Air Dream Deliveries?

Where did this assumption originate that the Lucid's seats will not automatically drop or move back if programmed to do so.

On the other forum Cyber3dx, who was concerned about the intrusive roof rails, posted this:

"However, my salesperson confirmed that I could set a default position for the seat (all the way down) to allow me entry. And it will rise from there to my personal setting and lower when I exit. When my wife enters the car the seat will be all the way down and rise up to her personal setting and lower when she exits." (Post #7 in the link below)

It originated from an owner, Bill, who posted a detailed review saying that feature wasn’t included. No other owner refuted that, so it was logical to assume that was the case.

So do we believe the owners or the sales people? It should be extremely easy for owners to verify or refute what the sales person said.

I think that’s it in a nutshell. You have to buy the car based on the assumption nothing more will be added beyond what Lucid promised would be added. I agree with borski, whoopee cushions aren’t necessary.
I think for $170,000, a car should have cruise control!

So do we believe the owners or the sales people? It should be extremely easy for owners to verify or refute what the sales person said.

There have been a couple of cases where owners did not think their cars had a feature and later found out they did, but they had just overlooked or not yet found the way to engage it.

That might not be the case here, but perhaps someone who has a car and an established connection with a support person at Lucid could check?

If what the salesperson said was wrong, there might be a simple workaround. Just lower and push back the seat and program that setting into a driver profile labeled something like "Exit". When you're ready to exit the car, all you have to do is tap that profile. When you get back in the car, the facial recognition will automatically return the seat to your programmed driving position.

I have my Honda Odyssey programmed to push the seat back upon exit, and I have found it annoying at times if I want to make a quick stop at a convenience store or such. When I get back in the car I have to wait for the seat to return to driving position. I have thought occasionally about disengaging the feature but just never get around to it.

Last edited:
There have been a couple of cases where owners did not think their cars had a feature and later found out they did, but they had just overlooked or not yet found the way to engage it.

That might not be the case here, but perhaps someone who has a car and an established connection with a support person at Lucid could check?
How many Dreams do we think they have delivered thus far?

It has climate stay, but only for 45 minutes which is similar to pet mode.

Sentry mode, car play/android auto and ADAS are necessary.

So one question I got asked by my insurance when I gave them the VIN and got my quote was whether the car had a feature like "LoJack" which I believe shuts the car down if it is stolen. I didn't know the answer so I just said "I guess so". I'm wondering what alarm features the car does have?? Is there an online manual I can peruse while I wait for my delivery?

Yeah and Paladin's Dream and mine are actually on the production line, most likely along with a number of other Dream Editions. So your guess is probably optimistic as you said. Bear said a car carrier can hold six cars so if 200 delivered is the correct estimate and 520 Dreams are going to be delivered by year end, they need over 50 trucks in the next nine days. Also, the trip from the factory to delivery locations is on average at least one full day (probably more with rest/gas stops) so they really need all those trucks out by Wednesday next week to allow time for transport and prepping. And last, they need to produce another 170 cars in the next five days (shut down for XMAS I'm assuming) which means 34 cars per day. Good Luck!! I really hope they can do it!!

Yeah and Paladin's Dream and mine are actually on the production line, most likely along with a number of other Dream Editions. So your guess is probably optimistic as you said. Bear said a car carrier can hold six cars so if 200 delivered is the correct estimate and 520 Dreams are going to be delivered by year end, they need over 50 trucks in the next nine days. Also, the trip from the factory to delivery locations is on average at least one full day (probably more with rest/gas stops) so they really need all those trucks out by Wednesday next week to allow time for transport and prepping. And last, they need to produce another 170 cars in the next five days (shut down for XMAS I'm assuming) which means 34 cars per day. Good Luck!! I really hope they can do it!!

Mine is on that same production line. If you two are holding me up, quit it! And if I am, sorry! :p

I dno, we'll see. Here's hoping either of us see it this year. :)
Have you guys received your Docusign package yet? If so how long after you got your VIN did the Docusign package arrive?

