Air Pure DC Fast Charging

Papa Red

Verified Owner
I am sure this is discussed in this forum somewhere but cannot find it. For the Air Pure model, what is the maximum KW input from a DC fast charger the car can accept? I read somewhere it is 200 KW, but not sure that is correct.

I have been watching my phone app the last few times I charged at an EA 350 KW DC fast charger. I know there is a curve, and kept watching the app for the entire charge. For the last several times (on different EA 350 KW chargers) it never exceeded 95 KW input. Is that the maximum?

Not complaining, just want to know so when I do my first road trip I can plan accordingly.

I am sure this is discussed in this forum somewhere but cannot find it. For the Air Pure model, what is the maximum KW input from a DC fast charger the car can accept? I read somewhere it is 200 KW, but not sure that is correct.

I have been watching my phone app the last few times I charged at an EA 350 KW DC fast charger. I know there is a curve, and kept watching the app for the entire charge. For the last several times (on different EA 350 KW chargers) it never exceeded 95 KW input. Is that the maximum?

Not complaining, just want to know so when I do my first road trip I can plan accordingly.
I believe it is 200 kwh, due to the smaller battery resulting in less voltage!

Was it a shared station? If so, was another car charging? And then what speed were they getting?

You’ll sometimes find you get better speeds from the EA 150 kW chargers than the 350s. Counterintuitive, but much depends on each individual charger.

Thanks for the responses! The question I am asking though is what is the maximum rated KW (not kwh) input that the Air Pure model is capable of
accepting? The other models have posted specifications (see image below) but I cannot find it for the Air Pure model.
1707423818829.png

Thanks for the responses! The question I am asking though is what is the maximum rated KW (not kwh) input that the Air Pure model is capable of
accepting? The other models have posted specifications (see image below) but I cannot find it for the Air Pure model.
View attachment 18247
Should be similar to Touring.

It should be 250 kW like the Touring, yes. I've seen over 200 kW briefly in my Touring, but only when I'm around/below 20% charge and have preconditioned. And in warm weather. And at the right charger. Lots of conditions, unfortunately. That said topping out at 95 kW sounds like you're just at a bad charger if you're under say 50% charged. Like @Lucken said, 150 kW chargers from EA tend to be more reliable for some reason. Try some others and see if you have better luck.

Interesting, wonder why I am not getting even close to that. I wasn't buddy breathing with anyone today- was the only car in the lot on a 350 KW EA charger.

Anyhoo, just something I will keep an eye on going forward.

By the way, if you want to geek out on this stuff State of Charge website is an excellent source of information. All EV's have a charging curve- it is not a flat line so depending on where you are in the charging cycle the KW input from the charger to the car will vary. If the Air Pure truly can accept 200 KW input (not sure why they have not published that since Lucid is typically very open about this kind of stuff) then I should see close to that at the beginning of the charge.

1707425394758.png

By the way, if you want to geek out on this stuff State of Charge website is an excellent source of information. All EV's have a charging curve- it is not a flat line so depending on where you are in the charging cycle the KW input from the charger to the car will vary. If the Air Pure truly can accept 200 KW input (not sure why they have not published that since Lucid is typically very open about this kind of stuff) then I should see close to that at the beginning of the charge.

View attachment 18249
Just so you know, this has been discussed many times here. If you do a search you’ll see the many discussions replete with many charging curve graphs.

Yeah- I assumed so, that is why I stated the whole thread with "I assume this has already been discussed before . . .". If you can point me to where someone answered my question about why I only see 95 KW peak input when it is presumably rated for at least 200 KW input that would be cool.

Yeah- I assumed so, that is why I stated the whole thread with "I assume this has already been discussed before . . .". If you can point me to where someone answered my question about why I only see 95 KW peak input when it is presumably rated for at least 200 KW input that would be cool.
You don’t even have to search, it’s well known among EV owners that EA chargers often don’t provide their rated output. This probably happens more often than it doesn’t. Lately my Pure has only gotten 65 kW from a bank of 150 kW chargers in my area. It’s the nature of the EA beast, it’s not your car.

BTW, did you precondition prior to charging? If not, that’s another reason why you’ll get lower charging speeds.

I enjoy this discussion and not trying to be pissy about anything. Most EV car manufacturers publish how much DC KW power input the car's charging infrastructure is designed to accept. Lucid does it apparently, just not for the Air Pure and that is what I was trying to find out. My Mini Cooper SE (which is a great car BTW) has a specified max input of 50 KW for example. I have only recently started noticing how my Air Pure charges at a 350 KW EA station and was curious to see it maxing out at 95 KW at several different stations I will continue to monitor, and if I see anything interesting will report back.

I was not saying there is anything wrong with my Lucy- I love her.

Keep in mind there are two different specs for the Pure. The AWD should be the same as the Touring, at 250. Not sure what the smaller battery on the RWD Pure gets.

I agree it’s odd if Lucid isn’t publishing that somewhere. I haven’t looked.

I have gotten as high as 221 on my Touring. But very briefly. Most EA chargers, as people have pointed out, will not give you max output.

Lucid made a lot of changes to the Touring to dumb it down so people like me could afford it (without meanwhile getting a divorce which was a close call . . .). I am not ready to assume the charging infrastructure was replicated from the Touring. I think some official Lucid people monitor this forum and can answer my simple question. What maximum KW input is the Air Pure designed to accept from a DC charger?

Per Lucid, it is actually the same as the Touring model. 250 KW max input at DC fast chargers.

I still have never seen the input KW from a 350 KW DC fast charger go above 99 KW input to my car. Four different EA charging stations. Most of the time nobody else there.

Has anyone with an Air Pure seen their max KW input from a DC fast charger ever get near the supposed 250 KW rating?

I usually see 156-174 kW early in the charging process at EA's 350 kW chargers but also their 150 kW chargers go above 150 kW sometimes. 2023 Pure.
26% is the lowest state of charge I've ever been down to.
Takes ~30 minutes to get back up above 80-85%, fine by me.

Back