CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Installed Car Play and for my first drive it worked well. However once I exited the car and got back in 1 hr later, it won’t activate no matter whether I log out from my profile or unpaid the phone etc. so out of 4 dofferent times I’ve used the car today, it’s only worked once.

I had taken off my phone holder and my charging cable and juts reinstalled them. Can’t depend on something that only works 25% of the time
It has worked fine for me. Is your phone updated to the latest version?

I have had some various glitches with CarPlay, all cured with a reboot, but it’s frustrating. Twice, since CarPlay had been installed, I have no sound. Can’t play music from the car or from CarPlay. I have to pull over, park, get out of the car, lock and reset, before I can get any sound. Never happened before CarPlay. That is the most frustrating to me but it has only happened twice.

I have also had cases where CarPlay won’t load, either from the connections screen or from the Home Screen in the car.. I will just drive down the road and 5-10 minutes later, the CarPlay appears on my screen in place of the Lucid display. It’s baffling to me. The failure to load is the most common. Happened several times on our trip. I’ll have to start directions in the Lucid NAV. They then disappear when CarPlay finally loads. It is all like the software glitches I experienced with the car user interface 1.0 version. I figure they will get these ironed out as they walkways do, but it is not as reliable as the CarPlay on my Leaf, for example. However, when it works as it should, it is fantastic.

Yes I read that thread and updated it to iOS 16.4. No difference 🤷🏽‍♂️

Have you tried car’s Settings -> Connections -> Bluetooth option and clicked CarPlay icon?

Have you tried car’s Settings -> Connections -> Bluetooth option and clicked CarPlay icon?
For me, if CarPlay refuses to load, neither that nor clicking on the CarPlay from the home button on the upper screen will load it. It eventually will usually load if I give it 5-10 minutes of driving. It’s an occasional glitch and I am sure will be fixed in a future update.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m surprised that Lucid’s CP implementation passed Apple certification considering that Apple is very picky about performance. I’m happy that it’s finally here, and when it works, it’s great; however, it is very glitchy as others are reporting. Let’s hope an update will arrive quickly.

On a separate note, I just got the Carlinkit T2C CP adapter for my Model S and am surprised how well it works considering it’s using a local hotspot and browser method to implement.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m surprised that Lucid’s CP implementation passed Apple certification considering that Apple is very picky about performance. I’m happy that it’s finally here, and when it works, it’s great; however, it is very glitchy as others are reporting. Let’s hope an update will arrive quickly.

On a separate note, I just got the Carlinkit T2C CP adapter for my Model S and am surprised how well it works considering it’s using a local hotspot and browser method to implement.
Issues tend to be over-represented in a forum like this. Most people I know are not having any issues. Mine’s working very well.

I am indifferent to CarPlay, yet it pops up without fail, every single time. It’s rock solid! It shows up even when I don’t want it to.

It might help that my phone is relatively new (iPhone 12 or 13, can’t remember which), and updated.

Here’s to a prompt update that corrects all the glitches.

CarPlay worked well for about 2 days and now constantly drops or won’t load. Updated my iPhone and repeatedly deleted the device and added back again with no improvement. 😫

Installed Car Play and for my first drive it worked well. However once I exited the car and got back in 1 hr later, it won’t activate no matter whether I log out from my profile or unpaid the phone etc. so out of 4 dofferent times I’ve used the car today, it’s only worked once.

I had taken off my phone holder and my charging cable and juts reinstalled them. Can’t depend on something that only works 25% of the time
I have experienced the same problem. I could get car play back by pressing and holding the mic button. Also car play tends to work if it was on when I shut down the car.

CarPlay worked well for about 2 days and now constantly drops or won’t load. Updated my iPhone and repeatedly deleted the device and added back again with no improvement. 😫
My carplay stopped working also a few days ago. I contacted service, disconnected/reconnected phone, updated and reset the phone, key card reset the car, and ultimately after an evening chatting with service a “Bobby” profile reset was the trick. Good luck, after only a week with CarPlay I missed it when it was gone.

In at least one sense, I think CarPlay may work better in the Lucid than in my wife's Audi. Full disclosure... I have barely driven the Audi since taking delivery of my Lucid and I haven't used CarPlay in the Lucid hardly at all... That said, I can be using the Lucid interface (music or nav) having not intentionally used CarPlay but it I get a text, CarPlay pops up and reads it to me, then goes away. If I want to respond, I can long press on the microphone button, siri comes up and I can respond. Again, I haven't driven the Audi in a while... but I would swear that I had to have CarPlay actually for at least the first part to work.

I couldn't get the Lucid UI to work with my Phone (for texts and contacts) prior to the CarPlay update. Now, I don't care. CarPlay has worked flawlessly in this way even though I'm using the Lucid UX for everything else so far. Very satisfied with at least this use case.

CarPlay has been rock solid for me. It is a much better interface than in my 2020 Porsche Taycan. CP has been a great add in my view.

My carplay stopped working also a few days ago. I contacted service, disconnected/reconnected phone, updated and reset the phone, key card reset the car, and ultimately after an evening chatting with service a “Bobby” profile reset was the trick. Good luck, after only a week with CarPlay I missed it when it was gone.
Tried Bobby reset and didn’t work but was able to get it working by going into iPhone settings General>CarPlay and deleting Lucid and resetting up from scratch. Hopefully it will stick 🤞

Purchased a Carlinkit 12.0 8GB+128GB, 8-Core unit off Amazon. Initially, because of the odd-shaped screen a lot of icons and menu items were not visible. I worked with their support team and yesterday got a firmware update that uses the same screen real estate as CarPlay. Check out the results using the Plex app accessing my Plex server!

Attachments

• IMG_1732.mov
    9 MB
Purchased a Carlinkit 12.0 8GB+128GB, 8-Core unit off Amazon. Initially, because of the odd-shaped screen a lot of icons and menu items were not visible. I worked with their support team and yesterday got a firmware update that uses the same screen real estate as CarPlay. Check out the results using the Plex app accessing my Plex server!
Not seeing your video, this is for a Tesla, right?

This is pretty neat! I guess Carlink uses the hardwired USB connection, pretending that's it's an iPhone and then puts up whatever it wants, including CarPlay.... So it's something like iPhone (via Wifi)->Carlink (via USB)->Lucid

Back