RESOLVED App to turn Climate on

Kleemd

Cars
2022 Lucid AGT
Anyone else find this basic function of turning the climate on in the app very unreliable ?

Anyone else find this basic function of turning the climate on in the app very unreliable ?
You have to wait for the car to wake up first. So make sure it shows P as the status.

I find it unreliable even after the car wakes up. I also find it unreliable when the car is awake and charging. I am hoping this will be fixed in either the app or the car or both.
Same

Had a Tesla model x so it’s tough to get past the unreliability of this part of it. Love my lucid though!

I've seen the iOS app get into a state where the Lucid app seems like it works (app can wake up car, and lock/unlock), but remote climate control won't work at all, no matter what you try. Customer care suggested a phone reboot, and shockingly it did actually fix it for me.

I don't have the foggiest idea why this worked when quitting/relaunching app didn't, but apple suggests a phone restart if all else fails, so I guess it must be needed sometimes.

I force quit the app if the functions doesn’t respond after a couple of attempts. If forces a reconnection to the cloud/car and works 99% of the time.

It works for me. The app might show the spinning wheel after I click “Turn On” button for the remote climate, but when I get in the car, the AC is indeed on.

You have to wait for the car to wake up first. So make sure it shows P as the status.
Total agree but make sure your firmware on the car is up to date. I had the issue it wasnt reliable with 1.2.76 and 1.2.10 but not with the later releases

I find it unreliable even after the car wakes up. I also find it unreliable when the car is awake and charging. I am hoping this will be fixed in either the app or the car or both.

So far, my record is six tries to turn it on.

Usually it's three or four.

I press it and it thinks, then "Turn On" comes back. So I do it a few more times until "it starts and "Turn Off" is displayed.

I press it and it thinks, then "Turn On" comes back. So I do it a few more times until "it starts and "Turn Off" is displayed.
I am now finding that it works better after the recent app updates.

Are you waiting for the status to update before you push it?

Are you waiting for the status to update before you push it?
I have this same problem, and yes, everybody is waiting until the status shows "Parked". You can't actually enable climate until that's done anyway. I have the same problem as everybody else, it takes 3-6 presses and 1-2 minutes to enable remote climate. It's pretty damned annoying. Even the whole "waking car from sleep" thing shouldn't exist. Lucid should be queuing the command and starting climate controls once it wakes up without the user waiting.

Even the whole "waking car from sleep" thing shouldn't exist. Lucid should be queuing the command and starting climate controls once it wakes up without the user waiting.

Agreed.

I want the car to be in my sight before I pop the frunk, but I need to do it much earlier, else by the time the vehicle wakes up and responds to the command, I am already in the driver's seat and can press the dash button.

That stinks. Mine works first click almost every time. Android, galaxy s22.

I was doing the multiple click thing but the last time I tried I clicked then waited for a bit even though the button came back and it actually did turn on so I think the multiple clicking might confuse the system. I need to test it more. It's been very mild in Texas so I haven't needed it.

That stinks. Mine works first click almost every time. Android, galaxy s22.
Same, it turns on reliably for me but I have the same complaint as others state about it taking a long time for the car to wake up. Has anyone noticed whether the AC stays on after being turned on via remote climate? Turned it on before getting in car and AC stayed on for 2 hour ride.

Same, I've been reporting this for like 2 months now.

I have both Apple and Android and have seen this on both devices and latest versions of app and OS.

When an action is clicked, they need to queue the action in a backlog that literally goes on a while loop until the thing completes. So that way I don't have to monitor the app for a few minutes

I’m finding the Climate control from the app is much more responsive with the latest versions. I still have to wait for the car to wake up, but once that happens, tapping the climate button in the app and setting a temp works on the first try every time. Which is fortunate during these summer months.

Now, if they could just shorten that remote in-app wake up time a bit…

I’m finding the Climate control from the app is much more responsive with the latest versions. I still have to wait for the car to wake up, but once that happens, tapping the climate button in the app and setting a temp works on the first try every time. Which is fortunate during these summer months.

Now, if they could just shorten that remote in-app wake up time a bit…
I agree. The app works MUCH better for all features like opening , closing and AC. It is still a bit slow for the car to wake up but I think its a bit faster than before.

Back