BMW I7 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's no possible way for me to get involved with any of this. I joined the forum last year to see IN the Lucid Air Sapphire through the pre production prototyping phase on into production.

But I also wanted to hear OWNERS views about their own cars and I'm sure you've have hundreds of exchanges. All I can say is Thank You for the discussions and thoughts because it's a pleasure to see adults talking too etc!

Bravo keep it up!🙂

Another example of recline seat. This Chinese brand Immotor LS7 EV actually shamelessly took supply chain of Model-X windshield, Model-S yolk, Taycan’s pilot panel, BMW i7 theater mode without drop down TV screen.

Starting price tag? $45K USD. Now you can see Tesla stock is in tremendous selling pressure with price cuts in China now.
I will say that is somewhat of a great deal, even despite the knockoff parts.

To add to the list of copied things, look at the caddy celestiqs screen and then look at this one.

I think I’m in the minority here who thinks it was a fair review. They own the GT, so I think they didn't have any kind of hidden agenda. Honestly, I can’t really argue with any of it and didn’t think he bashed Lucid anymore than he bashed BMW for the exterior styling, lack of a true EV chassis and clunky menu layouts.

You can’t really argue with the difference in luxury, tech and hands free driving. Personally, I’ll take lucid’s cool looks and performance, but I can see why he sees the BMW as being more premium. Every comparison I’ve seen has gone about the same way.
I owned & put over 25K miles on my DE & now own a Stealth & also own an i7. Even though I like my DE & Stealth, but the i7 has a better ride & several more luxurious features that Lucid SHOULD HAVE. Lucid is definitely better than Tesla but that’s where it ends!!!

I owned & put over 25K miles on my DE & now own a Stealth & also own an i7. Even though I like my DE & Stealth, but the i7 has a better ride & several more luxurious features that Lucid SHOULD HAVE. Lucid is definitely better than Tesla but that’s where it ends!!!
Ride as in comfort I assume? Hard to imagine from a driving POV that it’s better..

The bmw is impressive but on a purely subjective point, the styling isn't for me. I wouldn't mind be driven around in one though!

As in Twitter, it appears we have very different tastes. I much prefer the ride of the Air over the i7, but I like sportier cars; the luxury is just the extremely impressive nugget on top.

The i7, to me, is yet another “lots of leather, lots of chrome, lots of gaudiness” sedan with very little thought put into the interior (as I see it); I’d say this is pretty evident by the sliced fingers on the speaker grille. That’s not to say it’s *bad*, just *not for me*, and that’s OK.

I’ll put it this way: if the interior of the Lucid were the same as the interior of the i7, I wouldn’t have bought the car.

As in Twitter, it appears we have very different tastes. I much prefer the ride of the Air over the i7, but I like sportier cars; the luxury is just the extremely impressive nugget on top.

The i7, to me, is yet another “lots of leather, lots of chrome, lots of gaudiness” sedan with very little thought put into the interior (as I see it); I’d say this is pretty evident by the sliced fingers on the speaker grille. That’s not to say it’s *bad*, just *not for me*, and that’s OK.

I’ll put it this way: if the interior of the Lucid were the same as the interior of the i7, I wouldn’t have bought the car.
Same here. I'm a bit jealous of some of the i7 features but the screen looks a bit tacked on (in all new BMW sedans) and all the crystal knobs look really gaudy to me. I didn't like the i7 exterior styling at first, but saw one in a flat dark grey on the road that looked pretty good.

I would gladly give up the frunk in my DE for all of the things that the i7 does better.
Heck, I would give up my frunk just for sight driving. It definitely looks like it got hit with the ugly stick though.

Heck, I would give up my frunk just for sight driving. It definitely looks like it got hit with the ugly stick though.

I don’t need other features, I would only give up my frunk for theater mode (screen and reclining seats) 😆

Wait, that means I would missed glass top! Nvm, I pass…

I don’t need other features, I would only give up my frunk for theater mode (screen and reclining seats) 😆

Wait, that means I would missed glass top! Nvm, I pass…
Navin R Johnson, and this remote!