So one question I got asked by my insurance when I gave them the VIN and got my quote was whether the car had a feature like "LoJack" which I believe shuts the car down if it is stolen. I didn't know the answer so I just said "I guess so". I'm wondering what alarm features the car does have?? Is there an online manual I can peruse while I wait for my delivery?

Thank you. A lot of useful information. I have a lot of reading to do.

Have you guys received your Docusign package yet? If so how long after you got your VIN did the Docusign package arrive?
I received my VIN on Dec 8th, DocuSign on the 12th, along with a request to pay, paid on the 13th, confirmed the money was in Lucid’s bank on the 14th, received docs by FedEx on the 17th, which were returned by their envelope on the 18th (to Riviera Beach, old Tesla service center), received by Lucid on the 21st and haven’t heard a thing since. It’s been a strange process. I remember with my first Model S, which was brought by a flatbed to my garage on January 3rd, 2013, they had given me the VIN prior to delivery but the paperwork was signed in my garage. It was also then that I paid them with a cashiers check.

22 Sep 2018: Reserved car

20 Sep 2021: Final order configuration

21 Sep: First contact with Delivery Advisor

Nov 19: Received VIN

Dec 11: Received Request to Pay; paid same day via ACH transfer

Dec 11: Received documents requiring DocuSign execution; executed same day

Dec 16: Received confirmation from Lucid via email that payment was received

Dec 17: Received FedEX packet with Florida DMV documents requiring physical signature

Dec 18: Sent executed DMV documents to Riviera Beach Service Center via Fed Ex

Dec 22: Was told my car was just coming off assembly line and heading into final inspection; no transport date yet scheduled, in case inspection required car's return to assembly line

22 Sep 2018: Reserved car

20 Sep 2021: Final order configuration

21 Sep: First contact with Delivery Advisor

Nov 19: Received VIN

Dec 11: Received Request to Pay; paid same day via ACH transfer

Dec 11: Received documents requiring DocuSign execution; executed same day

Dec 16: Received confirmation from Lucid via email that payment was received

Dec 17: Received FedEX packet with Florida DMV documents requiring physical signature

Dec 18: Sent executed DMV documents to Riviera Beach Service Center via Fed Ex

Dec 22: Was told my car was just coming off assembly line and heading into final inspection; no transport date yet scheduled, in case inspection required car's return to assembly line
I assume you will get your car next week if you are available to take delivery and not on vacation. Please let us know what # your Dream Edition is!

I assume you will get your car next week if you are available to take delivery and not on vacation. Please let us know what # your Dream Edition is!

I found out where my car was in the cycle only by calling Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service.

Zak said there was a "good chance" I would get the car by year end, but two things had to fall into place. The car had to clear final inspection without requiring a return to the line for rework, and a truck team had to be found to get the car cross country.

Zak said there have been intermittent difficulties in securing transport. And, as Paladin732 found out from his senior contact, a fair number of cars are requiring rework. However, since Lucid has apparently added more QC checkpoints along the assembly line, maybe the number of cars still needing rework by the time they hit final inspection has decreased?

Although we will have a house full of company and the West Palm Beach studio is almost three hours away, I told Zak I would be willing to make the trek over to pick up the car if it would make the difference between taking delivery this tax year or not. Otherwise, they'll bring the car to us in Naples.

I found out where my car was in the cycle only by calling Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service.

Zak said there was a "good chance" I would get the car by year end, but two things had to fall into place. The car had to clear final inspection without requiring a return to the line for rework, and a truck team had to be found to get the car cross country.

Zak said there have been intermittent difficulties in securing transport. And, as Paladin732 found out from his senior contact, a fair number of cars are requiring rework. However, since Lucid has apparently added more QC checkpoints along the assembly line, maybe the number of cars still needing rework by the time they hit final inspection has decreased?

Although we will have a house full of company and the West Palm Beach studio is almost three hours away, I told Zak I would be willing to make the trek over to pick up the car if it would make the difference between taking delivery this tax year or not. Otherwise, they'll bring the car to us in Naples.
Very helpful information! Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Back