joec

Referral Code - MX1KDTYY
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
MX1KDTYY
Favorite so far, from my mother-in-law when I picked her up for dinner and she got in the back seat:

“I feel like I’m in an episode of Succession.”

@joec Congratulations. Can you post pics of your interior against white exterior?

Someone literally followed me home last month to ask me about the car. At first I thought she was just a neighbor, but then she said “I just had to follow you home to ask you about your car”.

Ok that is creepy.
Lol someone followed my wife home to our garage because of my license plate (ZERODAY) and she basically ran in and went “Borski someone followed me home please fix it” lol

Turns out he was just a security dude and liked the plate

Lol someone followed my wife home to our garage because of my license plate (ZERODAY) and she basically ran in and went “Borski someone followed me home please fix it” lol

Turns out he was just a security dude and liked the plate
It is funny to think about it now, but what would be the reasoning to follow somebody's car to their home? What is the need to find our where some one lives?

It is funny to think about it now, but what would be the reasoning to follow somebody's car to their home? What is the need to find our where some one lives?
Oh trust me, I’ve been in security my whole life. I was very concerned.

I talked to him at length though - he lives in the area and had seen the car a few times, and he wanted a picture of the plate because he loved it so much. He’s in sales at a software security company, we exchanged LinkedIn profiles, etc. He was legit, but it could’ve easily gone the other way.

I thoroughly expect this reaction by those I (I mean the vehicle) pass by …

82529D50-195F-45C2-9367-F1AE7CAA7078.gif

Someone literally followed me home last month to ask me about the car. At first I thought she was just a neighbor, but then she said “I just had to follow you home to ask you about your car”.
Someone followed me to the mailbox and asked a lot of questions about my car. He was very excited to see a Lucid in the wild!

No specific reactions to mention. However……I took issue of my AGT on Dec 13th. Went to a local EA station about two days later to charge up for the first time. I spent about 20 minutes charging. I spent another 45 minutes after charging showing off the car and answering questions about it. One parents young adult children took pictures of it and asked to see the interior. I joke how my first charge took over an hour before I was done. It does attract a lot of attention. Everyone that talked to me mentioned that they had heard of Lucid but had never seen one. All were impressed.

First time we headed out for the evening, we were driving down restaurant row. A young couple was walking down the sidewalk. As we passed, he dropped her hand, grabbed his phone and started taking pics of our car. Stopped on the way home to replenish our gin supply and a car rolls into the next space. The passenger window rolls down and the guy inside leans out and says “Dude…is that a concept car?”
The 18yo in me was beaming.

The best reactions are always genuine excitement. Tire guys were super excited to get their hands on the car, doing research ahead of time, and discussing design decisions that made it either easier or harder (always easier thus far) to do their jobs for the lift points. PPF team are equally excited to get to work on the car when I eventually bring it in. Part of it may be the showing it off factor, but I enjoy being able to see folks experience something they might not normally.

Of course, I always get a chuckle when I get a question like: "Where is the motor?" or "Is it really an all eletric car?".

Best reaction I got was 2 neighbors pulled up and said "omg it's the first time I've seen one in person!"
And another guy said "My buddy got a dream edition and he loves it!"
But both were super excited to see it.

Another one was at the car wash, an older guy in a C7 Corvette got out of his car and came up to me and said, "what on earth is a a Lucid?" we talked for a bit and he seemed genuinely excited to see an electric car get so much range and be luxurious at the same time with the acceleration it has. His eyes opened up real wide haha

Back