CarPlay is here! - Megathread

0C687E32-9C54-4375-9CD8-C694EF631528.jpeg

Amen!

I wonder ... whether that's intended to hint at greater things to come, on multiple screens, when 'new carplay' launches?

That UI has a couple of interesting items:

• What is the under side of the vehicle representation mean?
  • There also appears to be a lap timer / G-force indicator, I wonder if this will be specific to Sapphire, note that the Pilot panel has a Sapphire displayed
  • Time is shown in the glass cockpit above CP, as we know this has been removed.

That UI has a couple of interesting items:

• What is the under side of the vehicle representation mean?
  • There also appears to be a lap timer / G-force indicator, I wonder if this will be specific to Sapphire, note that the Pilot panel has a Sapphire displayed
  • Time is shown in the glass cockpit above CP, as we know this has been removed.
That is a picture/representation of the Sapphire interior.

Does the article add anything we don’t already know?
The article in Apple Magazine goes over some basic stuff and has some unrelated CarPlay (disturbing) information such as
The Air also features advanced driver-assistance technology. The company is working on Level 3 self-driving abilities, which are expected to be offered within three years through over-the-air updates.

The article in Apple Magazine goes over some basic stuff and has some unrelated CarPlay (disturbing) information such as
The Air also features advanced driver-assistance technology. The company is working on Level 3 self-driving abilities, which are expected to be offered within three years through over-the-air updates.
Last two days the apple car play icon does not appear on the home screen. When I press and hold the mic button on steering wheel, car play appears for a minute. Then the display reverts to home screen with the car play icon. Tried profile change and blinker reset, it did not resolve problem.

Last two days the apple car play icon does not appear on the home screen. When I press and hold the mic button on steering wheel, car play appears for a minute. Then the display reverts to home screen with the car play icon. Tried profile change and blinker reset, it did not resolve problem.
You may want to unpair your phone with the car and set up CarPlay per the release notes.

Never had luck with CarPlay wirelessly. Even if I go to the settings tab, the CarPlay symbol just doesn’t show up.
Turns out I just had to update my iOS to 16.4
It fixed all my problems. I feel like Lucid should somewhere say that 16.3 doesn’t support CarPlay.

Turns out I just had to update my iOS to 16.4
It fixed all my problems. I feel like Lucid should somewhere say that 16.3 doesn’t support CarPlay.
I had 16.3.1 on my iPhone and CP was working, but flaky ... Updating now to 16.4 to see if it improves. Am still having connection issues that require profile switch.

I had 2 or 3 days where CarPlay wouldn’t show up in my cockpit panel, even though CarPlay would show up as connected in my pilot panel. I’d have to turn CarPlay off in the pilot panel, and then turn it back on, which brought it back immediately. Even the Bobby Reset wouldn’t solve the problem!

After a few days of just the regular car reset, it seems to have fixed itself.

Is it normal for Car Play to just pop up for a minute or so on the right screen and then go away when it is not engaged? I have also had maps show up when Apple is automatically navigating me ‘to home’. Kind of an irritation. If it wasnt for Kindle, podcasts etc I think I would try to delete its function.

Apple does not automatically navigate you.

My only gripe is not being able to use Tidal for full potential. Not able to like, favorite songs etc...

And Tidal has a con too that it's not integrated as well as Spotify. You know when you're listening to music on Spotify and it opens the app but shows you "listening to music on 'other' device"
You can still view that song as it's playing on other device and control it, like it, add to album etc...
So you can use both simultaneously.

Not on Tidal. I just want to be able to favorite and add to album to build my Playlist. That's my only gripe.
Yeah, that's really annoying for me. We have a whole house audio system and it makes it a pain to skip tracks or change the volume. You have to go into the app instead of just picking up the phone. I looked around and Tidal says they have no plans to change that behavior.

Finally, finally, finally. I have my Stella back. And I got to try CarPlay for myself. It is glorious.

Set up immediately with no issues. Sounds great, even over wireless.

Went dark maps, always dark, black background. As others suggested. Blends best with the Lucid UI that way.

One view I’m not sure was mentioned here, which may help some folks who like to multitask. If it was already, apologies.

If you go to the icon grid, then swipe right until you go past the first screen of icons, you get this Split View that will show you your map, next turn, and currently playing song.

IMG_1684.jpeg

Finally, finally, finally. I have my Stella back. And I got to try CarPlay for myself. It is glorious.

Set up immediately with no issues. Sounds great, even over wireless.

Went dark maps, always dark, black background. As others suggested. Blends best with the Lucid UI that way.

One view I’m not sure was mentioned here, which may help some folks who like to multitask. If it was already, apologies.

If you go to the icon grid, then swipe right until you go past the first screen of icons, you get this Split View that will show you your map, next turn, and currently playing song.

View attachment 11211
Agree and furthermore that screen will automatically adjust to display things it thinks you might want to see.

Finally activated CarPlay today! It was, okay. Lucid’s installation and integration of CarPlay into the UI was certainly a welcome surprise.
A smoother user experience than I was expecting.

I’m such a creature of habit. It’s nice to have as an option, I just don’t see myself switching over from the native Lucid apps. At least not wholesale, and not right now.

Installed Car Play and for my first drive it worked well. However once I exited the car and got back in 1 hr later, it won’t activate no matter whether I log out from my profile or unpaid the phone etc. so out of 4 dofferent times I’ve used the car today, it’s only worked once.

I had taken off my phone holder and my charging cable and juts reinstalled them. Can’t depend on something that only works 25% of the time

Back