Android Auto Thursday

Hostile? I think that’s a bit strong.

They prioritized Apple, sure. Probably because they have some data suggesting they have more iPhone customers. Or the team that did CarPlay just happened to finish faster.

I wouldn’t read anything more into it.
It's not reading anything into it. If they choose release one of the two major automotive operating systems and are silent as to the second...they are either socially challenged or hostile. Don't be an apologist for poor communication/management.

Hostile? I think that’s a bit strong.

They prioritized Apple, sure. Probably because they have some data suggesting they have more iPhone customers. Or the team that did CarPlay just happened to finish faster.

I wouldn’t read anything more into it.
Use whatever adjective you would like to describe the lack of parity in development for Android users, but to us Android users it is distressing.

There's zero reason that we still don't have widgets after it's been available to iOS users for months, other than Lucid sees Android development as a lower priority.

Worldwide the number of Android users dwarf Apple iOS users. It's pretty close to 50-50 market share in the US.

I get asked regularly about how I like my AGT. I do mention that Android users are not as high a priority as iOS users for Lucid. And for that reason I am hesitant to recommend my vehicle to fellow Android users.

I do believe the car runs on an Android operating system... I'm sure somebody here will confirm or not confirm that and if it's so inevitably we're going to get what we really want but it's true there are a lot more Apple users apparently then there are Android users at the moment or the Android users are more sublime strung out on thorazine and drinking vodka..... But either way I'm sure they're going to get it sorted out quicker than later because they don't want bad press...

Use whatever adjective you would like to describe the lack of parity in development for Android users, but to us Android users it is distressing.

There's zero reason that we still don't have widgets after it's been available to iOS users for months, other than Lucid sees Android development as a lower priority.

Worldwide the number of Android users dwarf Apple iOS users. It's pretty close to 50-50 market share in the US.

I get asked regularly about how I like my AGT. I do mention that Android users are not as high a priority as iOS users for Lucid. And for that reason I am hesitant to recommend my vehicle to fellow Android users.
Seriously? You base your car recommendations on your phone operating system? That's special...

I am an Android user and find it annoying that Lucid released CarPlay first, but I wholeheartedly recommend the car to anyone and everyone who asks. I drive cars for the driving experience. Do I want Android Auto? Yes, of course, but that would not prevent me from recommending this, or any other car, to someone.

Guys, chill! Android Auto will come. Lucid hasn’t failed its assertion yet. Lucid claimed to do both systems. Apple currently has about 70% of US market, but Lucid is going to sell their EVs internationally, so Android Auto is a must, especially in Europe and Asia.

Historically, Apple is pain to develop because of their mandate to confirm to their compliance and each iteration of approval process can take up 2 months. Now the big hump is out of the way.

What I really want to see is Lucid can refine and add more features in their native system.

I do believe the car runs on an Android operating system... I'm sure somebody here will confirm or not confirm that and if it's so inevitably we're going to get what we really want but it's true there are a lot more Apple users apparently then there are Android users at the moment or the Android users are more sublime strung out on thorazine and drinking vodka..... But either way I'm sure they're going to get it sorted out quicker than later because they don't want bad press...
That was an AWESOME comment. That Comment was worth waiting for android to drop

When will Android auto be available? Not sure I want a sapphire if Lucid is hostil to Android users
Lol, it’s day 1 of the Apple CarPlay release. I’m certain Android Auto will follow. I am also certain Lucid isn’t “hostile” to Android users. Patience is the right approach here.

Exactly. Just because we're second class citizens doesn't mean they're hostile lol
It’s a feature for a car, not a judgment on you as a person. You’re not a second class citizen; they just haven’t released the feature you want yet. Hyperbole isn’t necessary.

