Air Dream Deliveries?

I found out where my car was in the cycle only by calling Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service.

Zak said there was a "good chance" I would get the car by year end, but two things had to fall into place. The car had to clear final inspection without requiring a return to the line for rework, and a truck team had to be found to get the car cross country.

Zak said there have been intermittent difficulties in securing transport. And, as Paladin732 found out from his senior contact, a fair number of cars are requiring rework. However, since Lucid has apparently added more QC checkpoints along the assembly line, maybe the number of cars still needing rework by the time they hit final inspection has decreased?

Although we will have a house full of company and the West Palm Beach studio is almost three hours away, I told Zak I would be willing to make the trek over to pick up the car if it would make the difference between taking delivery this tax year or not. Otherwise, they'll bring the car to us in Naples.
I would ask, assuming a transport can be found for delivery this year, if any required rework can be done after you take delivery. If the rework is necessary at the factory, there's no way you'll get the car this year. So if it's possible for the rework to be done at a service center, at least you'll be able to get the $7,500 tax credit guaranteed if the required transport can be found. I think it's work asking.

I would ask, assuming a transport can be found for delivery this year, if any required rework can be done after you take delivery. If the rework is necessary at the factory, there's no way you'll get the car this year. So if it's possible for the rework to be done at a service center, at least you'll be able to get the $7,500 tax credit guaranteed if the required transport can be found. I think it's work asking.

I'd be surprised if Lucid would knowingly let a car leave the factory with hardware quality issues, even if I were willing to accept them.

The tax credit issue is really just a proxy for a deeper issue I've had with this whole ordering and delivery communications strategy. As I told Zak yesterday, the real burr under my tail was less the money at stake with the $7,500 tax credit and more Lucid's giving me an inaccurate answer just to blow me off when I asked about the impact of color on production times. He confirmed that Lucid knew at the time it added Zenith Red to the color line-up that it would impact production timing and was disappointed that Delivery Advisors had not been given that information or would not have first checked before answering my question. I might have decided to take the risk of losing the tax credit in order to get the red, but I don't like making decisions about risk when information for which I've asked is withheld from me.

End of the day . . . I'd rather wait to get a car delivered in as near-perfect a condition as Lucid can get it than take a car that is already in queue for rework at a service center. (I may end up in that queue, anyway, as I have with other new models I've bought, but I don't want my own impatience to add to the likelihood.)

I'd be surprised if Lucid would knowingly let a car leave the factory with hardware quality issues, even if I were willing to accept them.

The tax credit issue is really just a proxy for a deeper issue I've had with this whole ordering and delivery communications strategy. As I told Zak yesterday, the real burr under my tail was less the money at stake with the $7,500 tax credit and more Lucid's giving me an inaccurate answer just to blow me off when I asked about the impact of color on production times. He confirmed that Lucid knew at the time it added Zenith Red to the color line-up that it would impact production timing and was disappointed that Delivery Advisors had not been given that information or would not have first checked before answering my question. I might have decided to take the risk of losing the tax credit in order to get the red, but I don't like making decisions about risk when information for which I've asked is withheld from me.

End of the day . . . I'd rather wait to get a car delivered in as near-perfect a condition as Lucid can get it than take a car that is already in queue for rework at a service center. (I may end up in that queue, anyway, as I have with other new models I've bought, but I don't want my own impatience to add to the likelihood.)
Yes, the delivery advisors are in the dark. They just keep saying "soon, soon, soon, congratulations, car is coming soon, so excited for you" but really don't have any details. So you ordered the Red?

So you ordered the Red?

Yep. Red Dream P w/ 21" wheels for Florida delivery.

A friend, also in Florida, ordered a Black Dream P w/21" wheels and got his car over a month ago . . . and he reserved 15 months after I did.

That's how much impact the Red had on place in production queue.

He confirmed that Lucid knew at the time it added Zenith Red to the color line-up that it would impact production timing and was disappointed that Delivery Advisors had not been given that information or would not have first checked before answering my question.
In defense to the delivery advisors, location seems to be just as important as color in delivery schedule as seen by both you and Alex's Dream Editions. Arizona seems to be a late sate while Florida is an early state but your Red color is making the deliveries about the same time. It is fair for the the delivery advisor to say that color does not impact schedule more than other factors. That said, Lucid should be able to tell anyone with a VIN exactly where their car is in assembly.

Their latest instagram post says they will make dreams come true "this holiday season" and show deliveries being done at 4:12am, did anyone start getting over night deliveries? If they call pull off over night deliveries I bet they make their goals Amazon style.

Their latest instagram post says they will make dreams come true "this holiday season" and show deliveries being done at 4:12am, did anyone start getting over night deliveries? If they call pull off over night deliveries I bet they make their goals Amazon style.
They need to walk you through how the car works....takes about an hour. In that video, there was a lucid employee there....maybe customer was an early riser.

