Buffalo and WNY

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Figured we should have our own thread out here in the (almost) mid-west! Where are we at with deliveries and orders WNY peeps?

Does Albany area count? LOL!

Absolutely! Mostly because I grew up in Nisky and my folks still live there. I'll be visiting mom for her birthday this weekend! You're waiting for your Air still, right?

Excellent! I live in Rexford, so right across the bridge from Nisky.

Yes, my original timeframe given was 2-5 months from 5/10, so we're coming up on 4 months.

For a GT or Touring? And did you reserve on 5/10 or confirm your order?

I originally reserved a Touring in September of 2020, but then upgraded to GT and confirmed that order on 5/10.

Too bad you didn't get it yet. I'd definitely cross the Mohawk to see it!

I just heard from mu DA....I am taking a cancelled Quantum Gray, Mojave, 21" instead of the black. He said I may have it as soon as 2 weeks. I'll let you know if/when I get it.

Excellent news! I'll tell my dad to keep an eye out for it as he tools around in his M3 convertible smoking his cigars 😂

I just heard from mu DA....I am taking a cancelled Quantum Gray, Mojave, 21" instead of the black. He said I may have it as soon as 2 weeks. I'll let you know if/when I get it.
Clock is ticking... any news?

Sorry, forgot about this thread. I was NOT able to take the canceled Gray because my car was already in production. My car is in Goose island now and has passed inspection. I am working now on financing with hope of getting car in next week or so.

So not much of a delay and you are getting your own car. That's great! I'm really interested in following your progress with getting the car, getting it registered in NY etc...

Have you spoken to a professional about still getting the tax credit?

No. I have a CPA who will handle everything but I see no reason I won't get tax credit.

No. I have a CPA who will handle everything but I see no reason I won't get tax credit.
There's been a lot of discussion on various threads about whether or not changing our reservations to orders and making our reservation fees non-refundable deposits meets the IRS criteria of a binding contract. The IRS used an example of 5% of the purchase price which I don't think any of us had as deposits. You are the first person I'm aware of on here that is taking delivery after the IRA was signed and changes made. We all want to be part of the "transition" rule in the IRA so we get the credit. But, I guess none of us will really know until we do our taxes next year, right? 🤔

Right, but I'll have actually purchased mine, so no need to worry about any of that.

I thought the transition rule applied to any car ordered before the IRA was signed but delivered after. Do you understand it differently?

It is my understanding if you take delivery this year, you have zero issues.

Resurrecting an old thread… Live near Rochester and took delivery of a Zenith Red Pure this week. It‘s been great so far!
A Bengals fan in WNY 🤔😂 lol

Welcome to the group! Where near Rochester? Good chance you'll see me on the roads in my silver touring. I cover all of WNY for work.

Back