Can you access a browser on either of the Lucid’s screens ?

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
Really want to use Waze and I’m the absence of a browser need to find a mount that would work for my iPhone. Any suggestions on either ?

Don't know the answer to your question, unfortunately.

However, once CarPlay comes - you should be able to use Waze.

I seriously hope it’s “when” and not “if”. Lucid has started to seriously bring out the pessimist in me.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.29.21 PM.png

src: https://www.lucidmotors.com/air/connectivity

CarPlay is basically confirmed, just not time table.

I seriously hope it’s “when” and not “if”. Lucid has started to seriously bring out the pessimist in me.

The car is fantastic. We have no reason to suspect CarPlay isn’t on its way.

The minor software issues are minor annoyances, not major gripes.

No car is perfect, period.

The car is fantastic as far as driving goes. I thoroughly enjoyed my test drive, so much so my wife felt she had to remind me that this was not my car I was driving. If it wasn’t such a great driver, I would have cancelled my order.

Wait, did you actually use that mount? What can you even stick it on? With the Alcantara...there is no smooth surface lol

Haha I use it in my Mazda and it’s great. I don’t use a mount in my Lucid because I’m fine with waiting for CarPlay.

It’s a great mount though.

So what will come first, CarPlay or my car? Still waiting on the VIN!

So what will come first, CarPlay or my car? Still waiting on the VIN!

Unlucky combo of gray + santa cruz, but the good news is that both are in production and you're not having to wait around for silver. (I've only seen two Santa Cruz VIN assignments of the many within November)

Unlucky combo of gray + santa cruz, but the good news is that both are in production and you're not having to wait around for silver. (I've only seen two Santa Cruz VIN assignments of the many within November)
What did I miss? “Unluck combo of gray + Santa cruz”. What does this mean? That’s my combo!

What did I miss? “Unluck combo of gray + Santa cruz”. What does this mean? That’s my combo!
Both the color and interior faced delays so people without these specs jumped ahead of others. I've got the Santa Cruz interior so fell into that category but from what my DA told me yesterday I should have my VIN in the upcoming days as the car is moving through the factory. The impression I got was that the November \ December customers got the raw deal of waiting longer but me sitting in the January batch wasn't impacted as much. Having said that, it's all words from the DA at the moment so if I don't have a VIN by next Friday then it's safe to say they've learnt nothing about upfront communication. We will see.......

Santa Cruz Interior with any exterior color was delayed. Grey exterior with any interior color was delayed. It has been reported that both are now "in production". There have been exterior colors other than grey with Santa Cruz interior that have recently received VIN's. Nobody to my knowledge has received a VIN that ordered Grey exterior.

So, as @HC_79 alluded to above, there are quite a few customers that ordered Grey or Santa Cruz and confirmed in November that are watching those with Red, Black or White with other interior selections get their VIN's. It is not pleasant to be in that group (and I am one of them), but there really isn't much you can do as they appear to be at the cusp of changing that and any deviation from Grey and/or Santa Cruz now may likely result in a longer delay than sticking with the original selection.

Last edited:
It means you will most likely have a longer wait. They apparently haven’t started any grey paint yet and the Santa Cruz interior appears to be having carpet supply problems. Hopefully will change soon.

Back