In defense to the delivery advisors, location seems to be just as important as color in delivery schedule as seen by both you and Alex's Dream Editions.

My delivery advisor got a lot wrong. My sales rep with whom I placed the initial reservation had been telling me all along that, when production commenced, it would be in order of when reservations were placed. In my first call with my delivery advisor, I brought this up. She said that was no longer the case and that cars would enter production in the order in which the final configuration had been confirmed with a delivery advisor. I also asked at which point a VIN would be assigned to the order. She said that would come near the end of production. By the time I got my VIN, it had become clear that no Zenith Reds were being delivered, so I asked again whether color had any impact on delivery. Now she was saying "multiple factors" affected order of production. I asked her what those multiple factors were, and she refused to name any.

I went over all this with Zak Edson yesterday. His response was that reservation date was the determining factor in order of production in all cases except for red cars, which would only be built after the other three colors. But within the red car production run, reservation date would control timing of production. Zak pointed out that using the confirmation date with a delivery advisor would make no sense. If a customer with a very early reservation was traveling or otherwise missed the configuration email, they could quickly descend in the queue as delivery advisors made contact with later reservation holders. He also said that the VIN was assigned at the time that the car was put on the general assembly line.

Zak also said that they weren't scheduling cars for delivery based on distance from the factory. For long hauls they use driver teams that can keep the trucks rolling round the clock, so the only difference between the delivery time for a car bound for California and one bound for Florida would be no more than about two days due to added driving time.

Has any one here received a VIN for non dream edition like Grand Touring? If so then that is saying we're topped out at 520 deliveries is my guess.

Has any one here received a VIN for non dream edition like Grand Touring? If so then that is saying we're topped out at 520 deliveries is my guess.

Getting a VIN and taking delivery can be very different dates. I got my VIN five weeks ago and still don't have the car. In fact, the car just went into final inspection yesterday and isn't yet even in the delivery queue.

Some forum members reported getting their Dream VINs as late as last week.

Getting a VIN and taking delivery can be very different dates. I got my VIN five weeks ago and still don't have the car. In fact, the car just went into final inspection yesterday and isn't yet even in the delivery queue.

Some forum members reported getting their Dream VINs as late as last week.
Agree, just wondering if they have started handing out Grand Touring VINS, just trying to make out 577 deliveries implies, 57 GTs or non dreams and 520 dreams possibly.

Agree, just wondering if they have started handing out Grand Touring VINS, just trying to make out 577 deliveries implies, 57 GTs or non dreams and 520 dreams possibly.

I got my VIN for my Dream Edition on Tuesday. My thinking especially after viewing Bear's latest drone flyover that shows over 150 cars wrapped and ready to ship is that they are trying to "produce" as many cars as possible, but hopefully at least the 520 Dream Edition cars and most likely won't make it to the 577 committed number. That number was actually for "deliveries" and my guess is if they make it to the production number they will blame the shortage in deliveries on the difficulty getting trucks for transport.

No VIN here and I'm one of the earliest GT reservation holders (12/2019) and in the earliest GT purchase confirmation batch. My DA last said a couple of weeks ago that he was hoping to have my VIN in early January.

No VIN here and I'm one of the earliest GT reservation holders (12/2019) and in the earliest GT purchase confirmation batch. My DA last said a couple of weeks ago that he was hoping to have my VIN in early January.
That is super good data, the only place I have seen is Grand Touring for Certain is Scottsdale Mall, and I don't think its only been there a couple of months, its not plated, belongs to store I believe.

What date did you receive your purchase confirmation?

That is super good data, the only place I have seen is Grand Touring for Certain is Scottsdale Mall, and I don't think its only been there a couple of months, its not plated, belongs to store I believe.
The White GT they have at Scottsdale Mall (not the one in the showroom) apparently just came in either this past weekend or early this week. I test drove it yesterday, and it has some additional security features designed for test driving (namely the need for the SA to follow a slightly different start-up process). Overall, it drove very well (though admittedly I don't have any other EV driving experience to compare it to). I had a little time to try it on the highway, and it didn't disappoint. Though I will say that it would be great to know, as others have said, what is operational and what is not when you take possession. For example, I asked if it would prevent me from changing lanes when another car was present. I guess that's part of the ADAS and not currently enabled.

In other words, I'm not so concerned that ADAS features aren't yet there, but as I'm not sure what everything related to ADAS may be - like Adaptive CC. I do worry that if I were having the car delivered soon, I might take some safety features for granted that aren't quite there yet. Obviously, that could lead to bad results.

But overall, nothing about the test drive swayed me from my original plan to purchase. Hopefully, with 2-4 months of wait time, a lot more will be enabled. Just tell me what's not there when I get it. That shouldn't be a big ask.

Back