CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Hmmm… That makes me wonder… Is your Tesla trying to pick up CarPlay and the phone confused? I’ve had this happen in the past with another car when I walk in the garage.
No, that’s not the case. My Tesla doesn’t have PAK, so it only wakes up when I have the Tesla key fob with me. Note, I’m also only using the key fob for the LUCID and not PAK.. The Carlinkit kit will only power on when the vehicle is unlocked. So there is no conflict between the Tesla and LUCID for Bluetooth

Since I have been unable to get CP to work after the very first time it did post the Updated system, any suggestions ? I updated iOS to 16.4 but that hasn't made a difference. Neither does pressing CP on the big screen. And CP doesnt show up as an option on the devices menu. Is there a wired CP option on the Lucid ? If so how does that work ? Thanx

Since I have been unable to get CP to work after the very first time it did post the Updated system, any suggestions ? I updated iOS to 16.4 but that hasn't made a difference. Neither does pressing CP on the big screen. And CP doesnt show up as an option on the devices menu. Is there a wired CP option on the Lucid ? If so how does that work ? Thanx
Plug it in.

No, that’s not the case. My Tesla doesn’t have PAK, so it only wakes up when I have the Tesla key fob with me. Note, I’m also only using the key fob for the LUCID and not PAK.. The Carlinkit kit will only power on when the vehicle is unlocked. So there is no conflict between the Tesla and LUCID for Bluetooth
But your tesla has Bluetooth, right? What is PAK?

But your tesla has Bluetooth, right? What is PAK?
The car is completely off and no power to the Carlinkit device when the car is off. I can confirm as I can see it through the front window

The car is completely off and no power to the Carlinkit device when the car is off. I can confirm as I can see it through the front window
Does your CarPlay in the Lucid work properly when you are not at home? Approaching it in a parking lot for example? Just trying to figure out if there’s any interference.

Does your CarPlay in the Lucid work properly when you are not at home? Approaching it in a parking lot for example? Just trying to figure out if there’s any interference.
I have seen it not connect outside of the home as well, but does seem to fail more at home. My phone only has connection to my iWatch, there are no other persistent BT connections. Maybe related the longer sleep cycle of the vehicle at home. As I mentioned in another thread, would be good if Lucid had a method to report bugs and pull logs at the time of the event.

I have seen it not connect outside of the home as well, but does seem to fail more at home. My phone only has connection to my iWatch, there are no other persistent BT connections. Maybe related the longer sleep cycle of the vehicle at home. As I mentioned in another thread, would be good if Lucid had a method to report bugs and pull logs at the time of the event.
I don’t disagree with you. I think that would be great. But the reality is, they don’t. So I am trying to compile as much information about bugs here as I possibly can and I will send them a letter. They do observe this forum so I think giving them as much detail about any bug as we possibly can is a good idea as opposed to just calling it out.

I don’t disagree with you. I think that would be great. But the reality is, they don’t. So I am trying to compile as much information about bugs here as I possibly can and I will send them a letter. They do observe this forum so I think giving them as much detail about any bug as we possibly can is a good idea as opposed to just calling it out.
I completely agree! Here’s another test I just performed.

I opened the BT menu on my iPhone before approaching the vehicle with my fob. The vehicle has been off for about 18 hours. Once the vehicle unlocked, I opened the door and a few seconds later I saw the BT connection to the vehicle followed by a disconnection on my iPhone. This indicated that the CP handshake occurred; however, the CP option did not display on the upper right corner of the Glass Cockpit home menu. I then went to the audio menu in the Glass Cockpit, and CP appeared as an available input source; when I tapped the CP input, CP UI opened to the last app I was running (SXM). I’d be more than happy to engage with Lucid engineering if they wanted to do a deeper dive into what is happening in my environment. Thanks for helping to collect feedback on your end. Maybe they should give some of us JIRA access!! Lol.

I completely agree! Here’s another test I just performed.

I opened the BT menu on my iPhone before approaching the vehicle with my fob. The vehicle has been off for about 18 hours. Once the vehicle unlocked, I opened the door and a few seconds later I saw the BT connection to the vehicle followed by a disconnection on my iPhone. This indicated that the CP handshake occurred; however, the CP option did not display on the upper right corner of the Glass Cockpit home menu. I then went to the audio menu in the Glass Cockpit, and CP appeared as an available input source; when I tapped the CP input, CP UI opened to the last app I was running (SXM). I’d be more than happy to engage with Lucid engineering if they wanted to do a deeper dive into what is happening in my environment. Thanks for helping to collect feedback on your end. Maybe they should give some of us JIRA access!! Lol.
You would need to use another phone or camera to do it, of course, but it would be fantastic if you could make a couple short videos showing the various processes you mentioned. I am going to do a survey after this thread and the bugs thread mature a bit and get an idea of what percentage of respondents are experiencing each bug. I can certainly put videos within it.

