Air Dream Deliveries?

Have you changed profiles while sitting in drivers seat? The load time is not insignificant. 20-30 seconds.

Don't have the car yet. Hoping for next week.

We got our Model S Plaid in August and are still getting updates every few days to activate features that are being brought on line only sporadically. Since we've had the car, Tesla has done the following OTA updates:

- suspension (to reduce a problem with the front end going light under hard acceleration)
- turn signal self-canceling for lane changes
- putting blind spot camera shots on the screen when using the turn signals
- more refined control of headlight dimming
- programming the navigation system to maintain settings during stopovers
- enabling the phone app to access camera images from the car
- turning on rear seat heaters from the front screen
- adding an automatic cut-off feature for seat heaters when cabin reaches pre-set temperature
- updated control functions for the audio system
- additional bass boost with a boombox feature
- pumping your voice through the exterior speakers
- adding a car wash mode to kill sensors and disengage parking brake during a wash
- adding new games

And we're still waiting for the active noise cancellation feature that has been promised for almost a year.

Lucid is offering a very ambitious suite of software features for a brand new car company that delivered its first car less than two months ago. Tesla has been at this ten years and introduced the Plaid last spring. I think a little patience is warranted in allowing Lucid time to get everything in order on the software front.

I confirmed my order in mid-October for a Eureka Gold, Range, 21", pickup in Millbrae. No VIN, payment, docs, or date yet. My DA has been pushing me to accept delivery before the end of the year even though I'm out of town. However the last update I received just before Christmas was that delivery was looking increasingly unlikely (given time needed for inspection, transit, and detailing) and I might not get my VIN until the new year.

We got our Model S Plaid in August and are still getting updates every few days to activate features that are being brought on line only sporadically.

Have you tried out the light show yet?

Last edited:
Given anyone here can register for this group these data points are somewhat hard to discern can you please upload a reservation picture so that a 3rd party can confirm. Even then I still don’t know if you can’t just copy and fake that. The factory is pumping out close 13 cars a day and leaving in big trucks. Where are they going if not to customers hmmmm

Given anyone here can register for this group these data points are somewhat hard to discern can you please upload a reservation picture so that a 3rd party can confirm. Even then I still don’t know if you can’t just copy and fake that. The factory is pumping out close 13 cars a day and leaving in big trucks. Where are they going if not to customers hmmmm

If you're suggesting that people are lying about when they ordered cars they still haven't gotten, here's a screen shot of my order from the Lucid website. You will note my order was confirmed at 2:12 p.m. on 20 September, within two hours of the emails going out to ask people to configure their final order. You will also note that my order is marked "Paid" (which I did on December 11).

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 10.23.00 AM.png

And here's the notification confirming I reserved the car on 22 September 2018:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.48.28 PM.png

I still have not been given a delivery date for my car. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
If you're suggesting that people are lying about when they ordered cars they still haven't gotten, here's a screen shot of my order from the Lucid website. You will note my order was confirmed at 2:12 p.m. on 20 September, within less than two hours of the emails going out to ask people to configure their final order. You will also note that my order is marked "Paid" (which I did on December 11).

View attachment 384

View attachment 385

It is pretty clear from the above that your car will be delivered in the first quarter, definitely not this year.

I am most likely one of the last Dream Edition "owners". I was on the waitlist for the Dream and when they increased the number from 500 to 520 in September, I got "invited" to upgrade which I did immediately. My original reservation was for the GT as the Dream Editions were sold out at that time. I don't know any reason why anyone posting here would lie about our situation. Bottom line in my opinion is Lucid will most likely be able to produce somewhere near the 577 cars originally promised, but not likely they will be able to deliver them this year due to "logistical" problems. I do have a VIN that I received last Tuesday, but so far no Docusign package and I have not been asked to pay. I'm assuming my car will have to ship by Wednesday for me to have any chance of taking title this year. Still hoping for a miracle; we'll know soon enough.

These are not the Dream Editions you are looking for...

I am most likely one of the last Dream Edition "owners". I was on the waitlist for the Dream and when they increased the number from 500 to 520 in September, I got "invited" to upgrade which I did immediately. My original reservation was for the GT as the Dream Editions were sold out at that time. I don't know any reason why anyone posting here would lie about our situation. Bottom line in my opinion is Lucid will most likely be able to produce somewhere near the 577 cars originally promised, but not likely they will be able to deliver them this year due to "logistical" problems. I do have a VIN that I received last Tuesday, but so far no Docusign package and I have not been asked to pay. I'm assuming my car will have to ship by Wednesday for me to have any chance of taking title this year. Still hoping for a miracle; we'll know soon enough.
If you're suggesting that people are lying about when they ordered cars they still haven't gotten, here's a screen shot of my order from the Lucid website. You will note my order was confirmed at 2:12 p.m. on 20 September, within two hours of the emails going out to ask people to configure their final order. You will also note that my order is marked "Paid" (which I did on December 11).

