Android Auto Thursday

Ok, it's time for Android Auto support.

One different thing that happened in the third time is that I didn't reset. Cameras were working when I returned back on the next drive. So, a reset is probably not needed every time. Still a bit annoying though to discover it while driving.

Hopefully someone from the SW team is reading this thread.
I am sorry. This was incorrectly posted on this thread . I wish there is a way to delete (reply if you can teach me how 🙂)

I'm hoping the delay is because they are trying to make the implementation better than CarPlay, I'm really hoping its not just an overlayed rectangle on the top display.

I'm hoping the delay is because they are trying to make the implementation better than CarPlay, I'm really hoping its not just an overlayed rectangle on the top display.
There’s really no other option with Apple’s current implementation of CarPlay.

I see a lot of discussion about carplay but Android auto seems to be......
I just picked up my new Lucid Air Touring today. Unfortunately there is no Android Auto. :( Hope they get it soon.

Time to take "compatible" off the Lucid website. It has been that way from the start and I think the magnitude of the delay throws into question the veracity of that claim.
Agreed. The situation has become laughable and pathetic. My buddy loves my GT and was planning to order the Air version. He called asking my opinion. I love the car but the companies communications are very suspect. I can't recommend a lucid until they fix that.

I've adjusted my expectations, especially after CarPlay's implementation and the feedback I've read on the forum, but I am interested to see how AA turns out. Navigation is still not quite there, but for the infotainment, when I hit dead spots now I just switch over to my USB till I think reception has improved.... and enjoy the ride. I admit that I would like to see some kind of reception optimization.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!
Are we in Kansas anyone who is that guy behind the curtain
wizard-oz-man-curtain_300x300.jpg

I've adjusted my expectations, especially after CarPlay's implementation and the feedback I've read on the forum, but I am interested to see how AA turns out. Navigation is still not quite there, but for the infotainment, when I hit dead spots now I just switch over to my USB till I think reception has improved.... and enjoy the ride. I admit that I would like to see some kind of reception optimization.
I would like the option to get SXM satellite version...

I would like the option to get SXM satellite version...
That has nothing to do with this thread. Lucid is not going to hardware retrofit a satellite radio into your car.

Any update/sign/ETA on AA at all?

Anybody in the 'know' or Lucid employees lurking here, can share some insight on this? Its been over a month since CP released & the plebians are still in the dark ... Or has Lucid just stopped caring? (yes I understand/read the market conditions are volatile, survivability is paramount, cost cutting is happening, etc ... ) ... But if AA is not going to be released as opposed to the market-speak of 'soon', say it so.

Its been close to a year for my ownership & HERE maps have not been updated either (yes, I have made a manual entry over 5 months ago) and AA is not available AND therefore no HOME setting.

P.S: If Lucid needs a beta tester for AA, please PM me.

Back