• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air Dream Deliveries?

You’re close to owning your Lucid Air Dream Edition — the next step is to make a payment.

Head to your Lucid account, where you’ll be instructed on how to pay from a bank account, wire money directly to Lucid, and pay in other ways.

Please feel free to reach out to your Delivery Advisor with any questions.

Didn't get that e-mail?

You’re close to owning your Lucid Air Dream Edition — the next step is to make a payment.

Head to your Lucid account, where you’ll be instructed on how to pay from a bank account, wire money directly to Lucid, and pay in other ways.

Please feel free to reach out to your Delivery Advisor with any questions.

Didn't get that e-mail?
Nope.

You’ll be getting an email that literally says “You’re invited to pay.“

So I sent an email to my DA this evening indicating I would like to have a firm delivery date before I wire the payment. I will sign the Docusign papers and I told her my wire transfer will go the same day as I get the delivery date so shouldn't be a problem with waiting for that firm delivery date. I've also indicated I am available 24/7 from now through year end to be at the Millbrae delivery location. It should be interesting to see what response I get tomorrow from her.

To be honest, I doubt you will get one. Besides the original 12, from what I've seen and heard they don't schedule any deliveries until payment is made. From a logistics point of view this makes sense also.

To be honest, I doubt you will get one. Besides the original 12, from what I've seen and heard they don't schedule any deliveries until payment is made. From a logistics point of view this makes sense also.

You may be right but since my order is for the most common configuration I guess I don't understand why that would be the case. hmp10 paid over a month ago and still doesn't have a delivery date. Why should they be holding onto my $180K without a firm delivery commitment? He just lost the use of that money for over a month!

Not for hmp but for you, let's say I give you a date and get the car transported to where you would take it, with the expectation you will pay once you have the Date. Then you back out and now that car needs to go elsewhere because you were the only person in that geographic area who is getting that configuration. Now Lucid has to ship it somewhere else.

It's not an excuse, just part of the logistics of getting cars to customers.

So I sent an email to my DA this evening indicating I would like to have a firm delivery date before I wire the payment. I will sign the Docusign papers and I told her my wire transfer will go the same day as I get the delivery date so shouldn't be a problem with waiting for that firm delivery date. I've also indicated I am available 24/7 from now through year end to be at the Millbrae delivery location. It should be interesting to see what response I get tomorrow from her.
Maybe they want you to pay so they book the revenue? But they wont deliver the car until Jan/Feb/March? Sounds like they are missing a component for the car

You may be right but since my order is for the most common configuration I guess I don't understand why that would be the case. hmp10 paid over a month ago and still doesn't have a delivery date. Why should they be holding onto my $180K without a firm delivery commitment? He just lost the use of that money for over a month!
I think it is fair to pay one week or less before your firm delivery date.

This makes the request for payment you got from your DA even more odd.
Oh, I have not been asked.
My point has been that it is odd others have been right after getting their vin, but I have not been.

it’s inconsistent at what stage they ask for payment.

it’s inconsistent at what stage they ask for payment.

There's no consistency to anything. A friend got a call that his car was being put into production. Three days later he got his VIN. 11 days later he got his car in Florida (more than a month ago now).

In my case, it was three weeks after I was told the car had entered production that I got the VIN. It's now been more than a month since I got the VIN, and I'm told my car might not even be through inspection yet.

This almost makes it seem that the production rate is ramping down instead of up as time passes.

There has to be some sort of issue going on. Software issue, a component missing, something is going on. That is the only reason I can think of that the company is giving everyone a different story or keeping quiet. Car #114 is the last one I have seen/heard about. Cars coming out of factory, but not getting delivered....so the car is missing something. Tesla had same issue

I took delivery on 12/10. Last 4 of 2067 and car door sill says #40.

Attachments

• 4EC1608E-823A-4F7E-B316-4EAB02095DA1.jpeg
    4EC1608E-823A-4F7E-B316-4EAB02095DA1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
Not for hmp but for you, let's say I give you a date and get the car transported to where you would take it, with the expectation you will pay once you have the Date. Then you back out and now that car needs to go elsewhere because you were the only person in that geographic area who is getting that configuration. Now Lucid has to ship it somewhere else.

It's not an excuse, just part of the logistics of getting cars to customers.
I would think that keeping the $7500 deposit if a buyer backs out would sufficiently compensate them for the logistical headaches?

I would think that keeping the $7500 deposit if a buyer backs out would sufficiently compensate them for the logistical headaches?

Not everyone had to pay that deposit. For example, I paid $1k, since I upgraded from AGT.

Back