Battery

Gap323

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring R
What is the highest mileage anyone was able to get out of the grand touring range with 21” wheels on a SINGLE full charge.

I am getting way less than 400 miles on my range edition. Maybe in the 375 mile range. I had a Mercedes EQS 580 that got about 360 miles consistently which, I think, is more than Benz's estimated maximum range? I have never exceeded 400 miles in the Lucid. Not even close. I've been thinking about bringing it in for service to see if there is a problem.

I am getting way less than 400 miles on my range edition. Maybe in the 375 mile range. I had a Mercedes EQS 580 that got about 360 miles consistently which, I think, is more than Benz's estimated maximum range? I have never exceeded 400 miles in the Lucid. Not even close. I've been thinking about bringing it in for service to see if there is a problem.
How many miles do you have on it? Once you hit 2000-3000 miles the efficiency improves significantly.

Oh ok, yeah I have been wanting to take mine in as well. I live in Cali with all the heat and the A/C being blasted every time I’m driving. I have been tracking how much I get and mine is closer to 280 on a full charge. Just wanted to know if anyone else is doing that low.

Oh ok, yeah I have been wanting to take mine in as well. I live in Cali with all the heat and the A/C being blasted every time I’m driving. I have been tracking how much I get and mine is closer to 280 on a full charge. Just wanted to know if anyone else is doing that low.
280?! on 21s or 19s? Also...you must be driving fast or gunning it all the time. I'm on the DEP with 21s and average 3.1mi/kw which gets me roughly 360 miles consistently.

280?! on 21s or 19s? Also...you must be driving fast or gunning it all the time. I'm on the DEP with 21s and average 3.1mi/kw which gets me roughly 360 miles consistently.
I am on 21’s. I do enjoy the power, but I am not always pushing either, if that makes sense.

I charged my GT 21 inch wheels to 380 miles in Virginia Beach, Va and drove to Clifton, VA which is 200 miles and had 80 miles left when I got home. I‘ve only seen 2.2 mi/kwh. Yes, I probably averaged 70 to 80 mph.

19” wheels with normal driving behavior (not steady 70mph but also not Ben Collins) gets me 3.6-3.8 mi/kWh. Elevation is a huge factor, and uphill on-ramps kill range. So my true range for my location/driving style is probably 430. Even if the EQS and Lucid had identical range under identical circumstances I’d still get the Lucid.

19” wheels with normal driving behavior (not steady 70mph but also not Ben Collins) gets me 3.6-3.8 mi/kWh. Elevation is a huge factor, and uphill on-ramps kill range. So my true range for my location/driving style is probably 430. Even if the EQS and Lucid had identical range under identical circumstances I’d still get the Lucid.
Oh wow that’s amazing, I get nowhere near that type of range.

Same here. I haven't taken from 100 to 0, but the math suggests you should get 325 miles on a full charge. I'd imagine with steady state highway driving it should be even higher.
At this point I am going to try to highway only this full charge to see what it gets me, cause street driving with AC is eating my range alive.

How many miles do you have on it? Once you hit 2000-3000 miles the efficiency improves significantly.
I’m well over 2,000 miles and have yet to experience this supposed effect. Like OP, my range has been realistically capped around 360 miles. I’m also in Florida so…

At this point I am going to try to highway only this full charge to see what it gets me, cause street driving with AC is eating my range alive.
My range did improve past the 2500 mile mark. The tech said it’s because the physical tightness of the drive unit initially creates some resistance when it’s new that gets broken in over time.

On an early-summer road trip in over 100-degree heat in our Dream P w/ 21" wheels, we consistently ran 3.0-3.1 m/kWh on interstate stretches at 80 mph.

The car is EPA rated at 3.9 m/kWh. Given that steady-state driving at high speeds is considerably less efficient than the kind of driving baked into EPA testing, that is actually quite good -- about 77% of rated range. It's better than the 70% of EPA rating we typically attain in our Tesla Model S Plaid in similar driving, also on 21" wheels.

Even though some German brands opt for an EPA reporting method that yields more conservative -- and thus more realistic -- ranges for highway driving, that method also leaves them with a much lower EPA rating. Although Lucid uses the more forgiving method that Tesla also uses, at the end of the day the Lucid will still take you appreciably further on full charge than any other EV. This has been verified by Tom Moloughney of "InsideEVs" and also by Edmunds, two reputable independent sources.

In short, our Lucid Dream P will take us a full 100 miles further than our Model S Plaid. The EQS might get closer to the Lucid in real-world range, but it is also a much less powerful car for those times when you want power over range.

Last edited:
My car has 6,000 miles. I get 2.9 - 3.0 m/kWh. This is on a mix of highway and city driving. Reasonable driving in Smooth mode. 350 miles is still an acceptable range -- just not what I expected.

I have over 10k and I get 2.95mi/kWh driving with zero thought or effort to try and extend range. That puts me at 350 or 280 when I charge to 80%. I plan accordingly and have no range anxiety.

I just drove about 270 miles on my Air and had 40% of the battery left when I arrived (full when started). It equates to about a 450 mile range. Car was showing 4.1 miles/ kw on the trip odometer. That included traveling over the Grapevine out of LA. Temp in 80s-90s and driving with the flow of traffic.

Back