Best reactions to your Air

They only targeted the windows. No damage to the windshield and glass roof. No damage to tires, or paint. Maybe they tried to break in. Don't really know. No other cars damaged in the same parking lot. But yeah, it sucks.

Wow, people are the worst. Really sorry that happened to you, and hope it can be fixed quickly. :(

This is the reaction I got to my Air. Happened just around the corner from the Riviera Theatre in Chicago.
View attachment 11978
I’m sorry to see this. I thought something like this most can happen in San Francisco. It makes we think twice before drive out Lucid to downtown at night.

I’m sorry to see this. I thought something like this most can happen in San Francisco. It makes we think twice before drive out Lucid to downtown at night.
I most likely won't think twice anymore. I simply won't be taking the car downtown again, at least not any time soon. Will take my wife's Caddy instead. So far Traveler's insurance seems to be making this a non-painful experience.

I most likely won't think twice anymore. I simply won't be taking the car downtown again, at least not any time soon. Will take my wife's Caddy instead. So far Traveler's insurance seems to be making this a non-painful experience.
Interesting, there was no penetration.

At least the insurance company is helping out. Really disappointing that people act this way. I will say that I definitely think twice about driving my Lucid downtown Austin at night and, if I do, I always make sure that it's in a well-lit parking garage with plenty of cameras.

im curious to know if the windows didnt send a notificaation for shock/tilt from the car app? i hope sentry mode gets escalated as a feature when something like this happens. sorry about the bad news but at least your insurance is helping you out with no pains

im curious to know if the windows didnt send a notificaation for shock/tilt from the car app? i hope sentry mode gets escalated as a feature when something like this happens. sorry about the bad news but at least your insurance is helping you out with no pains
I didn't get any notifications. I also hope sentry mode gets implemented.

Someone quick, post a positive reaction to the Air.

I found that interesting too. Unsure if that's the design of the glass, or if it held together because I have tinted windows (55%).
That's a bummer on the glass damage. Aren't the side windows double pane? Maybe that helped from them completely shattering.

This is the reaction I got to my Air. Happened just around the corner from the Riviera Theatre in Chicago.
View attachment 11978
My first reaction was wow, those wet windows actually make them look broken ......then I saw the other pictures and wanted to shed a tear

As much as I'd love sentry mode, I don't really know what it would do for you; the police are not going to care to prosecute an offense like that in any metropolitan area, and so you'll have video of it happening that you can watch as many times as you'd like to make yourself as angry as you'd like, but it is unlikely to track down the perpetrator. 🤷‍♂️

That said, for some reason I want it too, so I guess it's human nature.

As much as I'd love sentry mode, I don't really know what it would do for you; the police are not going to care to prosecute an offense like that in any metropolitan area, and so you'll have video of it happening that you can watch as many times as you'd like to make yourself as angry as you'd like, but it is unlikely to track down the perpetrator. 🤷‍♂️

That said, for some reason I want it too, so I guess it's human nature.
People like to watch past footage to prevent future mistakes. Reviewing video can render judging situation as one park too close to other car, or bad judgement where to park the car or even help catch nearby crime to give to authority as hero citizen.

People like to watch past footage to prevent future mistakes. Reviewing video can render judging situation as one park too close to other car, or bad judgement where to park the car or even help catch nearby crime to give to authority as hero citizen.
...or just make us feel better :)

Really want the sentry mode & dash cam be available...
I think it would be an interesting feature, but the only thing it would really be useful for is to help with an insurance claim. I can't see the point of making yourself angry at life.
The thing is, if you see someone vandalizing your car on video, what are you going to do about it? I ran into this a long, long time ago when I was buying a car stereo to replace one that had been stolen. One of them had a feature of notifying you if it was removed from the dashboard, which I thought was cool. Now I'm a small lady, 5'2" tall, never been in a fight. The salesman looked at me and asked me what I thought would happen if I went to the parking lot and confronted the thief while he was stealing it. Did I think a stereo was worth a thief hurting me or possibly worse? I thought about it and got the cheaper one without that feature. Now my 6'3" husband, who was much wilder in his youth, would definitely have had a different answer to that question.

Back