Hi Everyone,

For those interested, I made a comment earlier in the thread on using an Android App called JBV1 with my Valentine One Gen 2 Radar Detector, using the CarlinKit device, for which I received a firmware update last Friday giving it the ability to reconfigure itself to the CarPlay screen footprint of the Lucid. I just spent a few minutes downloading JBV1, signing into Waze and modifying the JBV1 settings to display Waze on the dashboard. Attached is a picture of what it looks like - very nice IMO! This will be extremely useful while navigating on trips, keeping me alerted to not only radar guns but photo radar and the like (via Waze). Excited to start using it. Heading to Disney Springs tomorrow (about a 1 hour trip) and will have a chance to test out this integration.

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
Hi Everyone,

For those interested, I made a comment earlier in the thread on using an Android App called JBV1 with my Valentine One Gen 2 Radar Detector, using the CarlinKit device, for which I received a firmware update last Friday giving it the ability to reconfigure itself to the CarPlay screen footprint of the Lucid. I just spent a few minutes downloading JBV1, signing into Waze and modifying the JBV1 settings to display Waze on the dashboard. Attached is a picture of what it looks like - very nice IMO! This will be extremely useful while navigating on trips, keeping me alerted to not only radar guns but photo radar and the like (via Waze). Excited to start using it. Heading to Disney Springs tomorrow (about a 1 hour trip) and will have a chance to test out this integration.

I just want to use HBOMax and NetFlix, for that, I’ll check out Carlinkit device.

I just want to use HBOMax and NetFlix, for that, I’ll check out Carlinkit device.
For the price, just get an iPad and bring it with you. And it has so many other uses!

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious on the full integration and setup, do you have a guide or tutorial?

I saw your previous post, the link didn't work for me

But what is needed to make it work?

The Carlinkit simply plugs into either one of the USB connections. Once it boots, the Lucid thinks it’s communicating to a direct wired iPhone. Attaching some additional photos of it running. There’s an Android app that will connect to your iPhone and allow you to run actual CarPlay through this device. So far it’s working really well.

Attachments

• IMG_1817.jpeg
    IMG_1817.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1816.jpeg
    IMG_1816.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1815.jpeg
    IMG_1815.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1814.jpeg
    IMG_1814.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
The Carlinkit simply plugs into either one of the USB connections. Once it boots, the Lucid thinks it’s communicating to a direct wired iPhone. Attaching some additional photos of it running. There’s an Android app that will connect to your iPhone and allow you to run actual CarPlay through this device. So far it’s working really well.
So do you need an android device and a iPhone for this to work?
Or is the carlinkit the thing that's running the android app?

And does android auto work too?

So do you need an android device and a iPhone for this to work?
Or is the carlinkit the thing that's running the android app?

And does android auto work too?
Carlinkit runs Android and can run virtually any app available to an android phone. It has the ability to emulate CarPlay and/or Android Auto. Because the Lucid currently only supports CarPlay, once connected via the USB the Lucid thinks the device is an actual iPhone. As you can see in the pictures, the device then does its magic and displays its Android screen. One of the apps actually connects to your iPhone and runs CarPlay, so you don’t lose any CarPlay capability, you only gain from the ability to run whatever android apps you want to install. Another example - I installed ExpressVPN and once connected to a UK server I can navigate to the Channel 4 web page (My4), and stream their live Channels and recorded content.

Carlinkit runs Android and can run virtually any app available to an android phone. It has the ability to emulate CarPlay and/or Android Auto. Because the Lucid currently only supports CarPlay, once connected via the USB the Lucid thinks the device is an actual iPhone. As you can see in the pictures, the device then does its magic and displays its Android screen. One of the apps actually connects to your iPhone and runs CarPlay, so you don’t lose any CarPlay capability, you only gain from the ability to run whatever android apps you want to install. Another example - I installed ExpressVPN and once connected to a UK server I can navigate to the Channel 4 web page (My4), and stream their live Channels and recorded content.
Thanks for the additional info. This is looking like a very good solution.

Where did you hide the carlinkit?

It just plugs into one of the usb ports and stays inside the center console

Back