It’s a feature for a car, not a judgment on you as a person. You’re not a second class citizen; they just haven’t released the feature you want yet. Hyperbole isn’t necessary.
Easy, big guy. I'm with you. I was only kidding. I thought you'd pick up on that with the lol. Hyperbole isn't necessary but can be funny

Easy, big guy. I'm with you. I was only kidding. I thought you'd pick up on that with the lol. Hyperbole isn't necessary but can be funny
Sorry if I missed the sarcasm tag :)

Ite okay @Halodde he doesn't understand because he's not a second class citizen like us.

It's not reading anything into it. If they choose release one of the two major automotive operating systems and are silent as to the second...they are either socially challenged or hostile. Don't be an apologist for poor communication/management.

Or...or, and just hear me out for a second; almost every single Lucid customer uses the official Lucid phone app, and because of this, unlike you or I, Lucid knows through installation and usage metrics exactly how many iPhone and how many Android Air owners they have. It's entirely possible that the vast majority of them are iPhone users.

Honestly, you're so emotionally charged about something so silly; it was a decision on which automotive companion to release first, not a judgment of your entire self worth.

I've used Android since 2009, and have never been interested in using an iPhone. The thing is, I'm no longer living in 2009 where I get insulted by anything that seems to be Apple-first.

Yeah, worldwide. I'm wondering why you think you know more about how many Lucid Air owners use iPhones vs Android when they can literally look at the install and usage metrics of the two Lucid Apps and see who they have more of.

Christ...this forum, I come back every so often hoping for some nuanced discussion and instead it feels like 2009-2010 era XDA-Developers-Forum levels of butthurt and indignation.

Or...or, and just hear me out for a second; almost every single Lucid customer uses the official Lucid phone app, and because of this, unlike you or I, Lucid knows through installation and usage metrics exactly how many iPhone and how many Android Air owners they have. It's entirely possible that the vast majority of them are iPhone users.

Honestly, you're so emotionally charged about something so silly; it was a decision on which automotive companion to release first, not a judgment of your entire self worth.

I've used Android since 2009, and have never been interested in using an iPhone. The thing is, I'm no longer living in 2009 where I get insulted by anything that seems to be Apple-first.
You are missing my point completely. I would, of course, like the android auto app. But...that is not the issue. The issue is that Lucid chose to NOT communicate. You are an apologist. I don't care if you think it is silly. Lucid has no bearing on my sense of self worth. It's a car...seriously? The import is in their lack of communication. There are only two operating systems that are relevant in their universe. They CHOSE to ignore the users of one. The fact that they chose not to communicate is systemic to their corporate culture. They are arrogant, or stupid, or aloof. None of those characteristics are good for a company. That's my perspective. Thanks for hearing me out. Sincerely.

You are missing my point completely. I would, of course, like the android auto app. But...that is not the issue. The issue is that Lucid chose to NOT communicate. You are an apologist. I don't care if you think it is silly. Lucid has no bearing on my sense of self worth. It's a car...seriously? The import is in their lack of communication. There are only two operating systems that are relevant in their universe. They CHOSE to ignore the users of one. The fact that they chose not to communicate is systemic to their corporate culture. They are arrogant, or stupid, or aloof. None of those characteristics are good for a company. That's my perspective. Thanks for hearing me out. Sincerely.
This is the second person you feel the need to call names. This is forbidden on our forum.

I suggest you refrain from name calling and take a deep breath. First and only warning.

Seems like Lucid is hostil towards Android Auto. Why in the world would you release these updates separately?
One big reason would be to manage the sudden workload on Customer Support. Companies don't have infinite resources.
Lucid has said they are working on Android Auto. What else is there to say until it reaches the end of the development queue?

Last edited:

I envy you. I am just sitting here trying to imagine all the many, many things in the world you must have seen and done, all the triumphs and losses you've faced in life, all the decisions you've ever had to made, and how you must have literally done every single thing there is to do in the entire world to arrive here....a place where you're offended by the fact a piece of software didn't release on the same day as another piece of software.

Calling me an "apologist" simply because i'm not willing to play armchair CEO and get up in arms about about something so trivial does not make the point you think you're making.

But it's great that you brought up the "choice to ignore"...welcome to my ignore list :)

Back