BMW I7 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no faith in Edmunds any more… they used to be a great outfit but their “journalism“ leaves a lot to be desired.

Last 2 Edmund reviewers are even worse. Not sure what is their agenda.

The only thing I see BMW i7 winning is backseat reclining and theater mode. But, everything else, I have give it to Lucid Air. No frunk for lack of storage space is necessary very turn off to me.

What a biased review. I literally chose between these two cars when I bought this year, and the pros outweighed the cons for the AGT than the i7. As a huge bimmer fan and current owner, the Air is a much superior BEV than the i7 other than the luxury interior and design that BMW is known for this class. But, I don't think my AGT is significantly less luxurious than this review makes it out to be. Watching the review, it felt as if he wanted to bash the Air every chance he had and unnecessarily praise the i7 in areas that are less important for a BEV. 🤔

I got tired of listening to the one sided review halfway through. Most of the car reviewing companies are going to pot at this point. You could trust their views a few years ago, but maybe it is because I actually own a vehicle they are on a mission to destroy that has opened my eyes.

I got tired of listening to the one sided review halfway through. Most of the car reviewing companies are going to pot at this point. You could trust their views a few years ago, but maybe it is because I actually own a vehicle they are on a mission to destroy that has opened my eyes.
It truly makes me wonder why. What is the hidden agenda?

I truly makes me wonder why. What is the hidden agenda?
Money, Money, and more Money. A LOT of people have their retirements tied up in Tesla stock or mutual funds that have Tesla stock. Tesla needs to remain profitable and overvalued otherwise, good luck to everyone who has any retirement account.

Money, Money, and more Money. A LOT of people have their retirements tied up in Tesla stock or mutual funds that have Tesla stock. Tesla needs to remain profitable and overvalued otherwise, good luck to everyone who has any retirement account.

Diversification.

The stopping distance of the i7 is very impressive for the weight!

Ok, I had no interest in watching the video until I read these comments and wanted to see how biased Edmunds is, so I watched it to the very end.

I think that the i7 is butt ugly and would never buy one, but the video and the Edmunds conclusions seem well balanced and accurate, at least to me.

Last edited:
Ok, I had no interest in watching the video until I read these comments and wanted to see how biased Edmunds is, so I watched it to the very end.

I think that the i7 is butt ugly and would never buy one, but the video and the Edmunds conclusions seem well balanced and accurate, at least to me.
100% agree. Respect the engineering even if butt ugly!

100% agree. Respect the engineering even if butt ugly!
If it were so well engineered, why is there no frunk? That seems to me POOR engineering.

If it were so well engineered, why is there no frunk? That seems to me POOR engineering.
I would gladly give up the frunk in my DE for all of the things that the i7 does better.

I would gladly give up the frunk in my DE for all of the things that the i7 does better.
Serious question: why don’t you?

That’s not meant as a jab, honest!

But if you prefer the i7 and all the “things it does better” (of which there are definitely some!) why not buy it and sell the Air?

What things does the Air do that keeps you with it over the i7, and what things do you prefer about the i7? Just curious.

What a biased review. I literally chose between these two cars when I bought this year, and the pros outweighed the cons for the AGT than the i7. As a huge bimmer fan and current owner, the Air is a much superior BEV than the i7 other than the luxury interior and design that BMW is known for this class. But, I don't think my AGT is significantly less luxurious than this review makes it out to be. Watching the review, it felt as if he wanted to bash the Air every chance he had and unnecessarily praise the i7 in areas that are less important for a BEV. 🤔
I think I’m in the minority here who thinks it was a fair review. They own the GT, so I think they didn't have any kind of hidden agenda. Honestly, I can’t really argue with any of it and didn’t think he bashed Lucid anymore than he bashed BMW for the exterior styling, lack of a true EV chassis and clunky menu layouts.

You can’t really argue with the difference in luxury, tech and hands free driving. Personally, I’ll take lucid’s cool looks and performance, but I can see why he sees the BMW as being more premium. Every comparison I’ve seen has gone about the same way.

I think I’m in the minority here who thinks it was a fair review. They own the GT, so I think they didn't have any kind of hidden agenda. Honestly, I can’t really argue with any of it and didn’t think he bashed Lucid anymore than he bashed BMW for the exterior styling, lack of a true EV chassis and clunky menu layouts.

You can’t really argue with the difference in luxury, tech and hands free driving. Personally, I’ll take lucid’s cool looks and performance, but I can see why he sees the BMW as being more premium. Every comparison I’ve seen has gone about the same way.
The comments about range prediction with navigation are months out of date. I agree with their comment prior to recent updates but the range prediction is currently spot on. Edmuds has a history of pushing out of date information about Lucid and not correcting it. One example is the delays in boot up and reverse camera that they were still pushing a month ago. The rear seat comparison was behind the driver seat in the Lucid and behind the front passenger seat pushed all of the forward in the BMW. They should compare with the same front seat setup. The reviewer was in awe of the BMW sunscreens but failed to show them on the Lucid. The big theater screen and reclining seats are nice but is is not anything that I am interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back