Lucid Air or BMW i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry dude is hostile? I’m just apologizing for not being convinced that i5 is a good EV….your friend may like it ( ignorance is bliss) but that doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve never driven one and looking at all the reviews, it’s a bad EV when compared to the Lucid.

Nor does your disdain for the car mean anything to him. He may have actually bought the car for its looks and ride. Yes, some people actually like its looks, solidity and build quality. You really need to open your mind a bit and understand that people have different needs, wants and desires. Your criteria, believe it or not, may not be the same criteria of other buyers.

Finally, my discussion revolved around the i4 which I’m familiar with and own, not the i5. I understand you don’t like the i4 either, wonderful, my wife and I do. My Lucid and i4 coexist beautifully. I enjoy having 2 different cars and enjoy driving both. It’s perfectly OK to have a car other than a Lucid which you can actually enjoy. It really is.

We’re going around in circles. I’ve had enough. You may have the last word as I’m sure you will.

50 miles would be like 12kwh of batteries based on Lucid’s epa (I know lol) but how much could 12kwh of batteries weigh? I think it’d be around 200lbs and out 5000lbs, it might be a little noticeable but I doubt it would change the dynamics SIGNIFICANTLY
And then in a head-on collision you get an explosion. Not a good idea.

The crumple zone exists for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back