RESOLVED App to turn Climate on

There's still some slowdowns for opening frunk and trunk when the car is locked but on. Mine hangs sometimes for 5 seconds or more

The issue I have with Climate Control in the app is that the only option I have is DEFROST along with setting the temperature. I have used it to cool the interior but today when I set the temp for 72* and DEFROST it was blowing hot air out of the defrost ports and not cool air. I am not sure what it was defrosting, as it was 103* today. I've tried pushing and sliding the DEFROST button, but nothing happens. I didn't see anything in Settings. I've also rebooted my phone to no luck. App version is 1.39.1 {2451}

The issue I have with Climate Control in the app is that the only option I have is DEFROST along with setting the temperature. I have used it to cool the interior but today when I set the temp for 72* and DEFROST it was blowing hot air out of the defrost ports and not cool air. I am not sure what it was defrosting, as it was 103* today. I've tried pushing and sliding the DEFROST button, but nothing happens. I didn't see anything in Settings. I've also rebooted my phone to no luck. App version is 1.39.1 {2451}
You press “turn on” to cool the cabin.

IMG_4742.jpeg

I initially had thought the same. After an email and couple of calls to Lucid CS the last person I spoke finally said just tap Turn On to start the Climate Control. All they need to do is have it say Turn On Climate .

I initially had thought the same. After an email and couple of calls to Lucid CS the last person I spoke finally said just tap Turn On to start the Climate Control. All they need to do is have it say Turn On Climate .
Seems pretty clear to me as is.

You press “turn on” to cool the cabin.

View attachment 14478
I realize we hit the TURN ON button to start the climate control. I do consider myself slightly intelligent. My issue is it was NOT cooling the interior when set to 72*, and was only blowing out the defrost vents below the windshield. It seems every inefficient to only use the defrost vents to "cool" the interior when it wasn't actually cooling at all.

I realize we hit the TURN ON button to start the climate control. I do consider myself slightly intelligent. My issue is it was NOT cooling the interior when set to 72*, and was only blowing out the defrost vents below the windshield. It seems every inefficient to only use the defrost vents to "cool" the interior when it wasn't actually cooling at all.
Your original explanation is confusing. You said you said set the temperature AND defrost. If you hit defrost it’s going to defrost.

I've had the same issue. The first few times I used the app to turn cooling on remotely it said "Cooling" and I hit "Turn On". The last few times I've used it, it's indicated "Defrost". I turned it on and when I got to the car it was blowing hot ait through the windshield defrost ports, and it was 103* inside. Today it indicted "defrost" again. I turned it on and when I got to the car 10 minutes later, the AC was on and it had cooled down significantly. ???

I do not have a choice to change DEFROST to anything else.
Defrost is an on off button. Honestly I can see how it’s confusing because it’s not consistent. The buttons should say “defrost” “A/C”. Rather than Defrost / Turn On. The defrost button turns on the defrost and the “turn on “ button turns on the AC. Hope that helps.

And a lot more…
Oh no...i see it now. When was this added? Please tell me recently because I've been harping about this as the one feature I'd really like in the app since I got the car in April. In fact I couldn't believe it wasn't a function.

Well... Members of the household will definitely not know that this is how I found out. I'll just slowly stop talking about it.

Oh no...i see it now. When was this added? Please tell me recently because I've been harping about this as the one feature I'd really like in the app since I got the car in April. In fact I couldn't believe it wasn't a function.

Well... Members of the household will definitely not know that this is how I found out. I'll just slowly stop talking about it.
It's always been there. Sorry.

FWIW, I always knew it was there. I've had my car since April too. But it's only been in the last month or so that I have been remembering to use it.

Yep always been there.

HAHA I love this strategy.

Back