I bought the Lucid because it's the best all rounded car PERIOD

Great range, great performance, decent charging curve, V2H, AND luxury

No other car comes close to that.

And that is the reason I have the Lucid.
I can road trip when I need to, track it when I need to, destroy other cars on the road when I want to, or relax and enjoy a great massage while cruising down the highway enjoying Utah Canyon roads.

I'll look at BMW when they have an EV with 500+ miles of range and 800 horsepower. It may take them a while.

106 kw battery for 321 miles of range...German Engineering my ass

I think it was a fair review. A lot of people don’t care about driving or efficiency, they just want the most luxurious interior possible(massaging rear seats, TV, maybe some people want “old luxury”). The i7 caters to that, and in my opinion is a great car. In fact, we are considering one over a lucid right now, as both are a similar price with dealer discounts.

In conclusion, don’t forget that reviewers are still human. They can have their own tastes! The only thing I wish is that the Lucius features and strengths were more accurately covered. Both are great cars. Both are very different in their approaches and audienc
BMW i7 ia an ICE car converted to an EV...it shows. 40cm longer than the Lucid. No frunk??. Whats the point in building a 150k EV that doesn't have a dedicated platform? Looks hugely unathletic. You have to admit, the lucid Air looks much better than an i7.

With regards to all that luxury in the back- I'm not buying a car so my backseet passenger can enjoy it. I want something that looks very nice and handles well. Lucid may not have the " disco interior " of the Germans, but it feels more airy inside and the choice of materials gives the interior some " lightness" . You get my point.

Lucid aerodynamics were worked on by a Red Bull F1 engineer, the chassis and suspension- the folks from Lotus. Lucid just made an electric BMW M5!!!! The EV version of the best sport sedan ever made. BMW missed the boat.....this is probably what went down..." maybe we can throw a lot of tech into it and people won't notice how we have fallen behind in EV technology "

If I'm going to be chauferred around, yep, I would buy the i7....but I drive my own car. That means Lucid hands down! Nothing comes close. Not even Tesla. Building an EV without a frunk is lazy German engineering.

41C7FEC0-C09F-4BE6-8DC4-0BC689A74BB5.jpeg

BMW i7 ia an ICE car converted to an EV...it shows. 40cm longer than the Lucid. No frunk??. Whats the point in building a 150k EV that doesn't have a dedicated platform? Looks hugely unathletic. You have to admit, the lucid Air looks much better than an i7.

With regards to all that luxury in the back- I'm not buying a car so my backseet passenger can enjoy it. I want something that looks very nice and handles well. Lucid may not have the " disco interior " of the Germans, but it feels more airy inside and the choice of materials gives the interior some " lightness" . You get my point.

Lucid aerodynamics were worked on by a Red Bull F1 engineer, the chassis and suspension- the folks from Lotus. Lucid just made an electric BMW M5!!!! The EV version of the best sport sedan ever made. BMW missed the boat.....this is probably what went down..." maybe we can throw a lot of tech into it and people won't notice how we have fallen behind in EV technology "

If I'm going to be chauferred around, yep, I would buy the i7....but I drive my own car. That means Lucid hands down! Nothing comes close. Not even Tesla. Building an EV without a frunk is lazy German engineering.
As the driving enthusiast inside me awakenes, I do agree. Lucids engineering is also beautiful, and yes the i7’s packaging is a clumsy clusterf*ck. Lucids cabin is However, the i7 was absolutely NOT designed for driving enthusiasts.

And therefore, the “i want to be chauffeured“ part of me wakes up.

The back seat of a i7 is on another level to the lucid. Yes, modern luxury exists(after all, i am a teen) but to people who want it they do NOT want that. All they want is the most features, and the control display/theater screen as well as massaging ottoman rear seats certainly do cater to that.

What I am trying to say is, different people have different tastes. And different cars cater to those. I can COMPLETELY understand why you love the lucid so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back