Android Auto Thursday

You are missing my point completely. I would, of course, like the android auto app. But...that is not the issue. The issue is that Lucid chose to NOT communicate. You are an apologist. I don't care if you think it is silly. Lucid has no bearing on my sense of self worth. It's a car...seriously? The import is in their lack of communication. There are only two operating systems that are relevant in their universe. They CHOSE to ignore the users of one. The fact that they chose not to communicate is systemic to their corporate culture. They are arrogant, or stupid, or aloof. None of those characteristics are good for a company. That's my perspective. Thanks for hearing me out. Sincerely.
Lucid never openly communicated about CarPlay either, except to answer someone's question about it coming soon and Android Auto as well. I'm not entirely sure why you are so offended? Is it because they didn't include a blurb about Android Auto coming in the future in their press release about CarPlay? Because for as long as I've been following Lucid, I don't ever remember them referencing future software development in a press release about an update. Maybe I'm just getting old.

This is the second person you feel the need to call names. This is forbidden on our forum.

I suggest you refrain from name calling and take a deep breath. First and only warning.
Thank you for my first and only warning.

Wow, the food fight here is pretty entertaining. I do have to think back over the ad nauseum speculation that Android Auto (since probably more native to the Lucid system) was probably an easier fix but it would not be released until CarPlay was ready to launch (much angst over Apple's rigid requirements) so no one system's users would be left behind... no love for the Android users now, it seems. Am I disappointed? Yes, but this has never been a deal-breaker for the car. The software we have now is still miles ahead of what was originally on the car when it was first delivered... so life is good, and it's gotta be on the list somewhere!

Wow, the food fight here is pretty entertaining. I do have to think back over the ad nauseum speculation that Android Auto (since probably more native to the Lucid system) was probably an easier fix but it would not be released until CarPlay was ready to launch (much angst over Apple's rigid requirements) so no one system's users would be left behind... no love for the Android users now, it seems. Am I disappointed? Yes, but this has never been a deal-breaker for the car. The software we have now is still miles ahead of what was originally on the car when it was first delivered... so life is good, and it's gotta be on the list somewhere!
Yes, it is pretty remarkable just how wrong just about everyone was about the simultaneous release thing. A good reminder that so much of what gets posted here is speculation, not fact.

Lucid never openly communicated about CarPlay either, except to answer someone's question about it coming soon and Android Auto as well. I'm not entirely sure why you are so offended? Is it because they didn't include a blurb about Android Auto coming in the future in their press release about CarPlay? Because for as long as I've been following Lucid, I don't ever remember them referencing future software development in a press release about an update. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Thanks Hydbob...I understand your comment. I can see why it doesn't make sense to you. Honestly, it's been my experience with Lucid since I initially placed the order for my GT. It's an incredible car and has surpassed my expectations in most ways. The communication from the company, however, has been atrocious. I would like nothing more than to see Lucid succeed. They build an incredible machine. I guess I expect better communication.

Thanks Hydbob...I understand your comment. I can see why it doesn't make sense to you. Honestly, it's been my experience with Lucid since I initially placed the order for my GT. It's an incredible car and has surpassed my expectations in most ways. The communication from the company, however, has been atrocious. I would like nothing more than to see Lucid succeed. They build an incredible machine. I guess I expect better communication.
Right, we all do, but I feel that this silence about Android Auto is in line with how they've communicated in the past. So status quo so to speak.

Right, we all do, but I feel that this silence about Android Auto is in line with how they've communicated in the past. So status quo so to speak.
The ultimate irony here is me complaining about communication when, apparently, I am failing miserably at it. Lol...I apologize for offending anyone. It was not my intent. I love my GT

Guys, chill! Android Auto will come. Lucid hasn’t failed its assertion yet. Lucid claimed to do both systems. Apple currently has about 70% of US market, but Lucid is going to sell their EVs internationally, so Android Auto is a must, especially in Europe and Asia.

Historically, Apple is pain to develop because of their mandate to confirm to their compliance and each iteration of approval process can take up 2 months. Now the big hump is out of the way.

What I really want to see is Lucid can refine and add more features in their native system.
I agree, I hope Android auto comes out soon as well, but I know they did it based on data and numbers.
Statistics in the USA suggest most higher income individuals and those more likely to buy expensive things are iphone users by a reasonable margin.
They probably did their research and I'd assume more than 50-60% of Lucid owners have an iPhone. Useful marketing tool.
With that said, I do hope they take the time to integrate Coolwalk or future generation in a spectacular way. Would be nice to utilize both screens or have things like navigation more integrated, but I suspect that will take much more time to reach a Polestar level of integration. Maybe never. But I expect they'll keep their promise...

Now that the Apple fan boys and girls have finally gotten their wish, let us - indignant Android users - have our separate space to wait and complain 😊.

Any time now...
This fan boi seems to have lost the passion for this topic, but wishes “you people” all the best with your struggle. 😂

This is just Karma for all the years we Mac users had to hear, "That's only available on Windows." :p

next update will have AA
Of course it will. Any time now 😜

"Disclaimer for newcomers and maybe all owners. This thread is purely for fun and banter. There used to be a long thread on CarPlay Friday in which members were making lighthearted fun at the long wait. Since they don't need to, I started this to continue the tradition with AA.

I'd take any comment from an owner as jest and wouldn't base any decisions on it or consider it serious info. Lucid communication (or lack thereof) on the feature should be the canonical source.

Happy Friday to all!"

If the standard nav was just a bit better at routing I wouldn't care about Android Auto but it's just not there yet and I find myself cross checking the routes on my phone every time. Would have been great if they used Google maps app instead of HERE. I hope Lucid is prioritizing AA release and the recent layoffs aren't delaying release timing.

I’m a fixer and figured out how to solve this AA problem. No need to thank me, it’s what I do. 😂

One different thing that happened in the third time is that I didn't reset. Cameras were working when I returned back on the next drive. So, a reset is probably not needed every time. Still a bit annoying though to discover it while driving.

Hopefully someone from the SW team is reading this thread.

Back