View attachment 384

View attachment 385

Well that’s not good

Yea, just silly to think that anyone here would be faking reservation information and what not. Plus, with 17,000 reservations, this forum only has 270 total users. We've only had around 10-15 come forward saying they had a Dream reservation. Sample size is so small.

I don’t see why anyone would fake this.

I agree with above, I think they will hit close to the 577 goal for produced (they won’t hit it totally, my gut is 550-560). But not Delivered.

Don't have the car yet. Hoping for next week.

We got our Model S Plaid in August and are still getting updates every few days to activate features that are being brought on line only sporadically. Since we've had the car, Tesla has done the following OTA updates:

- suspension (to reduce a problem with the front end going light under hard acceleration)
- turn signal self-canceling for lane changes
- putting blind spot camera shots on the screen when using the turn signals
- more refined control of headlight dimming
- programming the navigation system to maintain settings during stopovers
- enabling the phone app to access camera images from the car
- turning on rear seat heaters from the front screen
- adding an automatic cut-off feature for seat heaters when cabin reaches pre-set temperature
- updated control functions for the audio system
- additional bass boost with a boombox feature
- pumping your voice through the exterior speakers
- adding a car wash mode to kill sensors and disengage parking brake during a wash
- adding new games

And we're still waiting for the active noise cancellation feature that has been promised for almost a year.

Lucid is offering a very ambitious suite of software features for a brand new car company that delivered its first car less than two months ago. Tesla has been at this ten years and introduced the Plaid last spring. I think a little patience is warranted in allowing Lucid time to get everything in order on the software front.
I agree for these first few 100 cars patience is warranted. I am a car enthusiast not an EV enthusiast. I never bought a Tesla partialy due to quality, but more because I don’t like the design ”philosophy”.
Lucid is presenting as a “Luxury electric car company”. This is not a subtle difference to me and is why I put down an early deposit.

From Lucid “The advanced technology within Air is the real deal. From the moment you open the Lucid app, to the immersive in-car experience, every interaction is designed to be instant, intuitive, and exactly as you wish.” I can not compare this car to a Tesla. I can compare it to BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and Lexus. That’s the appropriate benchmark for a Luxury car. The standard I’m holding is not higher than Lucid’s own standards. Which is what makes them appealing as a company.

I agree for these first few 100 cars patience is warranted. I am a car enthusiast not an EV enthusiast. I never bought a Tesla partialy due to quality, but more because I don’t like the design ”philosophy”.
Lucid is presenting as a “Luxury electric car company”. This is not a subtle difference to me and is why I put down an early deposit.

From Lucid “The advanced technology within Air is the real deal. From the moment you open the Lucid app, to the immersive in-car experience, every interaction is designed to be instant, intuitive, and exactly as you wish.” I can not compare this car to a Tesla. I can compare it to BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and Lexus. That’s the appropriate benchmark for a Luxury car. The standard I’m holding is not higher than Lucid’s own standards. Which is what makes them
appealing as a company.

Tesla is not a luxury car company, but they try to style themselves a software company — and they make a hash of a lot of it. As for the German brands, most of them don’t even have over-the-air updates.

Grand touring vin is 1385 @
Scottsdale:

Attachments

• 42D6AB18-73A1-4126-8990-9F04C71F35E7.jpeg
    42D6AB18-73A1-4126-8990-9F04C71F35E7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 182
Would anyone car to share their last 4 of their VIN just curious how the numbers are sequencing you could even say like 12xx , that might help as well.
So far I know of:
12xx
13xx , which means to me there is a gap of at least 100-200 cars delivered , I think there is a sequence I am pretty sure of it.

Would anyone car to share their last 4 of their VIN just curious how the numbers are sequencing you could even say like 12xx , that might help as well.
So far I know of:
12xx
13xx , which means to me there is a gap of at least 100-200 cars delivered , I think there is a sequence I am pretty sure of it.

Super helpful, so the sequence so far are:
12xx,

Yea except, I got mine on 11/14 -2604 and Bill got his on 12/10 - 2067

Back