say things like “Take me to {[my next appointment | [contact name]’s house | The nearest Burger King]} using Google Maps” and they’ll all work.

Never had luck with CarPlay wirelessly. Even if I go to the settings tab, the CarPlay symbol just doesn’t show up.
On your phone, go to Settings -> General -> CarPlay -> LUCID and ensure the CarPlay toggle is turned on.

Update: the black font problem in Calendar (mentioned in my video) is now solved! I updated my phone to 16.4 last night and all is well. They also made some significant updates to the podcast app on CarPlay as well.
Bobby, I hope you will be able to address this is issue. Prior to installing car play I was using the MyQ app via Siri to close my garage door and this worked great, did not have to use the Lucid interface and loose my backup camera. Since installing carplay I am unable to connect via Siri while in the car. If I am outside of the car not connected to Car Play it works normally. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Bobby, I hope you will be able to address this is issue. Prior to installing car play I was using the MyQ app via Siri to close my garage door and this worked great, did not have to use the Lucid interface and loose my backup camera. Since installing carplay I am unable to connect via Siri while in the car. If I am outside of the car not connected to Car Play it works normally. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Are your garages appearing in your Home app (not MyQ)?

Yes, garage is appearing in home app and also checked that the privacy restrictions is enabled in car play
So, let me get this straight… If you are sitting in your car and CarPlay is running and you say "Hey Siri, close the garage door," nothing happens? But if you're standing outside your garage and say the same thing to your phone while not connected to CarPlay it works properly?

So, let me get this straight… If you are sitting in your car and CarPlay is running and you say "Hey Siri, close the garage door," nothing happens? But if you're standing outside your garage and say the same thing to your phone while not connected to CarPlay it works properly?
I have that happening as well, and figured it out. Siri uses the Meros app on my phone to control our garage door through our home WiFi. When CarPlay is running, the car and phone are on an ad hoc network and not the house WiFi, so cannot talk to the Meros controller on the garage door. It helps that Siri says "communications error" or something like that when this happens.

I have that happening as well, and figured it out. Siri uses the Meros app on my phone to control our garage door through our home WiFi. When CarPlay is running, the car and phone are on an ad hoc network and not the house WiFi, so cannot talk to the Meros controller on the garage door. It helps that Siri says "communications error" or something like that when this happens.
I should have said a little more. Arriving home, I open the garage when I'm about a block away, and this always works, with the phone using cellular data to talk to our Meros garage door controller. It also works when the phone is on the house WiFi, somehow figuring out that it can talk directly to the controller which is also on the house WiFi rather than going across the internet. But if I am home, but CarPlay is connected, then it can't talk to the controller. For some reason it thinks it can talk to it directly, but fails.

Hi
I just updated my phone to 16.4, but when I go into the car and bring up CarPlay, I still see black font in the calendar entries. Did you need to do something to get the font changed? Thanks

Hi
I just updated my phone to 16.4, but when I go into the car and bring up CarPlay, I still see black font in the calendar entries. Did you need to do something to get the font changed? Thanks
Funny, mine was white this morning!

Are your garages appearing in your Home app (not MyQ)?
Checked both of your suggestions but still no luck. I went into the car again and when Car Play not active it Siri worked fine but when Car play was active it did not.

Checked both of your suggestions but still no luck. I went into the car again and when Car Play not active it Siri worked fine but when Car play was active it did not.
Have you tried removing your phone entirely from the menu in the car and adding it back as a new device?

If that doesn't work, try:
  1. switch the Siri language from English (US) to English (UK)
  2. switch the keyboard from English (US) to English (UK)
  3. Turn off Dictation and Auto-Punctuation
  4. RESTART PHONE
  5. switch all the settings back in reverse order

Have you tried removing your phone entirely from the menu in the car and adding it back as a new device?

If that doesn't work, try:
  1. switch the Siri language from English (US) to English (UK)
  2. switch the keyboard from English (US) to English (UK)
  3. Turn off Dictation and Auto-Punctuation
  4. RESTART PHONE
  5. switch all the settings back in reverse order
I will try that but did you note the above post from Maractwin as he has the same issue and seems to have identified the issue.

"I have that happening as well, and figured it out. Siri uses the Meros app on my phone to control our garage door through our home WiFi. When CarPlay is running, the car and phone are on an ad hoc network and not the house WiFi, so cannot talk to the Meros controller on the garage door. It helps that Siri says "communications error" or something like that when this happens."
"I should have said a little more. Arriving home, I open the garage when I'm about a block away, and this always works, with the phone using cellular data to talk to our Meros garage door controller. It also works when the phone is on the house WiFi, somehow figuring out that it can talk directly to the controller which is also on the house WiFi rather than going across the internet. But if I am home, but CarPlay is connected, then it can't talk to the controller. For some reason it thinks it can talk to it directly, but fails. should have said a little more.

Back